bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

jwylot

4) The script doesn't actually seem to be stopping when it it time to get a semi-rare. Also on this note, would it be possible to be able to set as an option two semirare adventures that the script would just alternate between (for example, lunchboxes and distilled wine)?

Isn't that down to counterchecker.ash rather than BCA?

Generally, BC has asked for bugs and feature requests to be posted on his sourceforge page.

bumcheekcity

Great script!

A couple of minor comments:

1) If you have Little Canadia open, the ML will only go up to +10, instead of the +11 that the mind-control device is capable of.

2) Something appears to be wrong with the inaboxen tasks. It just keeps getting clovers from the hermit and then crashes. Also, would it be possible to have this task be performed earlier than level 7, perhaps through some sort of toggleable option in the configuration?

3) The script can't detect that the friarsteel task is done when you have the Liver of Steel skill (although it does not actually attempt to acquire the items). It should just be able to tick that thing off the list if the skill is present.

4) The script doesn't actually seem to be stopping when it it time to get a semi-rare. Also on this note, would it be possible to be able to set as an option two semirare adventures that the script would just alternate between (for example, lunchboxes and distilled wine)?

5) It seems like the script should be able to collect the level 6 guardian item because there is only one possible place that the item should be and it only takes one trip to get it.

Keep up the good work!

1) Meh.
2) CLI output? I'll fix this if I can. How would you like it to get the innaboxen before level 7?
3) Fixed in 0.31
4) It doesn't and won't. Bale has a counterchecker script for this purpose. See that thread for how to set it up.
5) Good point. Add it to the sourceforge and it'll be done soon. Ish.

bumcheekcity

Isn't that down to counterchecker.ash rather than BCA?

Generally, BC has asked for bugs and feature requests to be posted on his sourceforge page.

And yes, as a general rule, there's a damn good chance stuff's going to be missed if it's posted here, or I'll just tell someone to post it on SF :D

Winterbay

Since myst classes aren't supported anymore, any chance you can make your changes available? I've got a multi that is just fiddling in aftercore that I'd like to use to try out this script, but he needs to do a bunch of pastamancer runs to get some pastamancer skills. I like to see the incremental improvements from new skills, so I don't really want to do a bunch of runs where I just bank karma for big skill perming fest in the nebulos future. This is for HC, btw.

BCC was kind enough to add, in 0.30 or 0.29, an option to set the script to use your CCS if you are a myst class as well. The option is "bcasc_doMystAsCCS" and should be set to "true" if you want to use your CCS instead of the built in function.

Ethelred

BCC was kind enough to add, in 0.30 or 0.29, an option to set the script to use your CCS if you are a myst class as well. The option is "bcasc_doMystAsCCS" and should be set to "true" if you want to use your CCS instead of the built in function.

Ok, thanks. I was under the impression that you had made more changes, but if that's all there is to it, ok. Do you recommend Zarquon's SS and/or Bat Brain to go along with that?

rickerscott

Can you add an option to completely disable leveling anywhere, and to abort if it doesn't have enough meat for a quest objective? It seems like whenever I get beaten up by a bee the script spends the rest of my adventures leveling if I don't stop it, and it seems like it constantly power levels if it doesn't have enough meat to complete certain quests. Like it did today when it didn't have enough meat to buy a black market map.

bumcheekcity

Can you add an option to completely disable leveling anywhere, and to abort if it doesn't have enough meat for a quest objective? It seems like whenever I get beaten up by a bee the script spends the rest of my adventures leveling if I don't stop it, and it seems like it constantly power levels if it doesn't have enough meat to complete certain quests. Like it did today when it didn't have enough meat to buy a black market map.
cli

So...doing a HCNP AT run on another account with 0.30 and for some reason it's trying to use the Drowsy Sword on Themthar hills. The maximizer doesn't say "-melee" when I bring it up to see the last results, and as a result the account is frequently losing combats because they're going too long. Please add "-melee" in there for moxie accounts. :)

I submitted a bug for this, got it again on another run for that account. I keep forgetting to pulverize or autosell that $!%@# Drowsy Sword on moxie runs as soon as I get it. :)

Ferdawoon

I just had a wierd bug.

The script was working away in the Pyramid, in the Upper Chambers trying to find that wooden wheel for the Middle Chamber when I encountered a monster that my SmartStasis + SpamAttack consultscript CCS could not handle, and it aborted telling me to go to finish it myself in the relaybrowser. I have no problem with this, I just finished the monster manually and I ran BCCAscend v0.30 again.

Here is the wierd part though. Instead of going back to the Upper Chamber, the script went straight to the Middle chamber! I noticed that 50 adv in a row in the middle chamber sounded wierd so I aborted. I got the http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/It's_In_the_Post adventure a lot of times there, which only appear if I adventure there without having the wooden wheel! Going back and doing the Upper chamber on my own, it took 3 adv to get the wheel and restarting the script it all worked fine in the middle chamber again.

Suggesting a little flag in the Middle Chamber that sense if you get that It's in the Post adventure, in case this happen again, at least it know to go back to the Upper chamber again.

Code:
[972] The Upper Chamber
Encounter: tomb servant
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
You lose 15 hit points
Round 1: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 1: ferdawoon casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
 > SpamAttack: Monster HP is 222.0 which was increased by 45 due to bees hating you.
 > SpamAttack: We are going to 5-shot with Stream of Sauce, Salsaball, Salsaball, Salsaball and Salsaball.
Round 2: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 2: ferdawoon casts STREAM OF SAUCE!
Round 3: tomb servant takes 102 damage.
Round 3: ferdawoon casts SALSABALL!
Round 4: tomb servant takes 36 damage.
Round 4: ferdawoon casts SALSABALL!
Round 5: tomb servant takes 50 damage.
Round 5: ferdawoon casts SALSABALL!
Round 6: tomb servant takes 36 damage.
Round 6: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You gain 75 Meat
After Battle: Grobert doffs its top hat and gives you a little, "Hello my baby, hello my honey," kicking its legs and singing harmony with its second set of jaws.
You acquire an item: unidentified jerky
After Battle: Grobert smiles on the inside. Unlike all other life-forms, it's doing it literally, with its second set of jaws.
You gain 9 Strengthliness
You gain 28 Mysteriousness
You gain 12 Sarcasm
 > Calling Universal Recovery for type=HP, amount=0
 > Calling Universal Recovery for type=MP, amount=0

[973] The Upper Chamber
Encounter: tomb asp
Round 0: ferdawoon loses initiative!
You lose 15 hit points
You lose 56 hit points
You acquire an effect: Really Quite Poisoned (duration: 10 Adventures)
Round 1: ferdawoon casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: ferdawoon casts STRINGOZZI SERPENT!
Round 3: tomb asp takes 229 damage.
Round 3: tomb asp takes 114 damage.
Round 3: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You gain 168 Meat
After Battle: Grobert doffs its top hat and gives you a little, "Hello my baby, hello my honey," kicking its legs and singing harmony with its second set of jaws.
You acquire an item: unidentified jerky
After Battle: Grobert smiles on the inside. Unlike all other life-forms, it's doing it literally, with its second set of jaws.
You gain 15 Strengthliness
You gain 25 Enchantedness
You gain 9 Smarm

use 1 anti-anti-antidote
 > Restoring HP! Currently at 56 of 142 HP, 116 of 496 MP, current meat: 15150 ... Target HP = 135.
 > Trying to fullheal

cast 1 Cannelloni Cocoon
You gain 86 hit points
 > ******************
 > Ascending Starting
 > ******************
 > Doing a check for Telescope Items
 > Level 1 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [toot].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knob].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [pantry].
 > BCC: levelMe(5, true) called.
 > Level 2 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [guild].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [spookyforest].
 > BCC: levelMe(8, true) called.
 > Level 3 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [tavern].
 > BCC: levelMe(13, true) called.
 > Level 4 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [bats1].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [meatcar].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [bats2].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [8bit].
 > BCC: levelMe(20, true) called.
 > Level 5 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [dinghy].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbilliards].
 > BCC: levelMe(29, true) called.
 > Level 6 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [friars].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [knobking].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [friarssteel].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manorlibrary].
 > BCC: levelMe(40, true) called.
 > Level 7 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [cyrpt].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [manorbedroom].
 > BCC: levelMe(53, true) called.
 > Level 8 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [trapper].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [wand].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [piratefledges].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [mirror].
 > BCC: levelMe(68, true) called.
 > Level 9 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [chasm].
 > BCC: levelMe(85, true) called.
 > Level 10 Starting
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [airship].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [castle].
 > BCC: levelMe(104, true) called.
 > Level 11 Starting
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [hits].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinspooky].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinpyramid].
 > BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinhiddencity].
 > BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinfinal].
 > BCC: Step 1 / 3: get a token. (image 4)
 > BCC: Maximizing ''
 > BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
 > BCC: Setting the default familiar to your choice of 'xenomorph'.

canadia.php?action=changedial&whichlevel=0
 > BCC: Getting another choice adventure
 > BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!

cast 1 Smooth Movement
You acquire an effect: Smooth Movements (duration: 10 Adventures)

cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
You acquire an effect: The Sonata of Sneakiness (duration: 10 Adventures)
 > Need to Level up a bit to get 249 Mainstat
 > BCC: levelMe(249, false) called.
 > Need to Level up a bit to get at least 249 buffed Primestat. This means getting 59 Primestat.
 > BCC: But, we're a myst class and at or over level 10, so we won't bother with buffed stats.
 > BCC: Setting goals of 'choiceadv'...

[974] The Middle Chamber
Encounter: Beebee King
Round 0: ferdawoon wins initiative!
You lose 15 hit points
 > SpamAttack: It's a bee! It has 98.0 HP, 147.0 attack, 130.0 defense.
 > SpamAttack: We are going to 4-shot with Stream of Sauce, Stream of Sauce, Stream of Sauce and Stream of Sauce.
Round 1: ferdawoon casts STREAM OF SAUCE!
Round 2: beebee king takes 27 damage.
You lose 33 hit points
Round 2: ferdawoon casts STREAM OF SAUCE!
Round 3: beebee king takes 40 damage.
You lose 33 hit points
Round 3: ferdawoon casts STREAM OF SAUCE!
Round 4: beebee king takes 27 damage.
You lose 34 hit points
 > SpamAttack: We are going to 1-shot with Salsaball.
Round 4: ferdawoon executes a macro!
Round 4: ferdawoon casts SALSABALL!
Round 5: beebee king takes 8 damage.
Round 5: ferdawoon wins the fight!
You acquire an item: handful of honey
You gain 6 Strengthliness
You gain 31 Wizardliness
You gain 6 Sarcasm

morgad

Fastest ever run

Yesterday I had my first ever 6 day run (AT/vole), and with my lowest ever turncount, but I cannot work our why :)

http://www.koldb.com/ascension.php?who=1071040&num=47

I "wasted" a pile of turns doing the Nemesis quest in-run, as well as getting a Steel liver.
I started the Nemesis quest to get the 1000 meat that BCA did not pick up when getting the Epic weapon, and then just kept going back to it :)
I would note that the maximizer tended to use my nemesis outfit quite a lot in the last couple of days of the run, and I got some real RNG luck on the tower, as I only had to backfarm an orchid

I am trying my current run (also AT/vole) without the nemesis/liver to see how it compares.

Thanks BCC :)

Dave

Is there a reason why each time the script faxes something it switches to the hound dog on me? I keep breaking out during the timer to pick a better familiar and then I manually fight the faxed monster.

Example:

Code:
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Putting     Pinky the Smiling Rat back into terrarium...
Taking Cry Baby the     Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
BCC:     Checking the ASCII, a is false and b is false
BCC:     Checking a Bad ASCII Art
BCC: We are going     to fax a Some Bad ASCII Art
BCC: Checking     existing fax first. Don't panic if this is the wrong monster - we won't     use the wrong monster.
Receiving a fax.
You acquire an item:     photocopied monster
You receive a photocopied lobsterfrogman from the     fax machine.
Sending a fax.
You load your photocopied lobsterfrogman     in the fax machine.
BCC:Making faxbot request for     ascii. (Waiting for 60 seconds.)
Countdown: 1 minute...
KoLmafia     declares world peace.

I can understand using a hound dog maybe on some faxed monsters, but KGE, ASCII Art, Adding Machine, and Lobsterfrogmen all have no reasons to use item drops on them and they're the main targets I've noticed the script calling for. A stat gain familiar would be a nicer choice, or a spleen drop familiar (if it won't kill the Adding Machine on you).

I have no idea too why the script is using a smiling rat instead of my bandersnatch, especially when the bandersnatch is set as my default familiar on that account.

bumcheekcity

Yeah. It does it wrong. The script will only fax KGE, ASCII, Adding Machine (then abort, admittedly) and LFM.

0.31 will equip the obtuse angel, or your default familiar if you don't have one. You don't need items, but it's better than nothing and it's needed for the LFM of course.

bumcheekcity

Yesterday I had my first ever 6 day run (AT/vole), and with my lowest ever turncount, but I cannot work our why :)

http://www.koldb.com/ascension.php?who=1071040&num=47

I "wasted" a pile of turns doing the Nemesis quest in-run, as well as getting a Steel liver.
I started the Nemesis quest to get the 1000 meat that BCA did not pick up when getting the Epic weapon, and then just kept going back to it :)
I would note that the maximizer tended to use my nemesis outfit quite a lot in the last couple of days of the run, and I got some real RNG luck on the tower, as I only had to backfarm an orchid

I am trying my current run (also AT/vole) without the nemesis/liver to see how it compares.

Thanks BCC :)

Dave

To clarify, was that run manual, partially scripted or pretty much all scripted? I guess a lot manual, because the script doesn't do the nemesis.

Version 0.31 will be out as soon as mafia adds some basic support for the new DD changes (probably just adding it as a coinmaster, to be honest).

Ferdawoon

Also, for me, the lvl13 quest in Beecore is a bit miffed.

It Check that I have not done Lair2 and then that I have not done Lair1. The problem is, in Lair1, it dont make the Honeypot.. That seem to be in Lair2!

Code:
Level 13 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair1].
You acquire an effect: Beaten Up (duration: 3 Adventures)
BCC: The number of gates for which we have items is 0
We do not have all the items for the gates. This script cannot yet get them.

I used Mafia's Lucky entryway feature and zapped a key on my own. When past this part I run the script again, and get this where it make the honeypot.

Code:
Level 13 Starting
BCC: We have not completed the stage [lair2].
Verifying ingredients for honeypot (1)...
You acquire an item: honeypot
Successfully created honeypot (1)

Ferdawoon

Also, if aborting with one Hedge Maze already in inv, the script might be getting stuck in some kind of loop where it say that it already have the goals met, but still adventure there until it get 1 hedge maze. I have 4 hedge mazes in my inv atm and it kept adventuring until I aborted. Restarting the script again, it keep going to get hedge mazes.

Code:
Level 13 Starting
BCC: We     have not completed the stage [lair2].
BCC:     Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
112 combinations checked, best     score 1708.25
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited     hound dog' where x=1
Resetting mind control device...
Mind     control device reset.
BCC: Getting another Hedge     Maze

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When     I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on     Glittering Eyelashes, use 5 glittery mascara
Mood swing complete.
Mood     swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition already met:     hedge maze puzzle

BCC: Setting goals of '1 hedge     maze puzzle'...
BCC: We should set the MCD     if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting     mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

Calling     Universal Recovery for type=HP, amount=0
Calling     Universal Recovery for type=MP, amount=0

Request 1 of 106     (Sorceress: Sorceress' Hedge Maze) in progress...

[1264] Sorceress'     Hedge Maze
Encounter: topiary golem

morgad

To clarify, was that run manual, partially scripted or pretty much all scripted? I guess a lot manual, because the script doesn't do the nemesis.

Version 0.31 will be out as soon as mafia adds some basic support for the new DD changes (probably just adding it as a coinmaster, to be honest).

Mostly scripted apart from the nemesis, which was mix of manual and nemesis.ash. Hope to finish the comparison run on Sunday.

It was 'easy 6 day' (5 day + 90 turns), logs available if you want them, But the only thing I am currentlty considering adding as a SF feature request is the 'open nemesis quest' bit to get the 1000 meat.

best regards
Dave

bumcheekcity

Feel free to add feature requests. I'm highly skilled at ignoring ones I don't want to do :p

Though I'm happy to add the nemesis one :D

NardoLoopa

a +nemesis option would be nice. Right now the script consistently does 4day + 20 turn runs (making it 5-day runs). Adding the nemesis would ensure that 5day + Nem is can be finished easily.

Using an Obtuse Angel for Lobsters would be a nice addition. As well as earlier use of Leash and Phat loot.

Also, I'd like to report a 5-day HCBee where I used the script up to the castle and then did the rest manually. Not bad.

I got this repeating today:

Code:
[580] Daily Dungeon (Room 6)
Encounter: Treasure!

[580] Daily Dungeon (Room 6)
Encounter: Treasure!

I broke out and manually tried the adventure, and it said I was too beaten up to screw around in a dungeon. I noticed that the elemental tests beat me up...however I have Astral Shell permed and I thought it used that yesterday to go through the dungeons. Can you check that part and see if it is using Astral Shell for the dungeons? I had plenty of MP to cast the buff. Also I have Tongue of the Walrus and a hot tub available, so the script could have removed beaten up before trying to continue.

I use Bale's Universal Recovery but I've never seen it fire after a non-combat...otherwise it would have patched me up.