autoscend - a sl_ascend fork/continuation

taltamir

Thanks for the help.

I finished that run and ascended into a journeyman run. I did some adventuring before I tried to start autoscend, including some adventures at the noob cave to pick up some skills. Now when I try to run autoscend, it does a lot of initialization/setup, then stops with a message about the noob cave. Sorry, I can't seem to find the actual message in my session log. Any suggestions on how to get it to skip that and actually run? Thanks, in advance.

EDIT:
Edit posted as separate msg to update post time. See below.
A bit late to respond but might as well.

so wait, you actually saw the message? I was always concerned about people not seeing it. But if you saw it, why didn't you just follow the explicit instructions it gives in the message on how to fix the problem? are the instructions unclear? I can try to make them clearer

Last edited:

oztrich

I've noticed odd behaviour the past couple of days in the L11 quest. autoscend clears the dense liana from the Massive Ziggurat, but doesn't from any of the overgrown shrines. It shows this warning:

Code:
[INFO] The idden [sic] apartment!
[INFO] Hidden Apartment Progress: 0
[WARNING] Can't get to The Hidden Apartment Building right now.

This run I've spotted it relatively early (whilst still at L11). In the previous run it kept putting off completing Hidden City until it was the last thing I needed to do (with the Pyramid) before tackling the Lair.

Has anyone else noticed this happening?

It also seems to be trying to use Feel Hatred more often than it's available, and dropping out of combat when it fails. Again, this seems to have only happened over the past couple of days.

Last edited:

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I know this is not the preferred place for bug reports but I am not on Discord and I couldn't create an issue on GitHub for some reason.

# Context

* KolMafia version: r27335
* Class: ASOL - Jazz Agent
* Run type - Hardcore:
* Challenge Path : ASOL
* Number of Ascensions: ?

# Expected/Desired Behavior

Open the Peak without an infinite loop or manual intervention.

# Current Behavior

Autoscend went into an infinite loop trying to access the Peak after getting Totally Extreme. The Extreme outfit was equipped but so was the cursed goblin cape. KoL refused to open the peak because there was not enough cold resistance.

Manually removed the cape, and visited the Peak and it was successfully opened.

erct657

The issue was the goblin cape since it provides -6 cold resistance. If I had to guess, it was used because you had no other back item available AND because you went the Extreme route, we were looking for NCs, so it got equipped and then never unequipped. Then once you got the Extreme outfit, it didn't unequip the cape because there was nothing else to equip. Though I'm surprised the maximizer didn't recommend unequipping it.

Either way, I'll add an explicit clause to exclude the cursed goblin cape from the Mist-Shrouded Peak.

As an aside, it is interesting that it went the Extreme route. Do you have it manually set in the Autoscend relay browser prefs to go that way? I programmed the AoSOL support for Autoscend and in all of my runs it never went the Extreme route, and I maxed out skill points for all 3 AoSOL classes only using Autoscend.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
The issue was the goblin cape since it provides -6 cold resistance. If I had to guess, it was used because you had no other back item available AND because you went the Extreme route, we were looking for NCs, so it got equipped and then never unequipped. Then once you got the Extreme outfit, it didn't unequip the cape because there was nothing else to equip. Though I'm surprised the maximizer didn't recommend unequipping it.

Either way, I'll add an explicit clause to exclude the cursed goblin cape from the Mist-Shrouded Peak.

As an aside, it is interesting that it went the Extreme route. Do you have it manually set in the Autoscend relay browser prefs to go that way? I programmed the AoSOL support for Autoscend and in all of my runs it never went the Extreme route, and I maxed out skill points for all 3 AoSOL classes only using Autoscend.
auto_L8_extremeInstead=true

I have no idea why. I have no recollection of setting that deliberately and recently for the character. I ran autoscend for a while, stopped using it and then started up again so it may have been one of those things I set and forgot. I have a vague recollection of softcore runs where pulling the extreme outfit made more sense than adventuring for the ninja gear and a recollection of getting beaten up a lot going the Assassin path. I suppose before my next run I should run the GUI and reset things to defaults and remember what I am using that is not a default and why.

Hardcore so almost certainly had no other or better back item. Manually using the maximizer I almost expect it to grab a cursed item unless the maximization is crafted to consider both the benefit and the curse as roughly equal. Indeed lowering cold resistance is not often a negative thing. I manually ignore cold resist unless I am going to the Peak or expecting to receive enough cold damage that winning the fight is not guaranteed.

I was doing ASOL runs for factoids and quite frankly wasn't having fun so I let autoscend do it.

Thanks.

erct657

Gotcha. If you set that to false, autoscend should automatically determine whether you can survive the Ninja Assassins or not. If
auto_L8_ninjaAssassinFail=true then it updates extremeInstead to be true. There is some logic that will flip ninjaAssassinFail from false to true.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Gotcha. If you set that to false, autoscend should automatically determine whether you can survive the Ninja Assassins or not. If
auto_L8_ninjaAssassinFail=true then it updates extremeInstead to be true. There is some logic that will flip ninjaAssassinFail from false to true.

Different set of circumstances but I got "[INFO] I got beaten up by a [ninja snowman assassin]. disabling ninja route" so that is probably what happened to set up the report in https://kolmafia.us/threads/autoscend-a-sl_ascend-fork-continuation.25070/page-5#post-171912

All hail the autoscend crew! Thank you so much. I'm looking for any advice on controlling the script's buying and selling.

I just did a fresh install through KoLmafia's (praise the devs) Scripts menu, enabled the auto_newbieOverride, and ran it. Glancing at the GCLI, I saw it selling numerous items. I wasn't able to catch what they were, but I thought, "What if I wanted to use those to stuff Kramco magical sausages?"

More importantly, I have used autoscend on relatively "poor" accounts, and then found about 600,000 meat gone. Most of the account's meat, spent by autoscend. I looked into that last year, but I don't remember finding information I could use.

Oh, hold on! While typing this, I saw KoLmafia flashing red. It keeps trying to fill a magical sausage and failing. Over and over and over....
Poop.

I needed to ascend as a Turtle Tamer instead of Sauceror this time, so I'm not too surprised if it's running out of MP and doing its best. But I'd really like to exercise some control over the buying and selling in any case. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Edit to add that things just went strangely bad. Autoscend got me drunk up to 31/20 with 235 adventures left and then ended its day. What the heck? Last I looked, it was 14/20 drunk, 5/15 full, and... I think around 150 adventures? Why would it get me unrecoverably falling-down drunk, bringing my adventures before rollover up to 235? Gosh. Any insight? :) Thanks!

Last edited:

erct657

All hail the autoscend crew! Thank you so much. I'm looking for any advice on controlling the script's buying and selling.

I just did a fresh install through KoLmafia's (praise the devs) Scripts menu, enabled the auto_newbieOverride, and ran it. Glancing at the GCLI, I saw it selling numerous items. I wasn't able to catch what they were, but I thought, "What if I wanted to use those to stuff Kramco magical sausages?"

More importantly, I have used autoscend on relatively "poor" accounts, and then found about 600,000 meat gone. Most of the account's meat, spent by autoscend. I looked into that last year, but I don't remember finding information I could use.

Oh, hold on! While typing this, I saw KoLmafia flashing red. It keeps trying to fill a magical sausage and failing. Over and over and over....
Poop.

I needed to ascend as a Turtle Tamer instead of Sauceror this time, so I'm not too surprised if it's running out of MP and doing its best. But I'd really like to exercise some control over the buying and selling in any case. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Edit to add that things just went strangely bad. Autoscend got me drunk up to 31/20 with 235 adventures left and then ended its day. What the heck? Last I looked, it was 14/20 drunk, 5/15 full, and... I think around 150 adventures? Why would it get me unrecoverably falling-down drunk, bringing my adventures before rollover up to 235? Gosh. Any insight? :) Thanks!
Were you running this in casual? You shouldn't run Autoscend in casual because it will do strange things. How close to rollover were you running autoscend?

oztrich

Not sure if this is a mafia issue or an autoscend issue, but got this error running autoscend on the latest build (r27498):

Planting a Canned Spinach
Unsupported choice adventure #1463

Rolled back to r27496 and it worked ok:

Planting a Canned Spinach
Preference _floristPlantsUsed changed from to Canned Spinach

Anyone seeing this

INFO] Starting preadventure script...
void preAdvUpdateFamiliar failed because property auto_familiarChoice is empty for some reason
Stack trace:
at preAdvUpdateFamiliar (auto_familiar.ash:708)
at auto_pre_adventure (auto_pre_adv.ash:185)
at main (auto_pre_adv.ash:930)
[ERROR] Error running auto_pre_adv.ash, setting auto_interrupt=true
Preference auto_interrupt changed from false to true
Preference auto_interrupt changed from true to false.

My kolmafia and script are up to date

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Anyone seeing this

INFO] Starting preadventure script...
void preAdvUpdateFamiliar failed because property auto_familiarChoice is empty for some reason
Stack trace:
at preAdvUpdateFamiliar (auto_familiar.ash:708)
at auto_pre_adventure (auto_pre_adv.ash:185)
at main (auto_pre_adv.ash:930)
[ERROR] Error running auto_pre_adv.ash, setting auto_interrupt=true
Preference auto_interrupt changed from false to true
Preference auto_interrupt changed from true to false.

My kolmafia and script are up to date

I saw this, IIRC on a LOL run. Before I started the script I manually spent all of my replica Mr. A's. I bought familiars but did not use them. The script failed like the above. I used one of the hatchlings, reran and the script worked and incidentally use the other hatchlings I had.

While it is an extreme edge case autoscend could accept that there are no familiars in the Terrarium and continue. But in my case if it had used available hatchlings it would have continued.

Note - I did not see this when I let autoscend do all of the buying.

Were you running this in casual? You shouldn't run Autoscend in casual because it will do strange things. How close to rollover were you running autoscend?
Definitely not Casual! I've forgotten how close to rollover, but I remember definitely not so close that I thought it should stop. I recall having plenty of time to run adventures -- if only it hadn't gotten me falling-down-drunk. Thanks!

I found I had the KoLmafia preference set to buy from NPC stores when needed. I unmarked it! I need to check that on any account where I'm using autoscend.

Code:
Visit to The 8-Bit Realm: Vanya's Castle in progress...

[441] Vanya's Castle
Preference lastEncounter changed from medusa to fleaman
Encounter: fleaman
Preference _lastCombatStarted changed from 20230815154932 to 20230815154939
Round 0: Cereal Killer 024 loses initiative!
Round 1: You lose 17 hit points
[INFO] auto_combat initialized fighting [fleaman]: atk = 105. def = 87. HP = 100. LA = 20
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 241 to 239
Round 1: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 2: fleaman takes 12 damage.
Round 2: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 239 to 221
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 0 to 1
Round 2: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 3: You lose 19 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 221 to 202
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 1 to 2
Round 3: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 4: You lose 16 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 202 to 186
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 2 to 3
Round 4: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 5: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 186 to 168
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 3 to 4
Round 5: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 6: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 168 to 150
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 4 to 5
Round 6: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 7: fleaman takes 10 damage.
Round 7: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 150 to 132
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 5 to 6
Round 7: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 8: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 132 to 114
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 6 to 7
Round 8: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 9: fleaman takes 9 damage.
Round 9: You lose 19 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 114 to 95
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 7 to 8
Round 9: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 10: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 95 to 77
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 8 to 9
Preference _auto_combatState changed from to (last attempt)
[WARNING] Uh oh, I'm having trouble in combat.
Round 10: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 11: You lose 19 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 77 to 58
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 9 to 10
[WARNING] Hmmm, I don't really know what to do in this combat but it looks like I'll live.
Round 11: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 12: You lose 17 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 58 to 41
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 10 to 11
[WARNING] Hmmm, I don't really know what to do in this combat but it looks like I'll live.
Round 12: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 13: You lose 18 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 41 to 23
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 11 to 12
Round 13: Cereal Killer 024 attacks!
Round 14: You lose 19 hit points
Preference auto_combatHP changed from 23 to 4
Preference auto_diag_round changed from 12 to 13
Could not handle monster, sorry
Stack trace:
  at auto_combatDefaultStage5 (auto_combat_default_stage5.ash:845)
  at main (auto_combat.ash:177)
  at adv1 (auto_combat_default_stage5.ash:833)
  at autoAdv (auto_adventure.ash:30)
  at autoAdv (auto_adventure.ash:55)
  at EightBitRealmHandler (level_13.ash:80)
  at LX_getDigitalKey (level_13.ash:183)
  at process_tasks (autoscend.ash:1629)
  at doTasks (autoscend.ash:1857)
You're on your own, partner.
Click here to continue in the relay browser.

I keep getting this with the fleaman enemy, it looks like the combat wants to attack with a normal weapon when Saucestorm can 1 shot. Is there something I can change to prevent this? I've been away from Mafia and KOL for a while. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Zulu Romeo

Interesting. Running autoscend in "A Shrunken Adventurer am I" the script keeps buying and trying to use a Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium. Finished day 1 with 100 of the things in my inventory. I'm guessing it's because the script can't find the terrarium in the new campground setup and assumes we don't have one despite having a Familiar accessible. Any way to circumvent or disable the check for this path?

It got annoying to the point that I wasn't able to complete the Palindrome quest by being unable to buy the various items from NCs due to spending all my meat on Familiar-Gro™ terrariums :unsure:

Last edited: