Adventure Advisor

Bale

Minion
Plans? I laugh hysterically at the mere mention of plans! I'm exhaustively testing it out now. This script now takes the "Advisor" in its own name VERY seriously. Here's a sample:

Code:
	switch(get_property("questL10Garbage")) {
	case "unstarted": if(my_level() < 10) break;
	case "started":
		if(item_amount($item[giant castle map]) < 1)
			kingdom[$location[Fantasy Airship]].useful = true;
		kingdom[$location[Giant's Castle]].useful = true;
	case "finished":
		if(in_hardcore() && item_amount($item[intragalactic rowboat]) + item_amount($item[quantum egg]) < 1)
			kingdom[$location[Giant's Castle]].useful = true;
		if(item_amount($item[Richard's star key]) < 1 || item_amount($item[star hat]) < 1 || 
		  !($strings[Master of the Surprising Fist, Avatar of Boris] contains my_path() ||
		  item_amount($item[star sword]) + item_amount($item[star crossbow]) + item_amount($item[star staff]) > 0))
			kingdom[$location[Hole in the Sky]].useful = true;
	}

It's now a nice "Stuff to do" list without all the cluttery "stuff I can't do" and "stuff I've already done." Though in some cases, like Softcore Hole in the Sky, listing the location really just reminds you that you haven't yet eaten enough pies or pulled your star hat.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 2.0 released!

Changelog:
version 2.0 March 5, 2012
  • Update Locations based on current ascension progress!

Adventure Advisor will now truly advise you about adventuring. I hope that more people like this direction than hate it. It's the ultimate "to-do now" list for ascending.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 2.5 released!

Changelog:
version 2.5 March 21, 2012
  • Too much to mention. It basically does everything better.
  • So much of this script has been rewritten that I went straight from 2.0 to 2.5 in a single update.
  • It will not work with the previous version of the data file. Sorry for the incompatibility. It was necessary to allow me to add spurious locations like the Smallish Temple where you fight the Protector Specter, the Luter's Grave and even the Black Market where you fight Wu Tang the Betrayer in Firstcore

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Adventure Advisor v 2.5.2 released!

Changelog:
version 2.5.2 March 21, 2012
  • Removed a test line. Oops.
  • Small error at the start of the level 11 quest

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Checking for updates (running Adventure Advisor ver. 2.5.1)...
haunted wine cellar (automatic)
haunted wine cellar (northeast)
haunted wine cellar (northwest)
haunted wine cellar (southeast)
haunted wine cellar (southwest)
Multiple matches against Haunted Wine Cellar.
hidden city (automatic)
hidden city (encounter)
Multiple matches against Hidden City.
post-war sonofa beach
wartime sonofa beach
Multiple matches against Sonofa Beach.
hidden city (automatic)
hidden city (encounter)
post-war sonofa beach
wartime sonofa beach
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted

Hi Bale,

Got your latest update and gave it a try after finishing a run today. This was the result. Tried it a second time and got the same thing. Do you need the debug log for this ?

Edit: Hmm....I see there is v2.5.2 now. I will try that.

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

Huh ... same result with v2.5.2

Checking for updates (running Adventure Advisor ver. 2.5.2)...
hidden city (automatic)
hidden city (encounter)
post-war sonofa beach
wartime sonofa beach
hidden city (automatic)
hidden city (encounter)
post-war sonofa beach
wartime sonofa beach
Unexpected error, debug log printed.
Script execution aborted

Bale

Minion
If anyone gets the same error as AlbinoRhino, that means there was a problem with automatically updating the datafile and you should delete it from the /data directory.

Bale

Minion
I've updated the first post with a recent screenshot of the display just after reading the McGuffin Diary.

nW2Dq.png

I haven't visited the Daily Dungeon yet today or gotten my third key so the Daily Dungeon is also on the list. (If I has two keys and a zap wand it would know to hide the Daily Dungeon.) I like being reminded about the DD if I haven't gone there yet today.

The Hole in the Sky is on the list since I don't yet have the necessary star items. If I create or pull them it will vanish. The rest of the list will change according to current quest status. For instance, the Hidden Temple is only displayed because the Hidden City is not yet opened and the Unhydrated Desert is listed because the Oasis has not yet been found.

Also, note that Lord Spookyraven is listed separately from the rest of the Wine Cellar since he has his own adventuring location. This program can now deal with the fact that mafia doesn't recognize the Summoning Chamber as a location.

stmccull

I don't know if it's just me, but if I:
- click Ascension Advisor off (because when it's on, it doesn't tell me about boxen and things)
- click the Fun House (after completing it)
- click "Update Locations"

..then everything disappears, and if I unclick "Hide checked locations", I see that all boxes are checked.

Thanks for making this- it's awesome!

Bale

Minion
That's completely possible. Ugh. I shouldn't have done that. I've updated the mapfile. I'll fix the program later. It will work tomorrow.

Donavin69

I just found this script, (since it showed up in recently updated) and it looks great!

Since I'm in Boris, I Intimidate the monsters which makes it so I can hit monsters that normally I wouldn't be able to...would it be more effort than it is worth to either put an estimate in, or a field that you could enter a value for deleveling? (right now, I'm just ignoring the colors)

slyz

Developer
I started using this script again, after the awesome update.

I just have a small question:
PHP:
if(item_amount($item[Spookyraven library key]) < 1) {
	kingdom["Haunted Pantry"].useful = true;
	kingdom["Haunted Billiards Room"].useful = true;
}
Why is the Pantry useful in this case? I haven't ascended in months, so I might have missed an ascension-related updated.

Theraze

You need to adventure in the pantry to unlock the manor. You need to adventure in the billiards room to unlock the library. If you don't have the library key, we can't tell (without a server hit) if you've actually unlocked the manor yet. Hence marking Pantry as useful.

Bale

Minion
I'm sure I put in a feature request for a lastSpookyRavenUnlock preference, but now I cannot find it! Am I crazy or has my search-Fu failed me? Can someone else help me find that feature request?

Anyway, if a lastSpookyRavenUnlock preference (like the lastSecondFloorUnlock and lastGalleryUnlock) was added, then I could be more accurate with Pantry recommendation.