bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Bale

Minion
There will be a risk of doing that for all times where it tries to equip an outfit as well. In all other circumstances it should always equip the jacket.

Or you could just add -shirt if the character is currently Sneaky Pete and wearing Sneaky Pete's jacket.

Winterbay

Hmm... Well, I guess forcing an equip and then always remove it from consideration is probably a better idea yes. I'll have to look at that.

r447 stops it from doing that. Anything else that is stupid in AoSP as you've found?

just a few small things, mainly disabling certain quest steps that I saw unnecessary (Island Unlock, since I can skip all that with the bike; Knob Password, I believe this is just to have access to those buffs, and I see no need for them in this run; Trapper's Quest: I just wait for the other quests of that level to finish and manually acquire the outfit and beat the boss, since that is all there is to do with the proper bike upgrade; and finally Getting the Digital Key, I have that disabled so I can spend turns there whenever the script needs to start leveling me up, instead of wasting precious first day adventures in something that is not really important that early on)

I also do the same when unlocking the hidden temple, start doing those instead of leveling when the script tries to do so. It would be nice to be able to mark some steps like those as "optional" so that BCA only starts doing them when it doesn't have anything else to do (and would be leveling up to get to the next level)

BTW since the script was not updated the last times I went through the palindome, I had to manually get the disposable camera from the bedroom when the script started running that step, but for what I see you guys rolled out an update, does the script get the camera automatically now?

Winterbay

No, the palindrome is still a mess of horribleness and should probably be made manually for now. I'll get to it by and by.

Edit: By the way: The latest version should not try and get the dinghy if you have the correct update for the Bike.

Edit: By the way: The latest version should not try and get the dinghy if you have the correct update for the Bike.

Good to know, although I will keep skipping that part. With throw party I don't need the hippy disguise to get fruits for my cocktails, and even with SP's ridiculously high item drop getting it before the area switches to 100% noncombats (level 9?) is a waste of turns without any sort of yellow ray capabilities.

Winterbay

Good to know, although I will keep skipping that part. With throw party I don't need the hippy disguise to get fruits for my cocktails, and even with SP's ridiculously high item drop getting it before the area switches to 100% noncombats (level 9?) is a waste of turns without any sort of yellow ray capabilities.

That is probably true. Good thing I keep my pumpkin patch around then :)

That is probably true. Good thing I keep my pumpkin patch around then :)

Yeah sadly back when the pumpkin patch came along I was taking a break from the game, frozen garden is my first ever garden item.

Not bad although i haven't had time to look really into it, nowadays I only use it to make 3 snow boards and use the rest for food and booze

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Trapper's Quest: I just wait for the other quests of that level to finish and manually acquire the outfit and beat the boss, since that is all there is to do with the proper bike upgrade

Getting that outfit can't be the best source of cold resistance, right? Can of black paint and titanium assault umbrella are already 3 levels of resistance, Check Mirror would give the rest if you have that skill.

zesty

I haven't seen this mentioned, is there any chance that the script could use Pile of ashes for non-combat in AoSP? It is pretty much guaranteed through Incite Riot. I am going to try to manually add it in if not. Cheers. :-D

Winterbay

The problem I could see with doing that is that it's a limited resource and since BCA uses moods to trigger things like -combat or +combat we could have an issue if you run out of ashes before the need for them run out meaning that the script will abort.

digitrev

Isn't there a way to set up unconditional conditional moods? Like set an unconditional trigger in the mood with the command as
Code:
ashq if ((item_amount($item[pile of ashes]) > 1) && (have_effect($effect[Ashen]) == 0)) use pile of ashes;

I know that someone showed me a similar workaround when Soulsauce just came out and I wanted to use Soul Rotation as often as possible.

Winterbay

Yes, that could probably work. Also, I think I have the Palindome coded up. Will have to wait for Mafia to fix using of the I love me book though before committing.

Also, also: Does anyone know if you need the lab key in order to find Mr. Alarm? He can still be found in the laboratory (I did that my first run through the new content since I didn't go back to the container document to see that he was there already) so the question is if it is needed. Not that it's likely that you get to that point without it though since it drops from the knob king if you didn't get it before that.

Theraze

Nope, no lab key needed. Just use the I love to find Awkward, fix the photos to fight/lose, and use 2 love to find Alarm with 0 turns. Skip the lab entirely.

Winterbay

Good. Then I think that r449 should handle the Palindome quest now. I've tested it in parts once so please keep it under lookout, but it should be better than before at least :)

Edit: The script won't auto-use the camera even though it hunts for it. WHAM does autouse the camera though.

Theraze

There's still a stuck bit on the Palindome after my first fix. Since it kept trying to find the book after it was already acquired.

And Groar takes more than one turn to find if you don't have the right tires...

Winterbay

There's still a stuck bit on the Palindome after my first fix. Since it kept trying to find the book after it was already acquired.

And Groar takes more than one turn to find if you don't have the right tires...

I thought I told it to only run one turn if you had the tires. That was my intention at least. :)

Hmmm... going back to post #4313 in this thread and earlier i mentioned sometimes when i pull ore in softcore it still goes to the mine to get the mining gear. the next ascension it was fine. this time it's done it again. I pulled the ore, and i noticed during the script it was looking for the mining gear. i got the following:

BCC: Getting the Mining Outfit
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 miner's helmet, 1 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 1 miner's pants'...
Condition added: miner's helmet
Condition added: 7-Foot Dwarven mattock
Condition added: miner's pants
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.

then it goes and tries to get the uniform. So i exited the script and went to visit the Trapper. He's already saying i'll freeze in that gear, which means the script HAS gone to see him and given up the cheese and ore. Odd. So i kicked off the script again. Same result:

BCC: Getting the Mining Outfit
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 miner's helmet, 1 7-Foot Dwarven mattock, 1 miner's pants'...
Condition already met: miner's helmet
Condition added: 7-Foot Dwarven mattock
Condition already met: miner's pants
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.

Any thoughts?

Winterbay

To avoid it right now type the following in the CLI:
Code:
ash import bumcheekascend.ash; checkStage("mining", true);

I think I know how that could happen, or at least one way it could happen.

Theraze

I committed a fix that says to only do the single adventure if you have the snow tires. Since the area is only accessible until you beat Groar, it's fine to try for 100 adventures there... it stops as soon as you beat him.