autoBasement.ash - Better basement automation

Theraze

Remember that outfits cache once a day. If you want to actually regenerate your outfits, you'll have to either save a new Damage outfit manually - note that you can always choose to do this and you can do this completely ignoring the maximizer suggestions - or set the cached outfits value to false which will make the maximizer actually recalculate all of your cached outfits, which is a good choice if you buy new gear from the mall or create it manually and it wasn't originally included when the script first ran.

set _autoBasementOutfitCached=

DoctorWeebl

Remember that outfits cache once a day. If you want to actually regenerate your outfits, you'll have to either save a new Damage outfit manually

As I mentioned before, it seems that the script maximizes after equipping the cached outfit, so I would manually save the outfit to Damage, for instance, it would switch to Damage and then recalculate the modifier for the outfit and swap equipment. Here's an example from my log:

Code:
maximize spell dmg

equip hat Lens of Hatred

equip weapon Staff of Simmering Hatred

equip off-hand big bumboozer marble

equip pants Pantaloons of Hatred

equip acc1 Girdle of Hatred

equip acc2 Fuzzy Slippers of Hatred

equip acc3 stainless steel scarf

> Basement level 307: Monster
custom outfit Damage

equip hat Dinsey's brain

equip weapon scratch 'n' sniff sword

equip back sea shawl

equip pants sugar shorts

equip acc2 fossilized necklace

After maximizing for spell dmg, I would just save the outfit as "Damage". It would encounter monster, equip Damage, and then swap everything out with maximized stat - Myst in this case, thereby undoing the whole outfit save.

set the cached outfits value to false which will make the maximizer actually recalculate all of your cached outfits, which is a good choice if you buy new gear from the mall or create it manually and it wasn't originally included when the script first ran.

set _autoBasementOutfitCached=

I will test this when character is not drunk and let you know. I assume that there is no underscore in front of the variable, as running that command from CLI with =false doesn't seem to do anything. So guessing it would read:
Code:
set autoBasementOutfitCached=false

PS - Thanks a ton for walking me through all this stuff with patience. I'm not really a hotshot when it comes to CLI/ASH.

DoctorWeebl

THANK YOU! That totally worked. I ran script, it recached all outfits, I maximized spell dmg, saved as Damage, and ran your command. Worked a charm. :D This will make my next basement run SO much easier. My eternal gratitude.

Hmmmm
I was thinking about adding the [Ms] Puck Man and their power pills to the item-dropping familiars, as practice in figuring out how the Heck to do ASH coding

but I can't for the life of me figure out the purpose of this line
Code:
int item_drop = min(5,min(mushrooms,min(absinths,min(gongs, min(tokens, min(transponders, min(aguas, min(folios, greases))))))));

(also idk how to get current daycount in an ash script but that's a different question)

Theraze

Figures out if there are any drops still remaining. If item_drop returns 0, you've already got all of the drops.

I've talked about this before but I got fed up with the script not ever working properly and I did it manually instead but I have to do it again so here I am again.

Firstly it never switches to the proper "MPdrain" outfit on the MP tests (and never restores said MP) on account of saying that it failed and "If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value."

It doesn't switch familiars despite setting it to do so and can't run for any longer than 2 turns without shitting itself meaning I might as well do it myself. I've tried to fix it before hoping maybe it was a weird Mafia bug but it's still not working whatsoever.

EDIT: Probably came out a bit harsh. Wrote it in a bad mood which was dumb.

Last edited:

Theraze

Well, since all of that works for me, that suggests that some part of how you have it configured or some helper script you have is messing everything up for you. But I watched it switch familiars today, both for adventuring and the elemental tests, and pass MP tests as well, so...

Need more specific information to help you. If you're wanting help and not just venting space.

Theraze

Added a new variable to set how many total telescope upgrades you want to automate. If it's set to a value above 0, and your telescope upgrades is at or above that number, the script will abort and tell you that you're done. This should help people running the script for telescope farming to not end up with the 100k prize after spending 1.5m to get there. :)

Theraze

Just don't put your max potion price up and it should skip them. Mine is set to the default 2k and it never used a single phial in over 30 basement runs...

Terrabull

It encounters an elemental test, then tries to search for a phial. Then it prints an error message saying it can't buff me and that I should increase my max portion value. It doesn't even change my outfit, which is often all it needs to do.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
That's the way this script has worked (not) for me for a long time; every time it aborts, I just switch to the Elemental outfit and restart it and it continues right on past the elemental test.

Theraze

*shrugs* As I said, it works for me. Without posting enough about what is happening for me to either troubleshoot your environment or replicate the failure for me, nothing I'll be able to do to fix it.

I'd like to fix it. You aren't giving me enough information to explain what's different between our circumstances.

Terrabull

Here is my output. What else can I do to help?

Code:
[2321] Fernswarthy's Basement (Level 170)
Encounter: Take the Red Pill/Take the Blue Pill
You gain 247 Magicalness
You gain a Mysticality point!
Basement level 171: Spooky & Cold Elemental Resistance Test
Maximizing...
80 combinations checked, best score 42.98
Searching for "cuppa Morbidi tea"...
Search complete.
Putting on battered old top-hat...
Equipment changed.
Wielding elven tambourine...
Equipment changed.
Putting on sea shawl...
Equipment changed.
Putting on hardened slime pants...
Equipment changed.
Putting Midori Illune the Green Pixie back into terrarium...
Taking Trust Me, It's Actually Pretty the Exotic Parrot out of terrarium...
The 'devil dog' is not currently available in your clan
Using 1 philter of phorce...
You acquire an effect: Phorcefullness (10)
Finished using 1 philter of phorce.
Searching for "potion of temporary gr8tness"...
Search complete.
Purchasing potion of temporary gr8tness (1 @ 107)...
Purchases complete.
Using 1 potion of temporary gr8tness...
You acquire an effect: Gr8tness (10)
Finished using 1 potion of temporary gr8tness.
Searching for "scroll of Protection from Bad Stuff"...
Search complete.
Purchasing scroll of Protection from Bad Stuff (1 @ 500)...
Purchases complete.
Using 1 scroll of Protection from Bad Stuff...
You acquire an effect: Protection from Bad Stuff (20)
Finished using 1 scroll of Protection from Bad Stuff.
Maximizing...
72 combinations checked, best score 3,212.00
Searching for "chicle de salchicha"...
Search complete.
Purchasing chicle de salchicha (1 @ 675)...
Purchases complete.
Using 1 chicle de salchicha...
You acquire an effect: Here to Kick Ass (20)
Finished using 1 chicle de salchicha.
The 'savage macho dog' is not currently available in your clan
Searching for "phial of spookiness"...
Search complete.
The script was unable to acquire the necessary elemental form. You may need to acquire some phials yourself or raise your autoBuyPriceLimit. Attempting to pass test by HP buffing
unable to pass elemental test, quitting
Basement sucessfully automated for 5 out of 20 adventures. If the script failed due to being unable to buff you high enough you can either try to level up some or raise "autoBasement_max_potion_price" to a higher value.

Bale

Minion
That's the way this script has worked (not) for me for a long time; every time it aborts, I just switch to the Elemental outfit and restart it and it continues right on past the elemental test.

Two months ago I used this script down to level 500. It never once had a problem with an elemental test, so maybe it is a configuration issue of some sort?

Bale

Minion
It did abort for MP tests because of autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount. That was the only test for which it aborted.

Code:
zlib autoBasement_break_on_combat = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_element = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_floor = 500
zlib autoBasement_break_on_hp = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_level = 40
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mox = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mp = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mp_amount = 2000
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mus = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_mys = false
zlib autoBasement_break_on_reward = false