Character Info Toolbox

AlbinoRhino

Huh. Well ... google isn't helping much. Does Opera have an error console ? And, if so, are any errors being reported for the script ?

Here is another version you can try.

Attachments

• familiarfaves.20120307.js
    4 KB · Views: 22

Bale

Minion
Opera does have an error console. It's got some very involved developer's tools which I don't really appreciate or know how to use, except when I want to download an image from a page where image downloading is illicit. (Right-click and choose "Inspect Element") However, that no longer matters too much since your latest version works! Thank you.

I'm now going to ask you for another project, though this one should be fairly simple! I hope. When I click on the familiar gear it calls up a menu of all applicable familiar gear. That's good, but it only works on a right-click while the familiar picker works on a left-click. That's confusing. How can I make the familiar gear equipper work on both right and left clicks? Sorry to keep you so busy, but I love what you're doing!

I'm attaching current versions to this post in case you or anyone else wants to use this new familiar picker feature.

Attachments

• charpane.ash
    117.7 KB · Views: 26
  • chit.js
    7.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Winterbay

The original familiar can be wearing anything, it doesn't have to be from that list.

But is there any instance when I have no equipment on any familiar, but do have equipment in my inventory, that I would not want it equipped if I change to the familiar? Why does it only work if at least one familiar has equipment on?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That is a good question. Taking from other familiars is a special case, but one would think it would also take from any other place you have authorized.

Bale

Minion
Wasn't this done on purpose, so people could bypass the behavior if they wanted?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a preference if that was the reason? This way is terribly unintuitive, confusing and difficult to use. Hence, it seems unlikely to have been done on purpose.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I tracked it down to 6628, which I believe was an attempt to mimic KoL's familiar locking, except without removing specific equipment that a familiar might already be wearing when you switch to it (a reason to avoid KoL's familiar locking). From the perspective of doing something similar to familiar locking, it makes sense to assume nothing is "locked" if nothing is equipped. If there was any discussion about that decision, it was lost when the old bug report system went away.

A way to choose whether to put on equipment would be simple to add, if it's actually wanted. More useful might be a way to customize the order of things listed, but I can't even picture a good GUI for configuring that.

AlbinoRhino

When I click on the familiar gear it calls up a menu of all applicable familiar gear. That's good, but it only works on a right-click while the familiar picker works on a left-click. That's confusing. How can I make the familiar gear equipper work on both right and left clicks?

Huh. The equipment menu works with both right or left click for me in FF 13. I tried it in IE 9, and that one ONLY works with left click. I will have a look at it. I guess I may need to download Opera ... and maybe Chrome too.

AlbinoRhino

OK. In FF and a freshly installed Opera, here is what I get. Left-click familiar, goes to terrarium. Right-click familiar opens familiar favorites picker.

For the equipment picker, in FF, either right or left click works. In Opera I am getting, only left-click for equipment menu and right-click gives normal context menu. This is the opposite of what you are getting ?

AlbinoRhino

Attached is an altered version of chit.js (altered from the version you posted in post #302, above). This version allows both right & left click for the familiar equip picker in Opera (for me anyway). Also, the MCD switcher should now pop up with either a right or left click.

Attachments

• chit.js
    7.4 KB · Views: 28

Bale

Minion
You are awesome! I'm really enjoying our collaboration. Thanks for fixing it with the MCD also. Sometimes I use the wrong click there so it is nice not to have a wrong click. I didn't realize that was an Opera only bug. I guess it's time to spin a new release. My apologies to everyone who hates updating multiple files.

Updated to 0.6.9
  • Familiar Switcher now uses KoLmafia's logic for familiar gear switching (if you don't lock your gear)
    Yay for charpane and main interface working the same way! Thanks to AlbinoRhino!
  • Browser consistency fix: Right and left click work the same for familiar gear and MCD in all browsers. Thanks to Albino Rhino!
  • Consistent counter highlighting

This update requires 3 files updated. Sorry. It is awesome though.

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Not that it it matters ... but the bug was actually a FF one. The way the script was written, the familiar equipment menu SHOULD have only appeared with a left-click. However, in FF it appeared with both even though the script wasn't written that way.

rlbond86

Just to be clear, can I re-extract the zip file instead of downloading the three individual files? Or do I need to do both?

livercat

Yesterday, all of a sudden, CHIT stopped showing my active effects. It happened mid-session, while I was using relay browser. There were no error messages in gCLI. Screenshot: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1093693/chit-noeffects.png
I'm using the latest build of kolmafia (11294). Restarting kolmafia, clearing browser cache or loading relay in another browser don't help.
I've tried to delete everything in 'relay' folder, then placed only CHIT there, and that didn't help either.
Default charpane shows active effects just fine.
Do you have any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Bale

Minion
Dunno. Probably your preferences for chit got messed up.

In the CLI, typing zlib chit will tell you all your preferences. The most likely culprits would be chit.effects.layout or chit.walls.layout

You could simply delete the chit preferences from your vars_<name>.txt file if you want to restore defaults. Or you could change them. I'd recommend setting them to something useful. By issuing the following two lines in your CLI you can make effect display the same as mine:
zlib chit.effects.layout = songs,buffs,intrinsics
zlib chit.walls.layout = helpers,effects