Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Guide

That's interesting! I installed the Guide script pretty soon after you first released it, and apparently it got stuck at version identifying as 1.0.7.
    Originally Posted by zeroToNine View Post
    Mine was stuck at 1.0.13. Deleted and reinstalled and it is now up to date again. All my other scripts seem to be updating correctly and this is at least the second time I've had to delete and reinstall Guide to get it to update. (It was the second time I noticed it wasn't updating, I'm not sure if it ever updated correctly in between those times.) I wonder what's different about Guide that is causing the update process to have trouble. My guess would be that it has something to do with github since Guide is the only script I use that is hosted on github.

I'm not sure I like that the script is insulting me
    Code:
    you are ascending too slowly, ascend faster!
    My scripts:
    Best sushi for Profit
    Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Scripts maintained by me:
    Autobasement
    Smashlib

A small programmer joke:
    Wife: Honey, please go to the market and buy 1 bottle of milk. If they have eggs, bring 6.
    The man came back with 6 bottles of milk.
    Wife: Why did you buy 6 bottles of milk.
    Man: Because they had eggs...

The 6 Stages of Debugging: 1 )That can't happen. 2) That shouldn't happen. 3) Hmmm, weird. 4) Why does that happen? 5) Oh, I see. 6 )How did that ever work?

All programs can be optimized, and all programs have bugs; therefore all programs can be optimized to one line that doesn’t work. /Bob Fitch, Blizzard

Developer

Code:
    if (daycount > (softcore ? 1 : 2)) {
        print("ascend faster you slob");
    }

I'd like to make a feature request. It's a small thing, but I'd find it convenient. The task to "Level to X" for the next level is not a link. I'd find it quite convenient if that task was a link to my primestat's leveling zone. Upper floor of Spookyraven for Myst and Mox, lower floor for Muscle.

A small request, but I really have gotten used to navigating around the kingdom by clicking on my Guide pane.

As long as I'm on the subject of navigating with Guide... Required Items could be a link to the area where you can find that item. I would often use that link.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

As long as I'm on the subject of navigating with Guide... Required Items could be a link to the area where you can find that item. I would often use that link.
    Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    You mean hagnk's, right? More seriously, it isn't at all obvious where things like a guitar would link to.

You mean hagnk's, right? More seriously, it isn't at all obvious where things like a guitar would link to.
    Originally Posted by lostcalpolydude View Post
    Well, I always make it from a stone banjo if I need one and still have a clover. I usually budget my clovers sufficiently. Though your point is taken. I think though that if it is to point to a useful location that would be the area where the item is most likely to drop from a monster. Ezandora lists that location first in his hints for getting one.
    If people like my scripts, please send me stuffed Hodgmen.
    Universal Recovery, OCD Inventory Control, CounterChecker, newLife, ChIT.

Just a few notes:

Guide keeps proper track of desert exploration but doesn't seem to account for the Sneaky Pete black light bulb when calculating turns remaining until 100% explored.

In AOSP Guide keeps reminding me to bring along a familiar. Not possible in the challenge path.

Great script. I use it daily.
    Last edited by Magus_Prime; 03-16-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Just a few notes:

Guide keeps proper track of desert exploration but doesn't seem to account for the Sneaky Pete black light bulb when calculating turns remaining until 100% explored.

In AOSP Guide keeps reminding me to bring along a familiar. Not possible in the challenge path.

Great script. I use it daily.
    Originally Posted by Magus_Prime View Post
    That was updated a long time ago. Looks like you need to uninstall and reinstall the script to get some updates.

As of KolMafia r13878, I'm getting the following warnings.
    Code:
    Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (relay_guide.ash, line 4152)
    Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (relay_guide.ash, line 4154)
    Changing "the palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (relay_guide.ash, line 6903)
    Changing "The Palindome" to "Inside the Palindome" would get rid of this message (relay_guide.ash, line 7809)

Thanks for the beautiful and really useful tool. It's helped me get some far more decent ascensions than usual.

One thing I have noticed, can oil peak mention the fact that acquiring dress pants is a method to speed up reducing the pressure? For softcore, it's a decent pull, and for hardcore if you have enough +item you can get them to drop with a small amount of effort.

Thanks.