Character Info Toolbox

AlbinoRhino

Awesome! I knew there had to be an easy way to do that. I looked over your sample and the code and comments make it seem very easy to implement. I don't have the time to work that into my script now, but I am curious what others think about the look. Here's a sample of how familiar image will be displayed:

AgKnH.png

Do people think that looks good/bad/hard to click on familiar item? The familiar item in the sample is a pet sweater. Is it too obscured? It is animated in the sample, although that isn't duplicated in my screenshot.

Putting the lock on the toolbar is still an option, so I now have two possible ways to implement this request.

You can also adjust the position so the overlap isn't complete. Below is the exact same code with the top/left of the 2nd image at +20. Of course, this eats up a wee bit more screen but does reveal more of the item image.

pic.gif

Bale

Minion
That might be worth adding an extra two pixels. Not only does it make the equipment more clear, but it also makes the lock appear to be a separate thing interacting with the equipment. Previously it looked more like part of the same image. It makes the purpose of the icon obvious. I like intuitive GUI.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Oh heck. I started to implement this and I immediately noticed that there's a glaring hole in my plan. I have no way to tell if the familiar equipment is locked! That information does not appear in the charpane and KoLmafia will not inform me of it either.

I've made a KoLmafia feature request. If it is accepted I'll implement the feature in Chit.

Bale

Minion
That is saying that it couldn't find a "Last Adventure:" link. I assume that it continued to work after that isolated occurrence? If so, then lag caused your charpane to only partially load. If this is an ongoing problem, then please copy/paste your charpane html into this thread so I (or someone else) can figure out WTF happened.

eegee

For r11188 onwards (or in fact any, but from r11188 the following breaks) change line 651 from:
Code:
rewards[$location[castle]] = "inhaler.gif|Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler|95";
to:
Code:
rewards[$location[giant's castle]] = "inhaler.gif|Mick's IcyVapoHotness Inhaler|95";

Theraze

Wossname has the same bug... I updated my last "stuff you should update in Wossname to make it less breaky" post with that as well. :)

Bale

Minion
Updated to 0.6.7.3
  • Fixed Giant's Castle bug
  • Improved Key-o-tron reporting... I think...
  • Tidied up a little bit of css

Unfortunately chit.css needs to be updated also. I wouldn't have updated except for the recent bug caused by a new adventure location.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Hrm? Try deleting the entry for "Character Info Toolbox" from zversions.txt and if that doesn't fix the problem please copy/paste the error message for me.

Bale

Minion
Kickin' new feature!~ Thanks to AlbinoRhino for the necessary CSS code and thanks to roippi and Catch-22 for the KoLmafia feature needed to implement it. This one was definitely a team effort.

Updated to 0.6.8
  • You can now un/lock familiar gear from the charpane.
  • Unfortunately chit.css needs to be updated also. I'm sorry about that, but unlike last time it was unavoidable.

Bale

Minion
I'd like to direct a question to the users of this script whose html/java skills are better than my own such as AlbinoRhino. How would I modify the page so that KoL's familiar picker would use a command of my own choice, rather than KoL's familiar changer. I'd like this since mafia knows how to equip the best familiar item, or leave it alone if there is already something equipped. KoL cannot do that. The correct link for this would be:

Code:
'<a href="/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=familiar+' + fam_choice + '+&pwd=' + my_hash() + '">';

Where fam_choice is replaced by whatever is selected by the user. How can I insert that into KoL's java?

AlbinoRhino

I'd like to direct a question to the users of this script whose html/java skills are better than my own such as AlbinoRhino. How would I modify the page so that KoL's familiar picker would use a command of my own choice, rather than KoL's familiar changer. I'd like this since mafia knows how to equip the best familiar item, or leave it alone if there is already something equipped. KoL cannot do that. The correct link for this would be:

Code:
'<a href="/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=familiar+' + fam_choice + '+&pwd=' + my_hash() + '">';

Where fam_choice is replaced by whatever is selected by the user. How can I insert that into KoL's java?

The actual javascript which changes the familiars appears to be in the file images/scripts/familiarfaves.20120307.js in the mafia folder. The change would have to be made in that file rather than the charpane.php file, I think. I tried changing line 75 of that file to :

dojax('/KoLmafia/sideCommand?cmd=ashq use_familiar(to_familiar('+famid+'))&pwd='+pwdhash+'&ajax=1',

which seems to change the familiar just fine, but loads the ajax result into the mainpane rather than the charpane of the relay browser. Not sure how to handle that, and in any event, I don't see this file inside the mafia jar, so I assume it is downloaded from KoL and placed there ?

Bale

Minion
That a good start. To solve the problem of editing images/scripts/familiarfaves.20120307.js, it might be better to rename the function and add the modified version to chit.js.

Now, what extra modification is needed to avoid loading the ajax result into the mainpane and where is the script called in the charpane html? How do I do that? We're close!

Winterbay

"/images/scripts/familiarfaves.20120307.js" gets called on line 67 of charpane.php. If that helps or not I have no idea about :)