bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

What about an option to add "when I get beaten up, cast tongue of the walrus" to the mood for bumcheekascend? Would that work? If so, I'd like to request that as a relay option. :)

Found another odd issue:

Code:
Request 1 of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[653] Palindome
Encounter:     Sun at Noon, Tan Us
You gain 123 Sarcasm

Request 2 of 34     (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[654] Palindome
Encounter:     Flock of Stab-bats
Strategy:     C:\Users\bhanes\kolmafia\ccs\SmartStasis.ccs [default]
Round 0:     chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: Items-MP is just skin and bones.     Well, slime and slime, technically, but still -- you should feed him!
BCC:     We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so     I'm attacking.
2/8 monsters drop goals here.
Round 1:     chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round 1: chef_rannos tries to steal an     item!
You acquire an item: batgut
Your slimeling     needs sating.
BCC: We are trying to use the     HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
BCC:     We are trying to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so     I'm attacking.
Round 2: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 3: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
You lose 9 hit     points
BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder,     but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round 5:     chef_rannos attacks!
BCC: We are trying to use the     HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round     6: chef_rannos attacks!
You lose 4 hit points
Round 7: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 8: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 9:     chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 160 Meat
After Battle: Items-MP     hops around, dancing a jig accompanied by wet squelching noises.
You     gain 12 Beefiness
You gain 8 Mysteriousness
You gain 25 Chutzpah

Request     3 of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...
Checking     counters now.

Visit to Manor2: Haunted Ballroom in     progress...

[655] Haunted Ballroom
Encounter: Rotting Matilda
You     gain 299 Chutzpah
You gain some Moxie points!

Conditions     not satisfied after 1 adventure.

[656] Palindome
Encounter:     Rod Nevada, Vendor
You acquire an item: hard rock candy

Request     4 of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[657] Palindome
Encounter:     Last Egg Gets Al
You acquire an item: hard-boiled ostrich egg

Request     5 of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[658] Palindome
Encounter:     Flee to me, remote elf!
You acquire an item: Elf Farm Raffle ticket

Request     6 of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[659] Palindome
Encounter:     Tan Gnat
Strategy: C:\Users\bhanes\kolmafia\ccs\SmartStasis.ccs     [default]
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: Items-MP is     looking a little thin.
BCC: We are trying to use     the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
2/8     monsters drop goals here.
Round 1: chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round     1: chef_rannos tries to steal an item!
You acquire an item: filet of     tangy gnat ("fotelif")
Your slimeling     needs sating.
You lose 12 hit     points
BCC: We are trying to use the HeBoulder,     but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round 4:     chef_rannos attacks!
Round     5: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 6: chef_rannos wins the fight!
You     gain 22 Meat
After Battle: Items-MP hops around, dancing a jig     accompanied by wet squelching noises.
You acquire an item: suntan     lotion of moxiousness
You acquire an item: gnatwing
You gain 14     Strongness
You gain 7 Magicalness
You gain 18 Cheek

Request 7     of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[660] Palindome
Encounter:     Sun at Noon, Tan Us
You gain 128 Chutzpah

Purchasing hair spray     (5 @ 24)...
You acquire hair spray (5)
You spent 120 Meat
Purchases     complete.
Using 5 hair spray...
You acquire an effect: Butt-Rock     Hair (duration: 15 Adventures)
Finished using 5 hair spray.

Request     8 of 34 (Plains: Palindome) in progress...

[661] Palindome
Encounter:     Taco Cat
Strategy: C:\Users\bhanes\kolmafia\ccs\SmartStasis.ccs     [default]
Round 0: chef_rannos wins initiative!
Round 1: Items-MP is     just skin and bones. Well, slime and slime, technically, but still -- you     should feed him!
2/8     monsters drop goals here.
Round 1: chef_rannos executes a macro!
Round     1: chef_rannos tries to steal an item!
Your     slimeling needs sating.
BCC: We are trying     to use the HeBoulder, but this is not the right monster, so I'm attacking.
Round 4: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 5: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 6: chef_rannos attacks!
Round 7:     chef_rannos wins the fight!
You gain 98 Meat
After Battle: Items-MP     hops around, dancing a jig accompanied by wet squelching noises.
You     acquire an item: cat appendix
You gain 8 Beefiness
You gain 17     Enchantedness
You gain 15 Sarcasm

It looks like the script wants to yellow ray something in the Palindome, but it's got my slimeling out. :O

I stopped the script and started it back up, and it switched to the He-Boulder...but I don't see where it tried to switch to the He-Boulder before going to the Palindome...it was using the slimeling getting dance cards just before that.

Ferdawoon

What about an option to add "when I get beaten up, cast tongue of the walrus" to the mood for bumcheekascend? Would that work? If so, I'd like to request that as a relay option. :)

Is that not part of the HP / MP management tab in Mafia? Also the setting when to heal is reset upon ascension so check that it s not set to Do Not restore HP.

Last edited:
Is that not part of the HP / MP management tab in Mafia? Also the setting when to heal is reset upon ascension so check that it s not set to Do Not restore HP.

Ultimate Recovery kicks in after combats, but after non-combat adventures mafia doesn't do a recovery, at least from what I've seen. However, if you add "remove beaten up" to your mood, it will remove that after non-combats since it checks your mood after each adventure.

Ferdawoon

Ehhm, updates every day now, eh? :D
Code:
> call scripts\bumcheekascend v0.31.ash

There is a new version available - go download the next version of bumcheekascend.ash at the sourceforge page, linked from http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?t=4963!

0.31 released.

Ruh roh:

Unrecognized keyword: melee frat warrior
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

Code:
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'nuns'
BCC:     doSideQuest(Nuns)
Checking for familiar     'Hobo Monkey' where x=1
Putting great_teacher_onizuka the     Mini-Hipster back into terrarium...
Taking Fragnkegnberry the Hobo     Monkey out of terrarium...
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair     spray
When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's     Phat Loot Lyric
When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of     Linguini
When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When     I run low on Polka of Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
When I run low     on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on     Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Empathy, cast 1     Empathy of the Newt
When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast     1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast     1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of     the Mariachi
When I run low on Polka of Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of     Plenty
When I run low on The Moxious Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious     Madrigal
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I     run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
When I run low on Fat     Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
When I run     low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low on     Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on Polka of     Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
When I run low on The Moxious     Madrigal, cast 1 The Moxious Madrigal
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair,     use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
When     I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
When     I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low     on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on Polka     of Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
When I run low on Wasabi Sinuses,     use 1 Knob Goblin nasal spray
When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5     hair spray
When I run low on Empathy, cast 1 Empathy of the Newt
When     I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
When     I run low on Heavy Petting, use 1 Knob Goblin pet-buffing spray
When I     run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
When I run low     on Mariachi Mood, cast 1 Moxie of the Mariachi
When I run low on Polka     of Plenty, cast 1 The Polka of Plenty
When I run low on Wasabi Sinuses,     use 1 Knob Goblin nasal spray
BCC: Maximizing 'nuns'
Maximizing...
480     combinations checked, best score 209.0
Wielding Drowsy Sword...
Equipment     changed.
Unrecognized keyword: melee frat warrior
Unable     to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier     Maximizer for further suggestions.

I just happened to be running an account with the script that was going to be at the nuns, so I tried 0.31 on it.

Pulling up the maximizer shows: " mainstat -10 ml -tie +outfit -melee frat warrior " so the -melee needs to move before +outfit or at the end. ;)

bumcheekcity

For the millionth time, if it's not on the sourceforge, it's not getting fixed.

Although there'll be 0.32 come out VERY quickly with kung-fu-hustler support, I can imagine.

blah35

sorry for my very limited scripting knowledge but how do i make it so the script runs all my normal buffs from the start? It won't let me add them to bumcheekascend mood

Winterbay

sorry for my very limited scripting knowledge but how do i make it so the script runs all my normal buffs from the start? It won't let me add them to bumcheekascend mood

You have to edit the script, but bare in mind that if you run out of meat the script will abort so adding more buffs may (or rather will most likely) lead to less automation than could otherwise be achieved.

bumcheekcity

Right, so support for the new challenge path will be added. What's it going to need? Moxie only, for obvious reasons. Highly recommending astral shirt and kung fu hustler.

How should meat be managed? The script is bad enough for low-skilled meat management. No treasury or bedroom to speak of. The four skills, particularly stinkpalm, may be helpful in attacking while not needing MP and hence meat. Otherwise it may require quite substantial rewrites. I may have willMood() return false in these runs always.

Edit: Apparantly unarmed always uses muscle to calculate hit chance. That may be problematic given that it's moxie only.

Last edited:

Winterbay

I would guess that a Muscle class with that DB Trader skill might actually be doable, bit it definitely won't be as easy to script as normally.

Theraze

Can... just takes massively overburning turns on ballroom and gallery both. It's not going to be pretty or fast though.

spell sling baby!

seriously, i did some kung fu runs when I got the skill... moxie classes will probably need to delevel until they can_hit(). Muscle classes and safe moxie... ewww.

a fully functional bat-brain enhanced combat filter using the new skills, including going to the different zones to learn the skills.. FTW.. and sounding like a TON of work for a 3 mon. challenge.

eta: This might not be that bad. The Fisting Skills you pick up along the way are being reported as pretty nifty. You need to get 5 of them to be able to mine the ore. Sadly, none of them are in places any sane person would spend 12 turns.

Last edited:

JoK[e]

Right, so support for the new challenge path will be added. What's it going to need?

My experience, after 1 day of play, suggests that prioritizing getting the new 0-MP skills, and using them exclusively, makes the run a breeze. Well, at least with my over-skilled, kung-fu permed main. Testing the same on my virtually-0-skill multi now.

natnit

Muscle class with no shield and virtually nil meat drops? Pretty much can't be scripted, as far as I'm thinking.

I've heard rumorings that one of the path rewards is a permable skill that treats your fists as sword and shield (no citation). If this ends up working with Hero, subsequent challenge runs might be scriptable.

doihaveto

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the script will not automatically remove beaten up for you.

EDIT: That is, if the only option is to rest at the campground.

Last edited:

Winterbay

That's not the script, it's either your recovery script or Mafia and I think it's by design but I'm not sure on that (do not spend more adventures than needed to heal up).