bumcheekcend.ash - A zero setup semi-automated ascension script!

Mr_Crac

Wanted to let everybody know that I also just added skills to some of the automatic moods:
  • Item drop mood now includes Empathy and Singer's Faithful Ocelot
  • Meat drop mood now includes Empathy
  • Initiative mood now includes Walberg's Dim Bulb

Hmmm. Casting Empathy can be costly, what with its 15MP for a mere 5 turns, if you don't have anything better than a turtle totem.

Theraze

No support for sniffing shamans in The Hidden Apartment Building. bumcheekascend doesn't sniff anywhere else, but instead lets the combat script handle it, so I didn't implement sniffing here.
No support for sniffing bowlers in The Hidden Bowling Alley. Same reason as above.
Both best handled by your CCS. Which is where current bits get handled, so that's fine.
No support for the Bowl of Scorpions in The Hidden Bowling Alley. My rationale here is that they're a bit pricy (500 meat) for a hardcore run, so this probably needs to be turned into a config option.
Best handled as a before/after battle script. Generally better as before, since that way it will only buy if you're adventuring there. Again, good to avoid adding to BCA. Not even as a config option, since if you do run it as a config option you need to single-adventure rather than batch.
Removed unlocking of The Hidden Tavern since support for the Bowl of Scorpions hasn't been added yet.
This makes me sad since my BBS was buying scorpions when I was adventuring at the alley. Since I tend to have 40-90k meat in HC at that point, it's not like I have a major meat shortage that I need to protect myself from. Adventures... that's what I want to protect.

This limitation also appears to prevent clearing the dense lianas with the antique machete in softcore even in the previous implementation.
Actually, the 'normal' problem there (which my commit message commented on) was that the antique machete only works in your main hand. If you have it in your offhand, you still have the combat. I changed how BCA equips the machete to prevent that issue.

I haven't encountered the issue that Theraze described with the janitor relocation loop, which is weird.
Because Darzil committed a bugfix to mafia shortly after I commented on it here and then made a bug report with the relevant confused != /= == bit. :)

Wanted to let everybody know that I also just added skills to some of the automatic moods:
  • Item drop mood now includes Empathy and Singer's Faithful Ocelot
  • Meat drop mood now includes Empathy
If we're adding Empathy to the auto-cast, then we should also collect the mace along with the RnRL for people who have it. The one adventure it costs will save a bunch of meat long-term. 5-turn buffs are... not good.

Hmmm. Casting Empathy can be costly, what with its 15MP for a mere 5 turns, if you don't have anything better than a turtle totem.

If you're worried about cost, you could put in a meat floor like some of the other moods.

I use WHAM with a seal tooth (when I'm not doing a DB run for a free suckerpunch) and I have the Rogue Program for spleen so with my MP burning set right I can bank up tons of buffs, making that 15mp cost not that big of a deal.

If we're not running 3 songs and we're doing quests over level 5, there are a lot of places where Polka of Plenty would be nice to run because that extra meat can come in handy later. It pays for itself just about anywhere you'd want to run it, so if you were concerned about spending meat in HC support for that in the various mood areas could be added.

Adding that could be a lot of extra work, but it might make the script easier to run for people. I know the big goal is more automation over turncount, but if the more meat lets you run a few more buffs where it could really make a difference, well I really like 4 day runs over 5 day runs. :D If you're karma farming and you start a new run as soon as the old finish, one fewer day can add up quite a bit.

Ioeth

I just committed a revision to remove the Empathy cast from item drop and meat drop moods and re-enable opening of The Hidden Tavern. Both of these things I think are something that could benefit from being added to settings, though. Empathy is a powerful buff if you've got the meat to support it, so I'd like to add a setting which can enable it to be cast. As far as The Hidden Tavern goes, I'd like to add a setting to control whether it is unlocked or not, defaulted to not unlocking it since taking advantage of it requires additional setup, like BBB. How are we going about adding new settings to the file nowadays?

Winterbay

You either ask BCA to get access to the ftp-server they're stored on or ask me, BCA (or I guess Theraze since he's brought it up earlier) to add it.

Theraze

Eh, I've been offered access to that, but haven't bit yet. :) Should probably do that at some point though. Heh.

I know it exists, I know it would be useful, but... in general what I've done so far has been fix busted stuff I notice as I run through. Lots of busted stuff, but generally the busted stuffs. :D Which everyone should want, as opposed to having behind a choice-wall.

Ioeth

You either ask BCA to get access to the ftp-server they're stored on or ask me, BCA (or I guess Theraze since he's brought it up earlier) to add it.

Cool, unless BCC is around right now and wants to set me up with access, could you add the following two lines:

Code:
49	bcasc_unlockHiddenTavern	boolean	Set to true to unlock The Hidden Tavern for access to the Bowl of Scorpions.
50	bcasc_castEmpathy	boolean	Set to true to include Empathy, which can be an expensive buff, in BCA's item drop and meat drop moods.

Which everyone should want, as opposed to having behind a choice-wall.

I like the idea of a choice-wall for bug fixes, LOL! :D

Ioeth

Talking about olfaction earlier got me wondering what other Hardcore ascenders are olfacting in-run. Currently I'm using BatBrain with the default list of monsters to automatically olfact. What other monsters should I add to reduce turncount?

Mr_Crac

Talking about olfaction earlier got me wondering what other Hardcore ascenders are olfacting in-run. Currently I'm using BatBrain with the default list of monsters to automatically olfact. What other monsters should I add to reduce turncount?

Quiet Healer for SGEEA for moar sniffing :)

And then some monsters in the Level 11 Hidden City:
-possibly the pygmy janitor for the book of matches
-pygmy shaman, for thrice-cursed
-pygmy witch surgeon, for the items to look like a doctor
-pygmy witch accountant, for the McClusky files
-pygmy bowler, for bowling ball

Since these are quite a lot of monsters to sniff all shortly after one another, having SGEEA and being able to sniff all of them would be pretty ace.
Of course, if no script automatically uses SGEEA to remove "On the trail", then you would have to do it manually, which defies the purpose of scripting.

Is there a script which can "sniff something, adventure till item(s) gotten, remove On the trail with SGEEA, sniff something else"?

Last edited:

Uli

So the new Level 11 Hidden City stuff added seems to work pretty well except for one thing. The script did not do the non-com in the Park to reset the janitors, so it got hung up on the Hidden Bowling Alley since it could not get the Bowl of Scorpions. This resulted in having three of the four stones, followed by an endless loop at the Northwest Overgrown Shrine, where it just continued to skip the adventure.

Here's what led to the loop:

use 1 Knob Goblin eyedrops
You acquire an effect: Peeled Eyeballs (duration: 10 Adventures)
> BCC: Getting the scorched stone sphere.
> BCC: Setting goals of '1 scorched stone sphere'...

familiar Pair of Stomping Boots (19 lbs)

[797] An Overgrown Shrine (Northwest)
Encounter: Earthbound and Down
Took choice 781/2: Get stone triangle
choice.php?whichchoice=781&option=2&pwd
You acquire an item: stone triangle

Took choice 781/6: skip adventure
choice.php?whichchoice=781&option=6&pwd

Crowther

I realize the new hidden city is still a work in progress (yay!)...
Wow. Lots of progress. I just ran it again and it do most of the quest and very quickly (I did pull a few things before it started). When it aborted, I had a hard time figuring out where it left off. Turns out only the hospital hadn't been started, but everything else was done. Much less real life time spent. Thanks!!!

I also got the infinite loop at the Northwest...but by the time I saw it, my CLI was filled so I wasn't sure what caused it.

It will only let me skip that adventure when I manually go there.

Code:
You step inside the shrine and find an altar inscribed with a weird figure of a kind of a leafy guy on it. Consulting your father's diary, you identify him as Bulbazinalli, the Ancient God of Plants and Nature.

The top of the altar has a round impression on it, and your impression about the impression is that you should probably put something round in it.

Edit: It looks like the bowling alley is the area I needed to do too.

Last edited:

Theraze

Yeah, for some reason it isn't automatically adding the new preferences like it should. And that makes it harder to unlock the tavern...

Getting this error this morning after downloading the newest mafia build and checking out the newest BCA
Bad location value: "The Bugbear Pen" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2739)

Ioeth

Getting this error this morning after downloading the newest mafia build and checking out the newest BCA
Bad location value: "The Bugbear Pen" (bumcheekascend.ash, line 2739)

The only issue I saw this morning was related to the removal of Disco Power Nap. Could you download the latest hourly build from http://builds.kolmafia.us/ and check out a fresh copy of bumcheekascend from SVN (CLI command: svn checkout https://svn.code.sf.net/p/bumcheekascend/code/bumcheekascend) to see if that fixes the issue?

Hey, I am new to using KoLMafia and just picked it up the past 2-3 days playing around with scripts and such. I was trying out this one in a SC run and it was working great with minimal problems up to level 7. It did all the level 7 quests except get the spooky ballroom key. When it tried to do that it registered that I wouldn't be able to hit anything in the bedroom, so it tried to decrease my ML but I didn't have any to begin with. Then it got stuck in an infinite loop of trying to go there but being unable too.

I fixed the problem by changing the required buff primary stat too 172 (that is the moxie no hit for the area) from 82 under the "Spookyraven ballroom key". It then ran off to the level 8 quest.

Theraze

That just means that you need to change your combat setting from Attack with weapon. If mafia says you won't be able to hit anything with your weapon, it's because you wouldn't be able to hit in any useful way without criticals.

I highly suggest WHAM.

That just means that you need to change your combat setting from Attack with weapon. If mafia says you won't be able to hit anything with your weapon, it's because you wouldn't be able to hit in any useful way without criticals.

I highly suggest WHAM.

WHAM? I don't think the problem was being able to hit anything with my weapon. I was doing great until it tried to send me to the manor bedroom when I was level 7 and it has a moxie no hit of 172, mine was around 110 buffed. After I changed the zone from 82 moxie to 172, my guy went off and did the level 8 quest fine.

Edit: After thinking about it and looking at the moxie to get initiative, I suppose I could set it up to just run from the enemies in the bedroom but that seems like it would waste some turns.

Last edited: