Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Sent a mr.a to dj_d Saturday round 5pm EST, doesn't seem like the script to send a pass is working after two rollovers.

Send him a PM via the forum. I'll also let him know that there may be a hiccup with his automation. And please, just as soon as you get the password and Ascend installed, update it with the Unofficial Update and then configure and run.

RaisingOphelia

I've got the same problem. KMailed dj_d on August 11th to have the password resent, and once again on the 30th, and no reply. Frustration!

Theraze

13) I am a visitor from THE FUTURE. You, your children, and your children's children are like dust. The world has changed and the continents have shifted. Can I have the password please? You're not answering your mail.

Call in a KolMafia moderator. Moderators - if you suspect I may be dead (to the world of mafia, or otherwise), email me at ascend-dot-ash-at-gmail-dot-com, and PM me on the board and in-game (dj_d). If I don't reply in 30 days, go ahead and post the password and/or unzipped files here (all the mods should have the password already).

After a moderator sends him a PM in game, here on the board, and an email, the 30 day timer starts.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
dj_d logged into KoL on Sept. 7, 2010. Hopefully he resolved the issues for the folks who are waiting for passwords. If not then please let me know. Given the circumstances under which dj_d gave me the password, I am willing to act as a moderator and send messages to start the countdown.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Double post, but so what?

dj_d has contacted me and says that everyone who has sent him a Mr. A. has received a password. He asked that anyone who believes otherwise contact him in game where he is also dj_d.

RaisingOphelia

Double post, but so what?

dj_d has contacted me and says that everyone who has sent him a Mr. A. has received a password. He asked that anyone who believes otherwise contact him in game where he is also dj_d.

I wasn't disputing that I'd sent a Mr. A and received the password - I run the scripts, and love them. My problem is that I no longer have the kmail containing the password, can't remember it, so now I can't use the update from the unofficial thread. I'll kmail him again, I suppose.

Theraze

I've got the same problem. KMailed dj_d on August 11th to have the password resent, and once again on the 30th, and no reply. Frustration!

So... you're saying you DIDN'T have the same problem? Since the earlier post was about the automated system not working...

RaisingOphelia

So... you're saying you DIDN'T have the same problem? Since the earlier post was about the automated system not working...

I was replying to a post only a few before mine, this one :

I mistakenly didn't save the password when I purchased the script a few months ago - and now can't d/l the updates in the http://kolmafia.us/showthread.php?4...-support-thread.&p=29924&viewfull=1#post29924 thread. Is Dj_d the one to contact to have the password resent? Any help is appreciated.

I figured the phrase "have the password resent" would be enough to get my meaning across, but apparently not.

Theraze

Ah... the one immediately before yours was the one by "mr b" about the automated system not working. As Bale told jamfan14, his only recourse is contacting dj_d again as he's the only one who KNOWS for certain who paid... sending another Mr. A and using the automated system again... or wait and hope that depression sets in, and he disappears for over a month after someone else buys it and the password gets posted. Them's your choices... :D

dj_d

Sorry to be scarce all, but I have no outstanding requests in my kmail inbox, and quite a few sent passwords (and password reminders). Kmail me if you still have an issue outstanding and/or PM me here in the forum. Also, Fronobulax knows how to reach me directly.

Duff

Sent a Mr.A yesterday, 27th September. Definitely a hiccup in the automation

Last edited:

Theraze

One day? I wouldn't call that a hiccup. Automation only runs when he's connected. Which, if he's like most people, only happens once a day...

Theraze

Mine actually still says today is the 27th, but... details. :D Was thinking about that during the reply, but decided to answer based on the sentiment, rather than the facts. ;)

Duff

"Thank+you+for+the+Mr .+A% 21+I+hope+you+enjoy+ ascend.ash.++The+pas sword+is+**********+If+you+have+any+ questions% 2C+just+post+them+in +the+thread+at+www.k olmafia.us% 2C+which+I+check+reg ularly.++Enjoy%21++% 28note% 3A+this+account+is+n ot+regularly+monitor ed%29"
It wasn't too hard to figure the password but I can understand how this syntax might cause problems for some people.

Bale

Minion
I'll give you a response: It's well known that dj_d's interest has flagged and correspondingly you're lucky if you get a prompt response. Nowadays your only choice is to be patient if you want to buy this script.

These days I'd recommend bumcheekcity's ascension script, even though it's still in beta, since he cares about the script and will pay attention if you have a problem. And bumcheekcity's script is free. Free as in beer and free as in speech. That's always nice.