autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Bazaaretw

When I first started using this script when it first came out I was getting this error, and I can't remember if/what the fix was, or if it's even the same thing, but I'm getting this error nonetheless.
Code:
[10888] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 0)
Encounter: The Beast with 256 Eyes
Round 0: bazaaretw loses initiative!
Bad monster value: "the beast with 256 eyes"
You don't seem to be in the basement, quitting

Winterbay

The script seems to be working good (now that I've set break level to 50 instead of 30, being level 31 sort of ruined that part...) however it reports that it is on level 183 (the level I quit manually doing things) all the time even though I've now well above 200. Is there any way to change this behaviour?

cowmanbob

This is just great! Thanks for the work. The only thing that would suit my laziness better is if it would pick potions and just use them. Then I could click and drink beer while it's finishing up the most dreaded zone in the game for me! Thanks again, it worked like a charm.

Well, I take that back!! The first time I ran it, it didn't use any potions. But now it is. So, I think I'll open a beer and TOAST YOU! :)

Last edited:

slyz

Developer
Is there any way to change this behaviour?

I don't know why exactly, but Mafia adds the [10849] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 277) automatically. Since it doesn't know what level you're at, it keeps printing the internally saved one. I don't think you can change it without messing with KoLMafia's own code.

The only thing that would suit my laziness better is if it would pick potions and just use them.

Does it try to use potions and give an error? Does it hit a basement test and give an error because it can't buff? Can you give us a CLI output with your stats etc... ?

Rinn

Developer
I don't know why exactly, but Mafia adds the [10849] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 277) automatically. Since it doesn't know what level you're at, it keeps printing the internally saved one. I don't think you can change it without messing with KoLMafia's own code.

Does it try to use potions and give an error? Does it hit a basement test and give an error because it can't buff? Can you give us a CLI output with your stats etc... ?
It didn't use potions at first because he probably didn't need to use potions.

Bors

Hey I love the scirpt, but I have been having this problem.

"mp test (3454) > autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount (2000), quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 14 out of 193 adventures."

I have already change -- setvar("autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount", 7000);

Any idea what I can do from my end. Thanks

Changing the setvar() line in the script didn't actually change the value of autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount; that line only sets the initial value and does not change it afterward.

Type "zlib autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount = 7000" into the CLI (without the quotes) to actually change the value.

slyz

Developer
Could the Seal Clubber nemesis potions be added to autoBasement_data.txt ? With Mother Hellseal leveling, I guess Seal Clubbers are the class to go for a fast basement run, and a lot of these potions can be acquired while leveling before doing the basement. The lines to add are:
Code:
seal-brain elixir	Sealed Brain	20	none
sealhide seal doll	Red Misty-Eyed	10	Muscle

slyz

Developer
I uploaded the updated map, it seemed to work OK (although my first try borked the 'TM' in 'Radiating Black Body').

Function 'load_current_map( string, _item_data [string] )' undefined (autoBasement.ash, line 133)

I saw someone mention deleting the load_current_map function entirely on page 13 of this thread, I think, (thereabouts) but something tells me it's not fixed quite yet. We used the version linked to in the OP, and we're not savvy enough to change things ourselves. <.<

Halp?

slyz

Developer
You either have an old version of zlib, or an old version of Mafia. Or maybe you have recent versions of both, but Mafia is loading an old zlib.ash hidden somewhere in the kolmafia folder tree.

Liguinetta

I'm sure somebody has already pointed this out but by setting verbosity to 3 in the vars_xxxxxxxx.txt data file I can get the correct level to display in the Graphical CLI window as in:
You gain 1879 Fortitude
You gain a Muscle point!
You gain 820 Enchantedness
You gain a Mysticality point!
You gain 737 Cheek
Basement level 499: Monster
Putting on Damage...
You are already wearing "Damage."
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times
You gain 894 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

[2991] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 473)
Encounter: 11,978-Headed Hydra

It clearly isn't changing the internally saved counter but at least this is better than nothing.