Ascend.ash: hands-off ascension script

Suigetsu

hi, i purchased the ascend script a while ago, and just logged in after a long hiatus, and found all my kmail messsages gone. can you re-send me the password please? in-game name is also suigetsu.

Winterbay

hi, i purchased the ascend script a while ago, and just logged in after a long hiatus, and found all my kmail messsages gone. can you re-send me the password please? in-game name is also suigetsu.

Send that note as a private message or kmail to dj_d instead since that will most likely actually have an effect.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member

kmail dj_d directly since he is the only one who has a record of who has "paid" because he is the only one who gets "paid".

Since I am cynical, I will note that if you unzipped the scripts you don't need the password to run them although you will need it to unzip the latest, but Unofficial version.

ModeSix

Hi, it's been about a week now since I sent the Mr. A, any luck finding him? Wouldn't be such an issue, but he logs in every day, so why won't he just send out the passwords?

Theraze

From the sounds of things, the bot broke at some point in KoL's updating process... possibly when they changed the mail system in December, possibly before. KMail dj_d in-game and let people know here, then wait. He's responded to everyone doing that so far.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Since a magic wand was waved and I am now a Developer on KoLmafia.us, this is the Official 30 Day Countdown notice since dj_d has not responded to at least three people using two different channels.

I have sent him the following message as a PM on this board, as a message in KoL and to the gmail account cited in the first post.

dj_d

This is an Official 30 Day Countdown Message since you have not responded to two recent password requests or a recent email. If I have not heard from you by March 7, 2011 I will make the Ascend password and/or protected files available to everyone via KoLmafia.us on March 8, 2010.

Thanks,

fronobulax

Theraze

Eh, either you get the script or... you get the script. It just may involve a bit more patience than you expected.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
At this point I just want my Mr. A back.

Since you didn't give it to anyone who is currently reading this thread, that is an unlikely outcome. Either dj_d will process your request before March 7 and you will end up with the script, or he won't, in which case you (and many other people) will end up with the script. Just pretend you ordered something from an online retailer and they have just told you that there will be an unspecified delay in shipping :)

Theraze

Wouldn't that be better included on the unofficial thread, since that's where updates are actually happening now?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Since a magic wand was waved and I am now a Developer on KoLmafia.us, this is the Official 30 Day Countdown notice since dj_d has not responded to at least three people using two different channels.

I have sent him the following message as a PM on this board, as a message in KoL and to the gmail account cited in the first post.

From dj_d to my email account, sent 2/11/2011. I would say that stops the counter.
the replybot crashed again, and I've been slammed with work stuff. I can probably get it up and running again tonight.

I'd look for passwords to arrive over the weekend.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I'd say the counter stops when the passwords arrive.

I am NOT impressed. At this point - and for quite a while since - I'd recommend that people look at BCC's free ascension script in preference to this one.

Jernau

Hi sent dj_d another message in hopes of him responding. Hopefully the password will be mailed soon.

Veracity: I've installed BCC and its ok for Hardcore, but works really poorly for softcore and for any MYS classes.