bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

bumcheekcity

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure about the spanglerack thing. Blame Hippoking, he submitted the patch :p

Because there are no horrific script-breaking bugs on the sourceforge page, i'll release 0.21 now.

Last edited:

HippoKing

Yeah, if that doesn't work, sorry. It was meant to use sugar shields only for items, or if you had a spanglerack. The idea being that if you could use them for items (because you didn't have a spanglerack), it wasn't worth using them for stats. Guess I fucked up the logic somewhere.

bumcheekcity

I didn't think of it that way, though isn't it pretty much never worth using them for stats?

A shield on a 20lb volley takes it up to 30lbs, that's sqrt(30)-sqrt(20)=1.005 stats/fight and of course, a shirt is three. Of course, if you're at a 30lb volley anyway, it's sqrt(40) - sqrt(30) = 0.847 stats/fight.

HippoKing

It's pretty much never worth using them for stats if you can use them for something else, but it's better using them than not using them. They should be allowed for meat as well as items, but the stat argument is rather more complex. For someone with no weight skills, they can be something on the order of 2 stats/turn but that's pretty rare and a shirt is always better.

The patch was designed just to stop pre-made shields being wasted.

Rapped Scallion

For some reason, the script chose to use my Bloody-Faced Volleyball over my Cymbal-Playing Monkey, even though they were at the same weight (version 0.19)

Also, when I upgraded to 0.21, now when I bring up the relay browser I get a message in the GCI that there's a new version of the script available -- but I can find no new version of the relay script. I also don't see an option in the relay script to not level in the temple -- is this option supposed to be in the relay script or elsewhere?

Winterbay

The script always uses the volleyball since it is to be as low-maintenance as possible. If you want it to use your monkey instead you'll have to edit the script.

shazbot

I just noticed that when I start the script, it maximizes my gear, and in the process it leaves my second hand empty. I have double fisted skull smashing, and I do have something to equip there, yet it will even go so far as unequip items I have. Perhaps a second condition should be put on the maximize script to provide something.

Also, bcs_fam_items is missing green pixie. I know this only effects a few people and can be remedied manually myself, but I figured I'd let you know.

In a similar regard, another suggestion I have is to, rather then take the first familiar on the list, take the one that increases that stat by the most. I realize this makes your function a bit less generic, but it's definitely something that could be worthwhile. But like I said, just a suggestion.

Winterbay

The green pixie is not missing, it is deliberately removed due to the fact that it attacks as well which is bad in the few cases where you want to stasis for items.

Ferdawoon

I just noticed that when I start the script, it maximizes my gear, and in the process it leaves my second hand empty. I have double fisted skull smashing, and I do have something to equip there, yet it will even go so far as unequip items I have. Perhaps a second condition should be put on the maximize script to provide something.
I made a post about it on the Sourceforge page a while back asking for it as a feature but it got rejected. =/
I suggested that while I don't have a shield (which is why Offhand is left empty, the +shield part leave the slot empty) the Maximize should consider a 2-hander or 2 1-handers.

Last edited:

bumcheekcity

For some reason, the script chose to use my Bloody-Faced Volleyball over my Cymbal-Playing Monkey, even though they were at the same weight (version 0.19)

Also, when I upgraded to 0.21, now when I bring up the relay browser I get a message in the GCI that there's a new version of the script available -- but I can find no new version of the relay script. I also don't see an option in the relay script to not level in the temple -- is this option supposed to be in the relay script or elsewhere?

Yeah, that's a bug in the relay script. It always says there's a new version. There is, however, an option for both default familiar and not temple levelling in the relay script.

bumcheekcity

I made a post about it on the Sourceforge page a while back asking for it as a feature but it got rejected. =/
I suggested that while I don't have a shield (which is why Offhand is left empty, the +shield part leave the slot empty) the Maximize should consider a 2-hander or 2 1-handers.

Actually, come to think about it, that would be much easier than I clearly first thought. Implemented in 0.22.

Ferdawoon

There is, however, an option for both default familiar and not temple levelling in the relay script.
I cant find the Do Not Go To The Temple setting in the relay and I even tried to re-download the v0.1 from the sourceforge =S
Would love it though! If there is something that make me go broke each muscle run it is healing during the temple.

Actually, come to think about it, that would be much easier than I clearly first thought. Implemented in 0.22.
<3
More pewpew to the people =D

Last edited:

Satns_sphnctr

ran into another hairspray problem, when I ran out of money. Is there a way to set it, that if I run out of meat, the script just keeps on chugging and does not come to a halt because it cannot buy hairspray? Especially later in the run (this is at the battlefield) the usefulness of hairspray may be limited.

I solved the problem by simply autoselling some stuff, but it would be nice if I could just tell it to ignore the hairspray until I get more meat from mobs or whatever.

bumcheekcity

No, there isn't. Hairspray is ridiculously cheap, though. If you're running out of meat due to that, selling items may well be a good idea.

Satns_sphnctr

ok, thanks anyways :D

ran into a new one today, when I get to the naughty sorceress quest, I get this:

d the stage [lair1].
BCC: We have completed the stage [lair1].

until I tell it to stop. Not sure if this is a bug with mafia or the script.

bumcheekcity

Please provide a bit more information - What stage ARE you at? Have you unlocked the mariachis, so you have the items you need for all the stages,etc?

Satns_sphnctr

no, this was at the very beginning of the quest, where you have to have three effects to get past the doors. Right before you get naked and break the mirror. I just used the three items manually, and there was no problem after that, but I just posted here for the sake of data collection I guess :D