bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

1) Are you using newLife? That's a 'feature' of newLife if you don't have a 100% familiar set.
2) Nope, it actually unlocks the gallery FIRST if you're a muscle class or in a bugbear run. Any chance you're using BBB or something else that might be messing up the script's attempts to unlock the gallery? Nothing we can do about you using other scripts that are conflicting.
3) Doesn't happen for me. It's always unlocked the peak. Do you have any logs or anything showing it aborting?

Regarding number 2.
Code:
boolean bcascManorLibrary() {
	if (checkStage("manorlibrary")) return true;
	set_property("choiceAdventure80", "99"); //(Rise) - this always needs to be set. It's Fall that has the conservatory adventure.
	set_property("choiceAdventure87", "2");  //(Read Fall) - May as well always set this to read Chapter 2.

if (my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] || my_path() == "Bugbear Invasion") {
		//If you're a muscle class, then you'll need to open the conservatory. It's an auto-stop.
		while (get_property("lastGalleryUnlock") != my_ascensions()) {
			set_property("choiceAdventure81", "1"); //(Fall) Get the Gallery adventure.
			bumAdv($location[The Haunted Library], "", "", "1 choiceadv", "Unlocking the Gallery Adventure thingymajig", "-");
		}
		while (contains_text(visit_url("place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1"), "place=gallery")) {
			bumAdv($location[The Haunted Conservatory], "", "", "1 Spookyraven Gallery Key", "Getting the Gallery Key", "-");
		}
	}

//Open up the second floor of the manor. 
	set_property("choiceAdventure81", "99"); //(Fall)
	while (index_of(visit_url("place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1"), "sr1_stairs3") < 0) {
		bumAdv($location[The Haunted Library], "", "", "1 choiceadv", "Opening Second floor of the Manor", "-");
	}
Clearly showing that it's unlocking the gallery fully, including the conservatory adventuring, before it moves on to unlocking the second floor.

Bale

Minion
1) Are you using newLife? That's a 'feature' of newLife if you don't have a 100% familiar set.

You put quotes around feature, implying dubious usefulness. Is it not a feature? I only added it because of the request of users of bumcheekascend and am quite willing to simply remove it if I was misinformed about its general usefulness. My desire for having that feature in newLife is zero.

Theraze

I classify anything (generally added for other people) that I work around with a separate wrapper script as a 'feature' to me, since I work around it and don't want it. :D Personally, I disable the familiar wiping, the recovery wiping, and a few other random bits. But that's me and my 'feature' set.

Does that mean that none of my scripts have 'features' which I personally avoid? Nope. :)
Does that mean that this specific item isn't useful for anyone else? Nope, since someone asked for it. That's why you added it.

But I work around it with my postAscension wrapper script, just like I work around a few little niggles that bug me in BBB with additional imported scripts. :) When people blame BCA for their familiar getting wiped, they obviously aren't expecting that behaviour as well. I'll check if the things I work around might be things that they don't know they need to avoid as well.

Bale

Minion
It sounds like I was misled about the general usefulness of wiping bcasc_defaultFamiliar if is_100_run is false. Perhaps I should remove that and only let it wipe bcasc_100familiar. Does that sound like a good idea?

Since I don't actually use this script it is up to this script's users to provide that information to me if they want it supported by newLife. Proposed change:

Code:
	if(get_property("bcasc_lastCouncilVisit") != "") {
		// Check for the zlib variable "is_100_run"
		familiar f100 = vars["is_100_run"].to_familiar();
		if(f100 == $familiar[none]) {
			set_property("bcasc_100familiar", ""); 
		} else {
			set_property("bcasc_100familiar", f100); 
			set_property("bcasc_defaultFamiliar", f100); 
			return f100;
		}
	}

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
To continue the veer, I'm confused. I use NewLife and BCCAscend and don't have any tweaks or wrappers. If I set the bcc 100 value then by the time I start adventuring the right familiar is in place. If I don't then something is filling the slot and it is usually with a volleyball. Is the blank familiar something that exists untill BCC runs the first time or is the problem described something that I have not observed previously?

Since I may have been involved in the previous FR, what I would really like would be that the variable is100Run to be observed by mafia and every script in the universe of scripts that I use. Furthermore I would like my post-ascension script to make it obvious whether that is sen or not. Since BCCA has its own similar value I would agree to the proposed modification to NewLife. However, to work smoothly, the user would have to set the value for the next Ascension before completing the current one or else run NewLife again after changing teh value.

2) Nope, it actually unlocks the gallery FIRST if you're a muscle class or in a bugbear run. Any chance you're using BBB or something else that might be messing up the script's attempts to unlock the gallery? Nothing we can do about you using other scripts that are conflicting.
3) Doesn't happen for me. It's always unlocked the peak. Do you have any logs or anything showing it aborting?

Regarding number 2.
Code:
boolean bcascManorLibrary() {
	if (checkStage("manorlibrary")) return true;
	set_property("choiceAdventure80", "99"); //(Rise) - this always needs to be set. It's Fall that has the conservatory adventure.
	set_property("choiceAdventure87", "2");  //(Read Fall) - May as well always set this to read Chapter 2.

if (my_primestat() == $stat[Muscle] || my_path() == "Bugbear Invasion") {
		//If you're a muscle class, then you'll need to open the conservatory. It's an auto-stop.
		while (get_property("lastGalleryUnlock") != my_ascensions()) {
			set_property("choiceAdventure81", "1"); //(Fall) Get the Gallery adventure.
			bumAdv($location[The Haunted Library], "", "", "1 choiceadv", "Unlocking the Gallery Adventure thingymajig", "-");
		}
		while (contains_text(visit_url("place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1"), "place=gallery")) {
			bumAdv($location[The Haunted Conservatory], "", "", "1 Spookyraven Gallery Key", "Getting the Gallery Key", "-");
		}
	}

//Open up the second floor of the manor. 
	set_property("choiceAdventure81", "99"); //(Fall)
	while (index_of(visit_url("place.php?whichplace=spookyraven1"), "sr1_stairs3") < 0) {
		bumAdv($location[The Haunted Library], "", "", "1 choiceadv", "Opening Second floor of the Manor", "-");
	}
Clearly showing that it's unlocking the gallery fully, including the conservatory adventuring, before it moves on to unlocking the second floor.

1. Since I now know how the mechanic works with NewLife and BCCA I will add something in the 100% familiar slot.
2. I am not using another script except WHAM and Newlife, when it happened I was in a Turtle Tamer ascension, this run is a Accordian Thief so I don't expect the Gallery to be opened.
3. I do not have a log but if it does occur during this ascension I will post that log

Theraze

Since we've veered, here is what I include to restore my settings.
Code:
	string famone = get_property("bcasc_100familiar");
	string famtwo = get_property("bcasc_defaultFamiliar");
	new_ascension();

if(vars["is_100_run"].to_familiar() == $familiar[none]) {
		set_property("bcasc_100familiar", famone);
		set_property("bcasc_defaultFamiliar", famtwo); 
		if (famone.to_familiar() != $familiar[none] && !my_path().contains_text("Avatar"))
			use_familiar(famone.to_familiar());
		else if (famtwo.to_familiar() != $familiar[none] && !my_path().contains_text("Avatar"))
			use_familiar(famtwo.to_familiar());
	}
Basically, if I have something set, keep it. I love that newLife will set my 100% familiar if I'm doing a 100% run inside and outside BCA rather than equipping a volleyball. If I only want to run the 100% in-run though so that my NZPR doesn't keep trying to equip underwater, I don't want newLife to wipe the 100% or default settings - I like the ability to set my BCA preferences and leave them untouched. Obviously some people who are actively running different 100% runs liked newLife wiping those settings though, so I work around it with the code above.

Bale

Minion
1. Whenever I start a new ascension it blanks out the field for the default familiar in the settings and I have to put it back.

This has been "fixed" so that it won't happen.

I looked over the original request for newLife to do that HERE and decided that it might have simply been badly worded, although the subsequent discussion did not correct my misconception. I changed newLife as proposed above.

Ok I got the peak, it equipped the extreme weather gear and did try to get the extreme levels to open the peak. Here is what is in the log: The encounter line continues indefinitely till you kill it

> BCC: Maximizing '+outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear'

maximize 0 beeosity, mainstat 124 max, -melee -10 ml +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear

equip weapon rubber band gun

equip off-hand hors d'oeuvre tray
> BCC: Finding and fighting Groar!
> BCC: Setting goals of 'Groar's fur'...
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 2

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak
Encounter: Mt. McLargeHuge

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

Winterbay

Ok I got the peak, it equipped the extreme weather gear and did try to get the extreme levels to open the peak. Here is what is in the log: The encounter line continues indefinitely till you kill it

> BCC: Maximizing '+outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear'

maximize 0 beeosity, mainstat 124 max, -melee -10 ml +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, .5 hp, +outfit eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear

equip weapon rubber band gun

equip off-hand hors d'oeuvre tray
> BCC: Finding and fighting Groar!
> BCC: Setting goals of 'Groar's fur'...
> BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
> BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
mcd 2

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

[454] Mist-Shrouded Peak

I take it you are in Sneaky Pete? I cannot get that to work. It worka just fine the other route though which is annoying as heck.

Theraze

Any chance you let mafia idle out and then it reconnected you but you haven't refreshed a relay page since you first idled out? There's currently an odd bit where if you idle out of mafia and reconnect, any adventure that has processing won't work until you refresh a relay browser window, sometimes multiple times if the first time you load it gives you cached information.

Any chance you let mafia idle out and then it reconnected you but you haven't refreshed a relay page since you first idled out? There's currently an odd bit where if you idle out of mafia and reconnect, any adventure that has processing won't work until you refresh a relay browser window, sometimes multiple times if the first time you load it gives you cached information.

Nope I didn't idle out. I didn't get any reconnect messages and did have a relay window open

Theraze

Any chance your get_property("peteMotorbikeTires") returns Snow Tires even though you aren't currently in an AoSP run?

Because this is what runs JUST before it sets things along:
Code:
			if (is_not_yet(get_property("questL08Trapper"), "step3") && get_property("peteMotorbikeTires") != "Snow Tires") {
				while (get_property("lastEncounter") != "3 eXXXtreme 4ever 6pack") {
					bumMiniAdv(1, $location[The eXtreme Slope]);
				}
				trapper = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge&action=trappercabin");
				//Adventure once at the Icy Peak to move the quest forward				
				trapper = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge&action=cloudypeak");
			}
So if it hasn't set the quest yet, and you don't have Snow Tires, adventure at the eXtreme Slope until you get EXACTLY that encounter and don't stop until then. If mafia believes you have Snow Tires for some reason, BCA won't be able to easily disbelieve what information it's given...

Any chance your get_property("peteMotorbikeTires") returns Snow Tires even though you aren't currently in an AoSP run?

Because this is what runs JUST before it sets things along:
Code:
			if (is_not_yet(get_property("questL08Trapper"), "step3") && get_property("peteMotorbikeTires") != "Snow Tires") {
				while (get_property("lastEncounter") != "3 eXXXtreme 4ever 6pack") {
					bumMiniAdv(1, $location[The eXtreme Slope]);
				}
				trapper = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge&action=trappercabin");
				//Adventure once at the Icy Peak to move the quest forward				
				trapper = visit_url("place.php?whichplace=mclargehuge&action=cloudypeak");
			}
So if it hasn't set the quest yet, and you don't have Snow Tires, adventure at the eXtreme Slope until you get EXACTLY that encounter and don't stop until then. If mafia believes you have Snow Tires for some reason, BCA won't be able to easily disbelieve what information it's given...

No idea how would I check. I put the get property in the CLI and it returned unable to invoke

Bale

Minion
I have no idea why that should be a problem. You can always throw in a check for my_path() == "Avatar of Sneaky Pete"