bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

picklish

The only things I did manually were aborting (sometimes to fix bugs, sometimes to opportunistically eat or drink), eating (and milk), drinking (and inigo's and ode), one call to bumAdv to get some extra goat cheese and milk (unexpected feast of boris), and about 6 manual turns for two telescope items and runaways in the hedge maze because I was cutting it close on adventures. I also did end of day things manually (drinking, ode, pool table, make tonic water). So, nearly automated. ;)

(My version of the script also automates faxes, romantic arrows, organ grinder pie making, olfacting, war item/normal item selling, and semirares. I also have more complicated familiar logic (more hipster and stat familiar usage, less spleen familiar usage) that triggers on every adventure, not just per bumAdv call. I wonder if that makes a difference?)

I'd be curious to hear how other folks with most skills/iotms do on accordion thief runs. Am I an outlier here or, are other folks seeing 5 day runs normally too?

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

I'm certain those updates would have made a large difference (though I suppose they would have been done, just un-automated). The script was doing fairly constant 5-day runs for me as an AT. 6 days muscle is also pretty constant. I'm fairly sure that two correctly placed muscle days would have it at 5.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
another question:

Ok, so it keeps stopping the script because I ran out of hairspray. is there a way to either 1. make it not use hairspray or 2. buy the hairspray automatically?

sorry for my noobliness, I messed with some of the adventure settings in mafia, but nothing seems to work. However, after telling it to auto heal, I am getting beaten up way less than the last ascension :D

Preferences -> General -> "Buy from NPC stores when needed" should be what you want.

JoK[e]

The script was doing fairly constant 5-day runs for me as an AT.

I've been getting (assuming no stat days or holidays) as a Mox class (75+ skills, lots of Mr Store stuff) ~8 days if I don't touch the script except to eat and drink, and ~5-6 if I hand-do all the things Picklish just mentioned.
Just for fun, I also used the script on a multi for a no-skill HCO Sauceror run, where I did nothing but say "go." Finished yesterday. 73 days.

tgetgel

Which part of the code would I need to change to equip the hobo code binder in the off hand while wearing frat fatigues in the battlefield to get the hobo code and not mess up the killing counts?

bumcheekcity

Why would you edit the code? Just auto-adventure manually there once and get the code, then restart the script.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know which preference it is to make people buy from NPC stores? I plan on checking for it, and not moving on unless they set it themselves, or just setting it myself.

Hey, I ran into this today as a seal clubber. I realize this line is left over from the moxie class only support and just wanted to point out that a melee weapon with a shield is "optimal" for a seal clubber. :)
Code:
[1207] Wartime Frat House
Encounter: Rosie the Carpenter
You acquire     an item: homoerotic frat-paddle

Conditions satisfied after 8     adventures.
Maximizing...
56 combinations checked, best score 179.0
Putting     on Orcish baseball cap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding homoerotic     frat-paddle...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Orcish cargo shorts...
Equipment     changed.
Adventure in the Wartime Hippy Camp to get     the Hippy Outfit. Why can't this script do this? Because you're wearing a     melee weapon.

Also, could you add Madrigal to the muscle mood to help alleviate some of the damage you take when you get hit? I run out of medicinal herbs way too early in the day sometimes. :)

Last edited:

CRennings

I expect the answer will be simple, and I'll feel like an idiot for asking, but I've noticed on all of my accounts that when the script plans to take care of the hidden city, it attempts to switch the the hippy outfit, for the elemental damage. This makes sense, and yet, every ascension I receive the message "Unknown or custom outfit: hippy" and the script will not continue, I do this part manually each ascension, not really a big deal, it doesn't take long, I was just curious if anyone knew the cause.
I looked and saw it had been reported as a bug on the sourceforge page, and that the poster was told that it was not a bug, but no solution was mentioned. I have the hippy outfit, and during soft core ascensions, I have the war hippy outfit as well. I tried saving a custom outfit named hippy, which also didn't help. Anyone know what causes this?

Theraze

Probably, as you pointed out, the fact that you have multiple 'hippy' outfits. The matcher can't decide which outfit to wear...

HippoKing

Yeah, that's just slightly lazy coding. Replace line 2108:
Code:
buMax("+outfit hippy");

with:
Code:
buMax("+outfit Filthy Hippy Disguise");

Satns_sphnctr

I encountered this:

Request 1 of 45 (Manor2: Haunted Bedroom) in progress...
You can't hit anything there.

Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Spookyraven ballroom key
Spookyraven ballroom key
BCC: Getting the Ballroom Key

When I run low on Butt-Rock Hair, use 5 hair spray
When I run low on Disco State of Mind, cast 1 Disco Aerobics
BCC: Need less combat, brave Sir Robin!
When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
80 combinations checked, best score 128.0
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
Mood swing complete.

Conditions list cleared.
Spookyraven ballroom key

When I get Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation, uneffect Carlweather's Cantata of Confrontation
Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
BCC: Switching Familiar for General Use
Mood swing complete.

Conditions list cleared.
Spookyraven ballroom key

Mood swing complete.
Maximizing...
KoLmafia declares world peace.

and it just repeats until I tell the script to stop. Any ideas on what would cause this?

tgetgel

Your telescope is unavailable in Bad Moon

In KittyCore as DB using v0.20 and latest daily build.
Code:
Level 12 Starting
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'arena'
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'junkyard'
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'beach'
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'orchard'
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'nuns'
BCC: Starting SideQuest 'dooks'
BCC: Your familiar is set to a 100% Black Cat
BCC: We have completed the stage [prewarboss].
Mood swing complete.
[COLOR="red"]Your telescope is unavailable in Bad Moon.[/COLOR]

And then the script stops. In the CLI 'ash get_property("bcasc_telescope")' returns false. I still need to kill off the Big W.

Suggestions to get past this point?

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

v0.21 makes the change hippoking suggests above, and doesnt hit your scope if you're in Bad Moon. Which is still not officially supported.

The suggestion to get past this point is to kill the war boss manually. Though I kind of hoped that goes without saying :p

Satns_sphnctr

What is your CCS set to? Also, what are your stats and do you have a ranged weapon?

not sure what ccs is, yes I have ranged weapon, and the stats are 84/76/131 lvl 9 DB. I just got the ballroom key by hand and it fixed the problem, however, I have no idea what the script was failing from, not even sure if it was a bug so I posted it here.