bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Theraze

Well, my usual KOLHS HC booze is 4 wine and 2 soda/booze or 5 swigs and 3 soda/booze. Since the ode wine/swig and ode soda/booze are roughly the same, makes sense to save the 5th fruity wine from the second or third day, whichever that is depending on how lazy I am, for if I need that extra bit of push at level 13 and my drop rate has sucked. Using a modified form of the drinkKOLHSbooze script to auto-drink my booze after the adventure where it dropped automatically. :)

So, two votes for skipping the margarita on KOLHS... anyone who would end up heartbroken or massively confused?

> call scripts\bumcheekascend.ash

Changing "The Fun House" to "The "Fun" House" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2726)
Changing "Bugbear Pens" to "Post-Quest Bugbear Pens" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 3261)
Changing "The Fun House" to "The "Fun" House" would get rid of this message (bumcheekascend.ash, line 3261)
Bad skill value: "disco power nap" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 4061)

How would I go about fixing this problem? I tried replacing those values, but then I got another error, what does a bad skill value mean?

Theraze

Change from KoLmafia.exe to the latest daily JAR above, as the EXE builds aren't consistently updated. The problem should go away and the last two class revamps will be much more handled.

Was the EXE from the Daily Builds page, or from the Catch-22 thread? The Catch-22 thread tends to be more updated when it works, but sometimes ends up non-runnable. The Daily Builds one tends to get stuck and stop updating for weeks or months until someone figures out what went wrong with it.

CptJesus

Bad location value: "Icy Peak" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 889)

Getting this using the most updated version of both the script and KoLMafia SVN

Mr_Crac

For some reason, with revision 393 the "SVN installer" would not put the relay script into the relay subfolder of KoLmafia. Copied it there by hand. I'm pretty sure that used to work automatically.

If someone wants to do a little mood/maximizer tweaking...

When you're not a mystic class (with plenty of mp), and in a BIG run, you should add some elemental damage when going to the billiards room. Otherwise there's no way to beat the chalkdust wraiths and you get this looping in the CLI:

Code:
BCC: We have either a hand chalk or Chalky Hands already, so we'll use the hand chalk (if necessary) and play some pool!
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Spookyraven library key
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
8 combinations checked, best score 252.98
Mood swing complete.

You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

I made a glacial clock, but the script wouldn't use that. I manually equipped it to get past that section.

Hey guys, first I have a question about the bcasc_RunSCasHC setting. I can not find where it is changed. I have looked in the relay settings and in settings and in data. Not sure if it is currently not being called or if I am just terrible at finding it.

Second, I would like to share my code for the new desert temple. There are a few minior issues with it but it should work mostly alright. Here is what I have currently and the issues it faces.

Oh, and I warn you I am very new to this kind of thing and don't really code in a normal setting so sorry if it sucks.

Link to .ash file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yey6e1lsjy...DesertOnly.ash

I have tested it with SC character and it only ran into one problem that I noticed....
When I find the gnome the first time, I get an encounter and I am not 100% sure how to properly handle it.
I added:

"if (get_property("lastEncounter") == "A Sietch in Time")
visit_url("choice.php?pwd&whichchoice=805&option=1 &choiceform1=Whoops.");
"

Not sure if this is the correct way to do it. When I got the gnome KoLmafia gave me this warning:
[1841] The Arid, Extra-Dry Desert
Encounter: A Sietch in Time
A Sietch in Time
Unsupported choice adventure #805
choice 1: Whoops.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

But it didn't get stuck like the last time I tested it. Instead it kept going through the steps (bought a killing jar next and finished up the quest). However, when I went to relay browser that choice was the first thing it popped up. So I don't know what happened.

The other two minor issues are....

1. I think it would be faster for people to skip the killing jar if they can not buy/pull it. So it might be best to comment that out.
2. I have not tested the very bottom part, the "if (i_a("worm-riding manual page") == 15) {" etc section. I think it should work fine. However, it would probably be faster to skip using the drum machine if your exploration is higher than say 85%-90%. It I don't think there is currently a good way to check the current exploration but the KoLMafia devs are working on implementing that along with other things regarding the area. Anyways, I hope this helps some what :).

Crowther

In my hardcore zombie run (for the tattoo), maxme is being ignored, which slows things down, caused a turn burning loop at the slope and caused an abort in the pirate's cove. The fix is moving a single character over a few places.
Code:
Index: scripts/bumcheekascend.ash
===================================================================
--- scripts/bumcheekascend.ash  (revision 393)
+++ scripts/bumcheekascend.ash  (working copy)
@@ -1120,7 +1120,7 @@

//Basically, we ALWAYS want and -ml, for ALL classes. Otherwise we let an override happen.
        switch (my_primestat()) {
-               case $stat[Muscle] :            cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+(my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist" ? " " : " +melee ")+((anHero()) ? "+shield" : "") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : " -10 ml") + " +muscle experience " + (my_path() == "Zombie Slayer" ? "" : "+0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, "+maxme)); break;
+               case $stat[Muscle] :            cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+(my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist" ? " " : " +melee ")+((anHero()) ? "+shield" : "") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : " -10 ml") + " +muscle experience " + (my_path() == "Zombie Slayer" ? "" : "+0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, ")+maxme); break;
                case $stat[Mysticality] :       cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+" +10spell damage +mysticality experience +5 mp regen min +5 mp regen max, " + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : "-10 ml, ")+maxme); break;
                case $stat[Moxie] :             cli_execute("maximize "+max_bees+" beeosity, mainstat "+maxMainstat+" max, "+(my_path() == "Way of the Surprising Fist" ? " " : " -melee ") + ((bcasc_AllowML) ? "" : "-10 ml") + " +moxie experience +0.5 mp regen min +0.5 mp regen max, "+maxme); break;
        }
It's near the very end of the changed line.

tkrun42

So before we switched over to SVN, I had the bcs_fam files edited so that it would use my Unconscious Collective for the meat, and a Frozen Gravy Fairy (or Mini-Adventurer) for items. Now that it's switched over to SVN, bumcheekascend checks the servers for the familiar list and ignores the files in the data folder. Is there a way we could override the default item/meat familiars? Possibly in the relay?

Winterbay

It still uses the ones in the folder. At least it should do that, it only checks the server to see if there's an updated version of it. It did this before SVN made it into Mafia as well.

MG2123

Is it possible to fix the Daily Dungeon? Whenever the script adventures there, it aborts when there's the choice between continuing and losing HP, or to leave the dungeon.

It is quite annoying to have to do the Daily Dungeon myself. I'd be very grateful if it can be fixed.

Theraze

I've never had it abort on the daily dungeon... not once. Then again, I'm also using BBB for setting dungeon choices intelligently, since they vary based on what you have in your inventory and what's equipped...

Winterbay

You can also set the choice adventures yourself if you know they won't change (I don't have a gel cube and so the basic move forwards are just fine for me).

bumcheekcity

Is it possible to fix the Daily Dungeon? Whenever the script adventures there, it aborts when there's the choice between continuing and losing HP, or to leave the dungeon.

It is quite annoying to have to do the Daily Dungeon myself. I'd be very grateful if it can be fixed.

Make it easy for us. Under what conditions should the script set what choiceadventure options?