Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

Hextatpr

And you'll get the code eventually. It's just not quite as fast as it used to be. :)
I'd imagine; the point was mostly that settling with something further from this level of robustness (or so I've read) when I've already made the investment would be unusual.

The goal here isn't actually to use the scripts but to learn from them, so there's not going to be a whole lot of "just use the other thing in the interim".

I've PM'd the author on the forum but not yet in game; I had this delusion that if his in game PM box was troubled that he'd be more unlikely to see my PM there than here...that, and if he were to see it, wouldn't that mean the automated response to my PM containing the actual Mr. A would come to pass? So then he wouldn't need to read it anyway...I'll try it in light of not fully knowing what he has to go through to actually manage said automation.

Bale

Minion
Apparently I wrote too much to make my point. The key sentence was this: "Nowadays your only choice is to be patient if you want to buy this script."

Sit back and wait. Eventually you'll get the password. Everyone has, eventually.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I'd imagine; the point was mostly that settling with something further from this level of robustness (or so I've read) when I've already made the investment would be unusual.

The goal here isn't actually to use the scripts but to learn from them, so there's not going to be a whole lot of "just use the other thing in the interim".

I've PM'd the author on the forum but not yet in game; I had this delusion that if his in game PM box was troubled that he'd be more unlikely to see my PM there than here...that, and if he were to see it, wouldn't that mean the automated response to my PM containing the actual Mr. A would come to pass? So then he wouldn't need to read it anyway...I'll try it in light of not fully knowing what he has to go through to actually manage said automation.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying here but two comments anyway because I do things like that. First, dj_d has told me on several occasions that PMing him in game is the most reliable way of reaching him. An email address he gives in the first page is the second choice. I believe he prefers in game PMs because if they are about sending a password he is already logged in to the place he needs to be to investigate and fix the problem. Second, your goal of learning from the scripts is admirable, but you should consider learning from scripts that work more often than not so the Unofficial versions should still be of interest to you.

In any event PM me here if you don't get the password and I will also ping dj_d on your behalf.

leperkaun

So, about how long should it take to get the code?

edit: just wondering when I should start to worry.

Last edited:

CRennings

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster, I paid for the script two rollovers ago, and haven't heard back, not too worried about it, but thought I'd mention it, see if dj_d is aware of problems and whatnot.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Message dj_d in game. If it has been a calendar week with no reply then let us know.

When you get the script go here and get new versions of some files. Otherwise what you have will not work. Then, once you have that, note that Ascend is not as up to date as it should be. At the moment I manually run the Spooky Forest to get the larva and Temple Map, The Typical Tavern to clear the basement and the Untinkerer quest. There is also an error in the code that turns off AutoAttack. Fixing these are on my ToDo list but Crimbo and Real Life both proved to be major distractions.

CRennings

Okay, if it doesn't come in a few days I'll be sure to message him in game, and if I don't hear back I'll let you know, thanks for the heads up about the issues, I'm primarily interested in the meat farming script, but will probably use the rest at some point.

dj_d

Thanks for the heads up fronobulax, and apologies for the misfire - it looks like the kmail changes broke my autoresponder. The password is in your inbox, along with a little something for the inconvenience, for when you get out of HC. The autoresponder is now fixed, so passwords will resume going out in less than 24 hours.

Last edited:

ModeSix

Hi, it seems the password sending script is broken again!

I sent in a Mr. A a few days ago and no password has appeared :(

Bale

Minion
Lucky you! If you know that this happens from time to time, then you know the advice that is given to everyone else this happens to. Sit and wait. Posting here is very nearly irrelevant.

Theraze

Well, post here, send him a message in-game, wait for a full week, then if nothing has happened yet, let us know again and people will try to hunt him down. :)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Lucky you! If you know that this happens from time to time, then you know the advice that is given to everyone else this happens to. Sit and wait. Posting here is very nearly irrelevant.

Well, I will send dj_d email when I see a post here. Curiously he has not yet responded...