bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Or just unlock the Ziggurat when we unlock the altars. But yeah. It remains for the same reason that the surgeonosity maximization doesn't prioritize elemental damage at all and leaves me unable to beat the spectre during AoSP.

dixmcdix

It's because we tell it to run an adventure fighting in the Ziggurat, and if it works the way it's supposed to, mafia doesn't actually use an adventure until you fight the Spectre - the skipped lianas are free.

That makes sense to me. Like I said, not really a big deal, just thought I'd make a comment here in case I was 'doin it rong' :)

Theraze

Not doing it wrong - we just need to remember on some day when we're around there to fix the hospital maximization string to include elemental damage, post-hospital maximization for bowling to strip the surgeonosity and get the elemental back, and slightly rearrange the unlocking to happen at the same time as the other 4 unlocks. But worst case it should only be a few wasted turns... which does still bug me. But eh, not claiming optimal, just that it might eventually finish. :D

Quick q on how the script makes checks. If I'm running softcore and using the script, in the past I'd pull the 3 ores i need and i 'think' it used to skip the whole mining part (as you'd want it to if you had the ore already). now i've noticed the script farms the gear, and after that puts it on and checks for the ore and moves on. it doesn't check for ore until the mining gear is being warn. is there an easy way for me to avoid the excess turns of farming for the gear? i know this script isn't really about SC runs but figured i'd throw it out there anyway.

Theraze

Code:
	while (i_a(get_property("trapperOre")) < 3 && !checkStage("mining")) {
It already checks if you have the ore before it farms for the gear. Or at least it appears to.

Also, I did do those Hidden City optimizations I mentioned in 4304. Basically, adding a 5* elemental damage to the maximization string, since it's more important than most of the other opportunities by a bunch. And don't try to equip the scalpel if equipping that means that our hit-stat will be too low to actually hit and get elemental bonus damage, since we get 0 elemental bonus damage if we do a glancing hit, which I don't believe BatBrain properly handles currently.

lightwolf

Been a while since I last ran this script. Starting to pool a few questions...

1. How does it do with HC Sneaky Pete runs?

2. Is there an option to have it go for a pshyo jar instead of doing 8-bit realm? Thats about a 20 turn savings

3. Why did it spend 55 turns at the ninja snowman lair for me? (hint: It didn't update the combat rate properly, and did not reapply musk and Confrontation for some reason...) [Edit: It looks like it set the mood properly, but it never reapplied the buffs after the first cast. Possibly a mafia update error]

4. Is there a way to prevent if from trying to go kung fu hustle? I'd rather it run smith weapon and light if possible.

5. Gelatinous cube support for DD items? Would save 6-8 turns each DD attempt (16 or 24 depending on settings). Just need to run it for about 15 turns somewhere (like friars, manor unlock, or skeleton).

Last edited:

Theraze

1. Mostly well. You'll need to abort between levels to set your bike/skills. Some things aren't optimal, such as skipping quests, but if you manually take care of those things, or just don't pick the bike parts that skip quests, everything works great. There's also a KoL bug where the rockets hide the normal war message, but it still does the full kill+3. Mafia can't parse the message because it isn't there, so you'll want to abort the script every few kills and reload the island page, which makes mafia read how many kills have definitely happened based on the image. That's a KoL bug though, not something that mafia can really fix.

2. Nope. Unlikely to happen from me, since the only way I'm getting jars is SC and if I'm running lazy SC, I'm just pulling pixel pies or something else similarly lazy. Or just waiting until I leave ronin and can just grab my extra stock of pixels. That works too.

3. As you said, something on your system cancelled the +combats. Nothing we can really do about that. Usually when I have that sort of round-failure, it's due to losing against the assassins because WHAM/SS decided they were good stasis targets. Grr.

4. We never tell it to hustle. If it empties your hands, that's almost certainly the maximizer. If you can tell the maximizer that your smith gear is better, however you do that, it should go that way instead.

Edit: Addendum to 1. Run the mafia untinker quest if you don't go Knoll. It unlocks Degrassi, which BCA doesn't currently unlock since it tries to do it through the guild, which is blocked to AoSP.

Edit: Addendum to the addendum. You'll need to finish the Palindome quest manually for now, until there is updated support. Note that you need to also get a photograph of a dog as well as the current 4 choiceadv items, and you no longer need to actually FIND Alarm, since using the second book will auto-expose him. And we don't need to hit Paco to unlock the grove, since Alarm will do that for us as well.

Last edited:

lightwolf

It also appeared to have used Obtuse Angel over Re-animator, so it only got 3 copies instead of 4. Though I supose if LFM is done over 2 days anyway it doesn't matter.

Theraze

Regarding 5, which was added while I wrote up the 1-4 answers... you can set your default familiar to whatever you like. Use the cube if you want to make things faster later. That's already allowed. Go for it. :)

Crowther

I'm doing softcore AoSP, so what I say doesn't exactly apply to lightwolf. I have to abort to buy skills and motor cycle upgrades. I also need to adjust my combat script and run things manually to manage my love/hate and get the most from party and riot each day. A few quests I do by hand as I do in SCNP (cyrpt, island, killing jar). I need to catch and do the trapper quest, since I always buy that upgrade (1 turn, FTW!). Still, I let automation handle quite a bit of it. I'm not using peel out very well. I added a few Sneaky skills (check hair, biker swagger, brood) to the script, but I think that's my only AoSP modification so far. View attachment AoSP.patch.txt I probably should just run biker swagger 100% of the time and maybe even check hair. I have plenty of MP and killing is easy in softcore.

Winterbay

I tend to start the day off with -max hate and cast riot and then work my way up, manually, to full love and cast party and then let the script handle the rest. Been working pretty good so far, apart from having to remember to abort before it tries to climb the mountain.
It also still gets the wand at the end which is probably not all that useful.

Code:
	while (i_a(get_property("trapperOre")) < 3 && !checkStage("mining")) {
It already checks if you have the ore before it farms for the gear. Or at least it appears to.

Strange. I checked the log before posting and it definitely called out in the window that it was getting the mining uniform, which it then did in 5 turns (yay for RNG!). Then it put the uniform on, and then went straight to quest completed (which is fair enough given i'd already pulled the ore). I'll check it again in a new run, but it definitely got the outfit, THEN checked for ore.

lightwolf

Stuck in an infinite loop...
After having just completed getting the S.O.C.K in the level 10 quest

Code:
BCC: All goals have already been met, moving on.
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
200 combinations checked, best score 1,315.00
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_itemsnc on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'Pair of Stomping Boots' where x=1
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Mind control device already at 0
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Jalapeño Saucesphere, cast 1 Jalapeño Saucesphere
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Singer's Faithful Ocelot, cast 1 Singer's Faithful Ocelot
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Peeled Eyeballs, use 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Opening up the Castle by adventuring in the Airship
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 metallic A, 1 S.O.C.K.'...
Condition already met: metallic A
Condition already met: S.O.C.K.
Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Jalapeño Saucesphere, cast 1 Jalapeño Saucesphere
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Singer's Faithful Ocelot, cast 1 Singer's Faithful Ocelot
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.
Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Crowther

Stuck in an infinite loop...
After having just completed getting the S.O.C.K in the level 10 quest
Oh, right. That's another one I do by hand. Last I checked if you don't run BBB there was a potential for an infinite loop wasting turns. I now run BBB, so maybe it was fixed? I have to abort there anyway, because I'll pull the items I missed at the fantasy ship. However in AoSP, that isn't much of a problem with +300% item drop!

lightwolf

I just manually completed the new palindrome, but it still wont proceed...

Code:
Level 11 Starting
BCC: We have completed the stage [macguffinprelim].
BCC: We have not completed the stage [macguffinpalin].
BCC: Maximizing '+equip talisman o' nam'
Maximizing...
1586 combinations checked, best score 1,346.50
Putting on double-ice cap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding chopsticks...
Equipment changed.
Holding chopsticks...
Equipment changed.
Putting on big pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting on compression stocking...
Equipment changed.
Putting on sphygmomanometer...
Equipment changed.
BCC: Trying to check bcs_fam_items on the Bumcheekcity servers.
Checking for familiar 'jumpsuited hound dog' where x=1
Putting Candyween the Stocking Mimic back into terrarium...
Taking Ka-Pow!!! the Jumpsuited Hound Dog out of terrarium...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Casting Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 10 Adventures)
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric was successfully cast.
Casting Jalapeño Saucesphere 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Jalapeño Saucesphere (duration: 15 Adventures)
Jalapeño Saucesphere was successfully cast.
Casting Leash of Linguini 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 10 Adventures)
Leash of Linguini was successfully cast.
Casting Singer's Faithful Ocelot 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Singer's Faithful Ocelot (duration: 10 Adventures)
Singer's Faithful Ocelot was successfully cast.
Casting Smooth Movement 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Smooth Movements (duration: 10 Adventures)
Smooth Movement was successfully cast.
Casting The Sonata of Sneakiness 1 times...
You acquire an effect: The Sonata of Sneakiness (duration: 10 Adventures)
The Sonata of Sneakiness was successfully cast.
Purchasing Knob Goblin eyedrops (1 @ 200)...
You acquire an item: Knob Goblin eyedrops
You spent 200 Meat
Purchases complete.
Using 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops...
You acquire an effect: Peeled Eyeballs (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished using 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Getting the 'I Love Me' from the The Palindome
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 stunt nuts, 1 I Love Me Vol I'...
Condition already met: stunt nuts
Condition added: "I Love Me, Vol. I"
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.

Request 1 of 91 (Plains: The Palindome) in progress...
You can't get to that area yet.

Maximizing...
375 combinations checked, best score 1,346.00
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

Maximizing...
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
Conditions list cleared.

KoLmafia declares world peace.

dixmcdix

I got the same thing on main and multi when I got to that part of the script. Had the Talisman equipped and still couldn't get to the area.

I think perhaps the naming for The Palindrome has changed slightly?

Theraze

It's that you get a different book now when you find the Doc. Though there's also the possibility of the issue where the quest text now tells you that you can get the wet stunt nut stew from the palindome, which makes the script want to find the book again.

Easiest thing to do there is to just get the wet stunt nut stew and fight Awkward yourself for now.

snooty

Conditions satisfied after 1 adventures.
Maximizing...
645 combinations checked, best score 587.00
Putting on Hairpiece On Fire...
Equipment changed.
Holding Meat Tenderizer is Murder...
That's not an item, or it's not something you own.

Anyone else having issues with BCA and smithness items? Seems to be just the Meat Tenderizer so far. Doing a trendy run so smithness was my only option for tomes.

Crowther

Anyone else having issues with BCA and smithness items? Seems to be just the Meat Tenderizer so far. Doing a trendy run so smithness was my only option for tomes.
I ran into the same issue outside of BCA. It also had to do with the Meat Tenderizer. It seemed to be trying to equip it twice, so I purchased a second and "problem solved". I didn't have time to figure out what was going on, since I had to get to work. Anyway, it's not exactly a BCA problem.