bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

My current thoughts are that trying to automate the challenge path will be too hard to practically do, and will not lead to a rise in karma/day over HCNP. So i'm not going to do it, unless continued spading means it looks more likely.

Basically, I'm never going to support a challenge path that's inevitably going to be fewer karma/day than HCNP, which the script can knock out 5-dayers now with even a relatively low amount of skills/IOTMs.

Furthermore, the fact that everyone and their cat bitched about the script having massive problems in HCBees means I'm not even adding Kung Fu Fighting support, so there'll never be confusion as to whether this path will be supported even if just by integrating some other elements.

Thoughts?

Gruddlefitt

I personally think that is a wise decision.
Continuously adding support for new challenge paths would bloat this script and also risk introducing errors each time.
And as you mention the support might never be that great given the limited window of opportunity (for extra Karma at least).

If someone else want to script auto ascension for a given or all challenge paths they could base that script on this one, if they get your permission of course.

If you stick to this decision then you might want to block/warn users if trying to use this script for a challenge path.

bumcheekcity

To clarify, i'm absolutely happy to add support if it turns out that it's easily scriptable and the script can skill pull off 6/7 HCChallenges. But yeah, it'll just be too much for this one and Bees.

Bees only got partially integrated because Winterbay wrote most of it :D

Yeah I'm thinking about doing a challenge run, but more to say I did it (like I did BHY, hated it, tried it again, still hated it). I wouldn't want to try and script it.

Crowther

My current thoughts are that trying to automate the challenge path will be too hard to practically do, and will not lead to a rise in karma/day over HCNP. So i'm not going to do it, unless continued spading means it looks more likely.

Thoughts?
Sadly, I have to say that I think this is a very wise decision. It was inevitable that a challenge path would not be worth the effort.

However, I've been wondering for a while now that maybe a partial compromise might be possible in this case. If the script could be configured to never spend meat, cast buffs or autosell, I think it could still be very useful. Call me whatever you want, but I'm seriously dreading having to play that level 11 quest by hand.

Winterbay

The script already do not do most of the buffing if you have less than 5k meat, which sounds probable in a run such as this. You may need to stop the script form creating class weapons and similar though since you can't use them anyway (apart from possibly the saucepan and accordion).
Also, there are several other scripts out there to do the level 11 quest, and it's not that bad. Level 12 is way way worse imo, I quite like the level 11 one, but I sincerely hate the level 12.

What, why? It was awesome and I loved every minute of it :)

Oh, just the lack of pumpkin beer (my favorite booze), Bandersnatch (one of my favorite familiars), He-Boulder (another favorite familiar), Knob Goblin Organ Grinder, Disembodied hand, and then a few other aggravations...mainly that was it though. I ended up getting more karma per day average doing the runs but it was more of a pain to do them...now that I have cocoon permed though the island war would be a lot cheaper to do. ;)

Ferdawoon

v0.31 when as a Frat maximizing for the nuns in a DB NP HC, it get the order of the maximization commands wrong, causing an error.
The line is "mainstat -10 ml -tie +outfit -melee frat warrior" and should be "mainstat -10 ml -tie +outfit frat warrior -melee". Also, why do it even equip the drowsy sword in the first place?

EDIT: Nvm I see someone already made a note about it on the SourceForge page.

Code:
BCC: Maximizing 'nuns'
Maximizing...
288 combinations checked, best score 204.0
Wielding Drowsy Sword...
Equipment changed.
Stealing sugar shield from Trog the Frumious Bandersnatch...
Putting on sugar shield...
Equipment changed.
Unrecognized keyword: melee frat warrior
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Ferdawoon

Got an infinite loop if I run out of adventures in the Hedge Maze.

Code:
Conditions satisfied after 1 adventures.
Calling Universal Recovery for type=HP, amount=0
Checking prerequisites...
Retrieving maze status...
Computing maze solution...
Retrieving hedge key...
Ran out of adventures.
Checking prerequisites...
Retrieving maze status...
Computing maze solution...
Retrieving hedge key...
Ran out of adventures.

Woah, how the fuck did it get an 838? Did you play any areas manually? That's awesome.

I did the filthworms manually, and set no temple levelling, so had to open the ballroom (library + bedroom) and set the song to make 6 day 1 - but that was it.

I made my own food too, but nothing fancy - and used inigo's a few times a day for supercocks.

I think the rng just loved me this time :) will have a look at and perhaps post a log somewhere.

Thanks again!

bumcheekcity

I'd be very interested in a log of that.

Also, if anyone can work out why it won't use the arrow against the LFM, I'd be grateful for the input, as I can only test it once a day and I just can't work it out.

morgad

It used the Angel (but no arrows) against photocopied lobsters for me, but not on the beach :/
no Idea about arrow, is it a smartstasis/batbat problem?

-> Turn [886] Jumpsuited Hound Dog (28 lbs)
[886-899] Wartime Sonofa Beach
+> [890] Got barrel of gunpowder
+> [894] Got barrel of gunpowder
-> Turn [900] Frumious Bandersnatch (30 lbs)
+> [899] Got barrel of gunpowder

It also keeps faxing after finishing the island ... is that intended?
-> Turn [991] Obtuse Angel (18 lbs)
[990] photocopied monster
+> [990] Got barrel of gunpowder
[991-995] Sorceress' Hedge Maze

best regards
Dave