bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Yeah, the BCA familiar switcher is just a straight list of "use these guys in this order" rather than something like the zlib best_fam where it will actually compare weights. You can see the current list of 'meat' familiars (which is only used for the nuns) at http://kolmafia.co.uk/bcs_fam_meat.txt.

If you want to use your bitten for everything, including the nuns, set it as your 100% familiar. Else expect that the BCA familiar checker will pick other options quite often. Also, if you have a request be added to the list, such as for example the bitten which isn't on the list at all currently, you could always request that.

But don't expect the BCA checker to actually understand that familiars have weight and that it matters. :) It always compares like to like, which means that if the hebo is better at even weight, it would still pull out a 1 pound hebo over your 20 pound bitten.

Razorsoup

Yeah, the BCA familiar switcher is just a straight list of "use these guys in this order" rather than something like the zlib best_fam where it will actually compare weights. You can see the current list of 'meat' familiars (which is only used for the nuns) at http://kolmafia.co.uk/bcs_fam_meat.txt.

Why doesn't BCA use something like zlib's best_fam function? Are the choices it is making more complex than can be handled with that function or was it a design choice to do it the way it is?

Also, if you have a request be added to the list, such as for example the bitten which isn't on the list at all currently, you could always request that.

Could we get the Grimstone Golem and Angry Jung Man added to the item familiars list?

Theraze

Why doesn't BCA use something like zlib's best_fam function? Are the choices it is making more complex than can be handled with that function or was it a design choice to do it the way it is?
We don't use best_fam because we don't use any part of zlib in BCA. We don't rip off zlib's best_fam because that's kinda lousy to do. Also, inevitably the function will change and then the BCA version will be broken. And we don't use the map manager version of any of the maps, BCA has its own site which it loads stuff from, so even if we did try to copy it, we'd need to keep up another map for no really good reason.

But that means you either pick your fav familiar manually by setting it to be your 100% familiar, or work based on the fairly simple "this is always the best" BCA familiar selection.

Mr_Crac

I had problems today with Temporary Amnesia. The script would not remove this by itself, but still tried to cast Smooth Movements and then of course failed. I believe this is the same issue that was reported here. Apparently this has not been fixed yet?

Last edited:

Theraze

It's unlikely ever to get fixed, since the 'fix' is for you to decide that you want to automatically remove temporary amnesia and add a recovery script that will remove it. Adventuring without required buffs is a great way to either waste a BUNCH of turns or get someone beaten up.

Winterbay

It's unlikely ever to get fixed, since the '
to decide that you want to automatically remove temporary amnesia and add a recovery script that will remove it. Adventuring without required buffs is a great way to either waste a BUNCH of turns or get someone beaten up.

I guess we could abort if we detect it has not been removed after one adventure with it but I guess that will still make moods fail.

Theraze

Already aborts for me when healing casts fail. If you aren't using UR and you don't have a good reason or your own custom recovery script that makes it irrelevant to you, you're probably someone who doesn't trust automation. In that case, you probably shouldn't really be using an automated adventuring script, since you don't want to use a healing optimization script.

This is still an issue? :(

Code:
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair0].
BCC: You need tower items that the script won't automatically get. Go get them yourself.

> create 1 NG

Verifying ingredients for NG (1)...
Creating NG (1)...
You acquire an item: NG
Successfully created NG (1)

Theraze

Especially since it's auto-gotten the shore items for me over ten times in the past week or two, and that code hasn't been touched.

Winterbay

From today's run of the script:
Code:
[COLOR=green]Level 13 Starting[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]BCC: We      have not completed the stage [lair0].[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]BCC: We      have not completed the stage [lair0].[/COLOR]
[COLOR=purple]BCC:      Please get barbed-wire fence for telescope part 7 from 'Moxie Vacation'      yourself[/COLOR]
[COLOR=navy]BCC: We have completed the stage      [lair0] and need to set it as so.[/COLOR]
bcasc_stage_lair0 => 204
[COLOR=navy]BCC:      We have completed the stage [lair0].[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]BCC: You      need tower items that the script won't automatically get. Go get them      yourself.
[/COLOR]

No idea why that isn't working if it is for you...

Mr_Crac

It's unlikely ever to get fixed, since the 'fix' is for you to decide that you want to automatically remove temporary amnesia and add a recovery script that will remove it. Adventuring without required buffs is a great way to either waste a BUNCH of turns or get someone beaten up.
Already aborts for me when healing casts fail. If you aren't using UR and you don't have a good reason or your own custom recovery script that makes it irrelevant to you, you're probably someone who doesn't trust automation. In that case, you probably shouldn't really be using an automated adventuring script, since you don't want to use a healing optimization script.

I am using Universal Recovery! So this failure can apparently still happen even if you do have an automatic healing script.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
UR doesn't cure Temporary Amnesia since it requires a SGEEA and those may be limited. (If your HP is low and you have Hot Tub access it will use the Hot Tub to cure it, but that is special.) All UR does is to print out a message in red explaining your problem.

Mr_Crac

UR doesn't cure Temporary Amnesia since it requires a SGEEA and those may be limited. (If your HP is low and you have Hot Tub access it will use the Hot Tub to cure it, but that is special.) All UR does is to print out a message in red explaining your problem.

That's what I thought. So I guess it is on BCA to deal with this situation. I think that for Moxie and Muscle classes, the script could just continue adventuring until the Temporary Amnesia effect wears off, simply by plinking or by bashing the monsters with your weapon. BCA could just ignore any errors from trying to cast spells and could continue nevertheless. Or better yet, it could stop trying to cast spells as long as Temporary Amnesia is active. Because that would make a fucking lot of sense. :)

For Myst classes though, it would be more of a problem to find a good solution.

Or what the heck, just let it go to the tub as long as that is still available for the day. Stupid Temporary Amnesia. :(

Last edited:

Theraze

What you're talking about is an adventuring script taking the place of your between battle, after adventure, or recovery script. Any of those could abort or visit the hot tub for you if you like.

Someone else might have this adventuring script do additional non-adventuring-related things. Personally I prefer to have my between battle stuff done through between battle scripts. YMMV.

All UR does is to print out a message in red explaining your problem.
After that, I think it tries to cast Shake It Off or something else for a full heal and aborts. Works for me.

Winterbay, the difference is that you're getting it on the telescope discovery and I'm getting it on the tower-failed discovery. Telescope adventuring will only work for simple "adventure here until you get this" items. Tower-failed discovery is more complex. If we just enabled the telescope adventuring for vacations, it would keep adventuring at the shore forever until you eventually bought your goal-item scrip crate - whether that would be done through mafia directly or require an AA or BB script.

Canopic jar and a few others do the same thing. Not sure if there's a great way to fix that since it's really NOT just a simple adventuring until done like it used to be.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
[1523] Unknown Adventure #106
Encounter:
BCC: We have 22 clovers and are using one to level.
Using 1 disassembled clover...
You acquire an item: ten-leaf clover
Finished using 1 disassembled clover.

Repeated over and over until the clover count is decremented to zero. BCC is presuming to level a HCO Seal Clubber with clovers but the unknown adventure means no success. Ideas where to track this down? BBS? My clover settings? Did something change that BCCA needs to account for?

Thanks.

Winterbay

Is the zone it's trying to go to open? I think ladt time I had a similar error it was because it thought it has enough stench res for the bata but in fact hadn't.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Is the zone it's trying to go to open? I think ladt time I had a similar error it was because it thought it has enough stench res for the bata but in fact hadn't.

Dunno. Where is #106 and I'll check. I was kind of hoping that the script would be smart enough not to try and level in an area that was not open.

Speaking of which it also tried to adventure in the lair when the character was level 12 and so could not get there.