autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

jijineiro

Thanks guys!

Verbosity 3 did the trick: seems like autobasement break on level defaults to 30. I changed that to 40 and now it runs ok cacheing outfits until it runs into MP regen. Seems at least I got to the bug that is well known :). I'm now refreshing all stuff. Lets see what happens.

Yeah, it dies again there on MP regen.

Putting on outfit: MP Regen
You only put on part of that outfit.
Adjusting familiar weight by 5 pounds
Maximizing...
3192 combinations checked, best score 111.0
Putting on nurse's hat...
Adjusting familiar weight by -5 pounds
Equipment changed.
Wielding hairy staff...
Equipment changed.
Putting on snailmail hauberk...
You don't have the item you're trying to equip.

The hauberk was already equipped when I looked into my inventory in the relay browser. So I unequipped it and tried again, no dice, it equips it and then it fires off the same error.

OK, I got it working: I had to delete the mpregen outfit from the relay browser, then it recreated it with no problems.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Could you try "ash available_amount($item[snailmail hauberk])", "ash item_amount($item[snailmail hauberk])". Followed by a "refresh inv", and the same commands and "refresh all" followed by those commands?

Edit: Also, what familiar is it trying to use?

jijineiro

At last I got it working. Last problem faced: the horror, I had no ccs defined for it but now I do : some cuteness love songs will do the trick, I think.
Thanks for all the help!

It was going for the disembodied hand.

jijineiro

Dunno what the problem is but yeah, the equipment changing bug is a bit of a pain in the ass.
Anyway, thanks dudes for this script. Buggy or not, without it I wouldn't dare get near that stupid basement.

charon the hand

In the latest version updated today, Feb 11, the operator for exponent is wrong. The script uses ^, but mafia wants **.

I'd also like to echo jijineiro's thanks. I did a telescope run manually once and it was slow and painful. I am very pleased that this script exists and is maintained. Thanks for all your work.

Last edited:

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I'm actually having the same issue jijineiro had earlier, except mine is erroring out after trying to hold my haiku katana.

Code:
[COLOR=green]Caching outfits...[/COLOR]
Putting on outfit:     Mysticality
Equipment changed.
Maximizing (1st time may take a     while)...
50 combinations checked, best score 1210.0
Saving outfit:     Mysticality
Outfit saved
Putting on outfit: Muscle
Equipment     changed.
Maximizing...
1069 combinations checked, best score 1649.0
Putting     on stainless steel skullcap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding stainless     steel shillelagh...
Equipment changed.
Holding haiku katana...
[COLOR=red]That's not an item, or it's not something you own.[/COLOR]

I tried the stuff Winterbay suggested above but it doesn't seem to help.

> ash available_amount($item[haiku katana])

Returned: 1

> ash item_amount($item[haiku katana])

Returned: 1

> refresh inv

Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Requests complete.

> refresh all

Refreshing session data...
Synchronizing moon data...
Loading character status...
Retrieving character data...
Refreshing closet...
Examining consumables in closet...
Examining equipment in closet...
Examining miscellaneous items in closet...
Updating inventory...
Retrieving familiar data...
Familiar data retrieved.
Retrieving campground data...
Session data refreshed.
You have a present under the Crimbo tree in your clan's VIP lounge!

Any ideas?

Winterbay

How many turns had it run when it got stuck and what were your stats? I'll see if the equip-call can be encapsulated and if it fails refresh all and rerun the maximizer. That should hopefully solve the issue but in a slightly more server intense way than may be optimal.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I had just started my basement dive for the first time, finally decided to get a telescope. I'm maybe only 5 basement levels deep.

Muscle:1328 (840)
Mysticality:638 (576)
Moxie:632 (563)

Winterbay

Huh. Looking at the excerpt you posted I see that it crashed while caching outfits. It shouldn't do that, that call is already encapsulated.

Could you verify that your line 359 says:
Code:
if(outfit("Muscle")) {} //Make sure we don't abort if we cannot equip the outfit
?

Winterbay

Ahh yes, I added some code to my local copy for fancypant-support. I'll need to test something then apparently.

fewyn

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's because the maximizer thinks I can equip a katana in each hand when I clearly only have 1.

jijineiro

Well it's that aftercore time again, I'm trying to get yet another piece of telescope, same crazy problems again, with the equipping of stuff I supposedly don't have. Dunno, but this bug seems to be a very persistent one.

Winterbay

Does it try to equip things you don't have at all or things that you do have but not in the amount it thinks you have?

jijineiro

Same as before, when it tries to autogenerate the outfits it enters in some kind of stupid loop: at each outfit says I don't have some component that the maximiser already told it that is the optimal one. I think it equips it and then tries again to do it and cannot find it in the inventory.

Bah, I tried what I did last time: deleted all custom outfits already saved and run again the script, but this time no dice!

Yeah! Got it working again. Again deleted all stuff that was already generated (Gauntlet, Mysticality, Muscle, Moxie, MP Regen, and all the rest), but this time before running again the script I did a refresh all. Next run was smooth, it generated all outfits without a hiccup. Hopefully I'll remember these steps next time. Thanks again for the script guys!

I think the problem is in equipping the disembodied hand.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Hmm... perhaps the script should strip you of everything (including things in your familiars slot) before generating and maximizing the outfits. It'd probably solve he issue. Probably...

jijineiro

Yeah, and I don't quite get how this works. It's supposed to cache the outfits after a run, no? I mean, I run the script for 50 advs successfully, then do some other stuff and then get back to it for another 100 advs and it starts again with generating the outfits. This has some logic if you start the script at a low level and you met new requirements for equipment as you run the script, but if you start basementing at level 20+ you basically have all stuff unlocked, no?

Winterbay

The caching is done if you are at <200 in the stats and means that it'll save the outfit and use it everytime the script needs to swap an outfit. If you abort and rerun it it'll do the check again since you may have received new items and whatnot since the last time. You may also have, for whatever reason, have sold the gear you used earlier.