bumcheekcity's Easy Snapshot Maker

Zaranthos

After I put the Sneaky Pete XXIX 5 tattoo on my profile once and then switched back to another one my current updated snapshots don't show that I have Sneaky Pete XXIX 5 tattoo. Even if I have the tatto on my profile it refuses to update showing I have it. Strange that the snapshot showed I had it before I had ever put the tattoo on my profile but after I had it refuses to.

Edit: Another issue is that it won't show 90%+ or 100% familiar runs after you free the king until after you ascend. Since ascension now technically ends with freeing the king that should probably be changed.

Last edited:

Theraze

Not true with the Black Cat though, so I'm not sure if I agree fully with that... with the other familiars, you do get their trophies at liberation time, but the Black Cat doesn't count unless it's every (combat) adventure from jump to jump...

slyz

Developer
The Sneaky Pete XXIX 5 tattoo isn't on the profile page yet.

Regarding the 90%-100% ascensions, this script uses information from koldb, which only updates once you ascend, but it could probably parse ascensionhistory.php?back=self&who=<playerid> instead.

Last edited:

Theraze

Was thinking about the snapshot script and Trendy runs... would it be possible to have it consider Trendy runs to be similar to Bad Moon runs, in that what's available isn't necessarily everything you have? I believe (might be wrong) the script has BM detection and won't strip familiars and skills if you run it during a BM run. If it does... should probably get an abort during BM runs instead of letting it mess up your stats.

slyz

Developer
I guess this could be done server-side: if the site says a user had a skill, but the new info doesn't, discard the new info.

Theraze

Ehh... if they had the off-by-one data bug though, you'd want it to discard the old (wrong) data and accept the new.

illarion

Wonderful script, but for a while I've been thinking there's a bug, and now I'm (reasonably) sure.

I have just finished a run, purchased two skills (stringozzi and tolerance of the kitchen), forced a mafia session refresh, then run the snapshot script. This snapshot was generated: http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=Illarion&oldid=71199-bumcheekcity
It correctly lists the generation time as "Generated on 25th November 2011 (3:11 PM) GMT".

The two skills mentioned are not shown (as in, are white, not yellow). Furthermore, Master of the Surprising Fist, which I permed at the end of my last run, is white. Interestingly however, the Good Will Punching and Mixed Martial Arts trophies - both of which I purchased at roughly the same time as Tolerance and Stringozzi, ARE correctly shown in green.

I have tried loading my profile in a different browser (Chrome) than normal (Firefox), and doing a forced refresh in Firefox, and the skills are still not shown - so I don't think it's a caching issue, unless it's at my ISP.

Basically, it seems like the snapshot script only "notices" some changes a while after they occur. I haven't yet been able to pin down what triggers the change - possibly ascending? Possibly restarting Mafia? This seems to occur with skills but not trophies. Anecdotally, I seem to remember issues with familiars and their tourguide/100% status, but I put that down to the script perhaps checking something that only updates after ascension, so didn't worry about it. As a data point, my just completed run was a 100% Hound Dog - the Hound Dog is showing "standard green", ie "you have this familiar but have not done a 100% or Tour Guide run". My PREVIOUS run was a 100% Scarecrow - and the scarecrow is still showing white!

EDIT: For science, I restarted Mafia and ran a new snapshot: http://bumcheekcity.com/kol/profile.php?u=Illarion&oldid=71201-bumcheekcity
Doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
I don't know why Master of the Surprising Fist isn't showing, but the two skills you acquired and haven't permed yet won't show up since that table only shows permed skills (unlike the AFH skill tool, which shows unpermed, available skills too).

Regarding the 100% run, maybe koldb hadn't updated when you did the snapshot. Since http://www.koldb.com/player.php?name=illarion now shows your 100% Scarecrow run, you could try running the snapshot script again. If it doesn't notice the 100% run now, then there's probably a problem somewhere.

I just got a message I wasn't expecting trying to run the newest version of this script... apparently it isn't trendy enough to run normally in Trendy XD

Bale

Minion
A very excellent feature! This script is sooo 2009. I wouldn't be caught dead running it during a Trendy ascension.

Thanks for adding the abort dialogue.

ModeSix

I've downloaded the latest version of this from both the forums and from sourceforge, but it tells me there is a newer version available and it also errors out with a failure.

2.2 is the newest one correct?

edit: nevermind I found 2.3 :) (you should update the attachments in the OP)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Yeah. Someone blue messaged me in chat just a couple of days ago because they didn't understand that and were hoping someone could help them out in real time.

Winterbay

Actually I think it would be better to remove the attafhment in the OP since the newest version is always going to be on sourceforge anyway.

A small issue

It appears that BCC snapshot is not seeing the following discoveries:

Candy cane candygram
Vodka Matryoshka

I base this on the fact that no one has all the discoveries greened in. But of those that are all missing 1 - in all cases it is the Candy cane candygram in meatpasting, and the Vodka Matryoshka in cocktails.

Plus I reran it several times as recommended.

One other thing, which I bet you know about, but I will put here anyway: We don't have the Seuss Skills on the profile yet.

Thanks for this wonderful script BCC - and for all the other great stuff you do for the community.