bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

MG2123

Oh, I figured out why it aborted. I now set it so that it shouldn't abort in the future.

I forgot to click the "Choice Advs" tab on the Daily Dungeon menu in Mafia.

Story

Hi all,

I keep getting stuck in a loop here:

BCC: We have completed the stage Trapper
BCC: We have not completed the stage [wand].
choiceAdventure451 => 3
BCC: Maximizing ''
Maximizing...
210 combinations checked, best score 81.88
Holding accord ion...
You can't equip an accordion in your off-hand.
Unable to meet all requirements via equipment changes.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.
choiceAdventure451 => 5
Maximizing...
210 combinations checked, best score 81.88
Holding accord ion...
You can't equip an accordion in your off-hand.
KoLmafia declares world peace.
See the Modifier Maximizer for further suggestions.

How can I make it stop doing that?

Edited to add: I am using BCA v. 395, and mafia 13132.

Last edited:

Theraze

Looks like the accord ion might have bad info? Mafia is trying to equip it in the off hand, but KoL doesn't allow that...

So...I should pay more attention to the script. I don't know what happened, but I now have [17,107,122] star charts, lines and stars...

Visited Locations lists The Hole in the Sky twice, once with 84 adventures and another entry with 52 adventures.

:O

I had the star hat and star crossbow in my inventory already too.

Last edited:
If I fire up the script, it says it hasn't completed hits...can you add a check though that if you have the items in inventory, and it thinks the stage is not complete, that it marks the stage complete?

I can manually mark it complete but it looks like the stage complete checks are not working properly for that section.

Uli

So I need to know if I have something wrong with my Mafia or what. A couple days ago, the script just broke and looped hundreds of adventures in the mine looking for ore I already had for the level 8 quest. The next day, I started the script to see what would happen and it went back to normal. Today, I ran the script and it got stuck in The Hole In The Sky. I came back to 50+ stars and lines, a Richard Key, the Star stuff made and it still kept wanting to adventure in the Hole. What is going on? Do I just have a messed up install or are all of the recent Mafia updates breaking/fixing things?

The mine thing happened to me too, it ran me out of turns (using over 100) looking for ore again and again by searching through the current cavern then opening up another and searching through it. Haven't got to the HITS yet.

Theraze

Per what Winterbay said, if you're in KOLHS, it's probably the 'universal key' fix breaking HitS. The mining thing MIGHT have been due to a (fixed) bug if you aren't using the latest version of mafia... so update and see if it goes away.

Xenthes

With one of my alts I am having the same issue with HitS that chef Rannos is having.
The character is doing a BIG HC run as an AT.

Mr_Crac

The script is stuck in an endless loop because of an area not being available:

Maximizing...
132 combinations checked, best score 37.75
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Fancypants Scarecrow
BCC: Nothing to fax according to whatShouldIFax
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.
Cleared mood.
Cleared mood.
Set mood trigger: When I get Just the Best Anapests, uneffect just the best anapests
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Go Get 'Em, Tiger!, use 5 Ben-Gal™ Balm
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith, cast 1 The Power Ballad of the Arrowsmith
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Patience of the Tortoise, cast 1 Patience of the Tortoise
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Seal Clubbing Frenzy, cast 1 Seal Clubbing Frenzy
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Smooth Movements, cast 1 Smooth Movement
Set mood trigger: When I run low on The Sonata of Sneakiness, cast 1 The Sonata of Sneakiness
Set mood trigger: When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
BCC: Need items!
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric, cast 1 Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric
Set mood trigger: When I run low on Leash of Linguini, cast 1 Leash of Linguini
Mood swing complete.
Mood swing complete.
BCC: Opening up the Castle by adventuring in the Airship
Conditions list cleared.
BCC: Setting goals of '1 metallic A, 1 S.O.C.K.'...
Condition added: metallic A
Condition added: S.O.C.K.
BCC: We should set the MCD if we can.
BCC: We CAN set the MCD.
Resetting mind control device...
Mind control device reset.

That area is not available.

I am not sure why it wants to visit an area that cannot possibly be open at this time: I am currently Level 9, and to the best of my knowledge the Airship can only be opened up at Level 10.

Edit:
Hm, it seems the Gallery was not unlocked. Not sure why. Is there an extra stage for this, or is this part of [manorlibrary] ? (or what's-it-called)

Last edited:
I've also been having problems with my last few ascensions where it's "completing" the 8-bit realm but I don't have a digital key when I get to the gates.

I have items as you go checked as an option...any ideas?

I've been adventuring with mafia using the '1 digital key' as my goal in the 8-bit realm and that gets it for me.

The mine thing happened to me too, it ran me out of turns (using over 100) looking for ore again and again by searching through the current cavern then opening up another and searching through it. Haven't got to the HITS yet.

If you can afford to get it, Unaccompanied Miner is handy...I don't let the script use my mining outfit without it, and I haven't ran into that loop. :D

BCC: You aborted, so so am I. This abort may have been caused by a rogue condition not being met. If this is unexpected, please paste the CLI output, as well as the results of typing 'condition check' without the quotes, into the mafia CLI window now.

> condition check

Conditions list validated against available items.

Not sure what is making the script stop, I have to rerun it everytime and it works until I get that message again, I'm just fighting Hippies on the Battlefield.

lavion

Question: Is it possible for when the script checks for certain familiars, such as Obtuse Angel, to include the Reanimated Reanimator? Because I only have reanimator and the script will fax lobsterfrogmen but doesn't check for it before the fight.

[Edit] : Also how do I add killing jar to the Haunted Library to do list?

Last edited:

Crowther

Hm, it seems the Gallery was not unlocked. Not sure why. Is there an extra stage for this, or is this part of [manorlibrary] ? (or what's-it-called)
I had the same thing happen last run. I preferred it, because I didn't want to level in the gallery. Best I could tell, leveling was needed, and when the gallery was locked, that was treated as leveling completed. I shrugged it off as a zombie thing, but maybe it's a problem for all muscle classes.

Last edited:

Mr_Crac

I had the same thing happen last run. I preferred it, because I didn't want to level in the gallery. Best I could tell, leveling was needed, and when the gallery was locked, that was treated as leveling completed. I shrugged it off as a zombie thing, but maybe it's a problem for all muscle classes.

I was under the impression that the script used to unlock the Gallery because, well, it's simply the place where Muscle classes are supposed to level. Am I wrong?

Before this TT run, I did an SC run and the problem existed also there if I remember correctly.