New Content - Implemented You, Robot - Spring Challenge Path

MCroft

Developer
Staff member
r20645 patches the compact side panel to solve the problem of Robocore Disco Bandits who were getting an ArrayOutOfBounds Exception when the game added both the two new robot stats and Disco Momentum.

Change adds Robocore to the if/else sequence, because Robocore/Sauceror/DB/noob/SP/etc are not actually mutually exclusive, but effectively mutually exclusive for the char pane stats.

h/t: Soolar

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Something in the change made for r20637 isn't working as expected. Here's what happened:
  • Had the equip a weapon robot arm with the Fourth of May Cosplay Sabre equipped
  • Changed to the sniper rifle arm
  • Adventured
  • Changed back to the arm that allows equipping a weapon
  • The mafia gear pane still had the sabre equipped when it wasn't
I didn't think to check whether the equipment pane still had it as equipped when the sniper arm was in play.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Something in the change made for r20637 isn't working as expected. Here's what happened:
  • Had the equip a weapon robot arm with the Fourth of May Cosplay Sabre equipped
  • Adventured
I didn't think to check whether the equipment pane still had it as equipped when the sniper arm was in play.
I can fix this but I'll need to test it tomorrow.

Ryo_Sangnoir

Developer
Staff member
There are 12 combat skills, gained by having the appropriate appendage. Patch attached to add the skills, no checking or anything:

Attachments

• roboskills.txt
    829 bytes · Views: 2

gausie

Staff member
There are 12 combat skills, gained by having the appropriate appendage. Patch attached to add the skills, no checking or anything:
Thank you, I kept forgetting to collect the skill details as I cycled through having them!

hesuchia

A couple more bosses:

Code:
*** Monster 'The Artificial Wisniewski' has monsterId = 2208 and image 'roboss_dude.gif'
*** Monster 'the Nautomatic Sorceress' has monsterId = 2210 and image 'roboss_sorc.gif'
*** Monster 'the Gobot King' has monsterId = 2202 and image    'roboss_goblin.gif'
*** Monster 'Groarbot' has monsterId = 2207 and image 'roboss_groar.gif'

Last edited:

gausie

Staff member
  • Adventured
Should be fixed in r20650 fingers crossed

hesuchia

Another boss that's not updating quest tracking
Code:
*** Monster 'the Robonerdagon' has monsterId = 2203 and image    'roboss_dagon.gif'

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Starting a new run does not reset the info from get_campground()
Logging out and logging back in again fixes the problem.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
using the spinal-fluid-covered emotion chip does not set the $skill[Emotionally Chipped] as learned/permed/available

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Something else is happening where Mafia is not recognizing changes in max MP (from equipment and buffs). 'refresh all' fixes the issue.
This comes into play when casting (or trying to cast) many 'Seek out a Bird' and mp costs are high

hesuchia

Level 13 quest text to add for tracking:

Code:
Robot, I've got big news -- It's time for the big mission, the one we've secretly been training and testing you for this whole time. We need you to go to the Nearby Plains, to the Lair of the Naughty Sorceress. Destroy her and rescue the kidnapped -- kingnapped -- King Ralph XI, and we'll release you from your servitude and let you live autonomously. Well, "live" in quotes, ha ha. We'll need to install these Three Laws of Robots Not Killing the Council in your head, but we can talk about that once you've finished the mission.

Boss Bat quest text for tracking:
Code:
Well, robot, it looks like you're ready for... I said the Tavern was the final exam, didn't I? Well, forget that, this is the actual final exam -- it's time for you to go defeat a boss. If that wad of silver tinsel they made your brain out of has sufficient computational power to figure out how to do that all on your own, maybe the Good Fairy will turn you into a real boy or girl. No, just kidding, you're gonna be a robot forever. The boss you're looking for is in the Bat Hole, out in the Nearby Plains. I'd say "break a leg", but please don't, they were expensive.

Last edited:

kazgar

In a not very important but nice to have request, can mafia set a reminder to spend any leftover energy before freeing King Ralph? 50ish adventures or some otherwise useful MUS down the electronic drain.

gausie

Staff member
Something else is happening where Mafia is not recognizing changes in max MP (from equipment and buffs). 'refresh all' fixes the issue.
This comes into play when casting (or trying to cast) many 'Seek out a Bird' and mp costs are high
I believe in the compact charpane this path literally doesn't show MP - is yours set to compact?

Magus_Prime

With r20652 there still seems to be an issue with tracking equipment slots. I switched from the hat head to the solar panel and a few turns later saw this in the gCLI:
Code:
*** slot hat: KoL has (none) but KoLmafia has Iunion Crown
The character had been wearing the Iunion Crown when I swapped parts.

The gear changer pane still has the hat equipped but greyed out.

Last edited:

hesuchia

Crypt quest council text for tracking:
Code:
Ah, good, our robot's back. We've got another task for you -- another robot-themed one, actually, which is a funny coincidence. There's a place we call the Cyrpt, which is out by the Misspelled Cemetary -- yes, we know, just add it to your dictionary. Anyway, usually we have to deal with evil emanations coming out of there, but this time it's just some kind of electromagnetic interference? Like errant radio waves or something, is what the lab guys said. They gave me this scanner thing to give to you, but I don't see anywhere to plug it in... I guess I can just duct-tape it to the top of you. There. You should be able to use that to find the source of the problem.

Oh, and I guess I should specify -- after you've found the source, eliminate it.

Highland Lord quest council text:
Code:
Okay, robot -- can I call you Robby? No? Well, I don't think you have a say in it really, Robby. Anyway, there's another guy we need to loan you out to -- a minor noble called Black Angus. His tower is in the Highlands, on the other side of the Orc Chasm. Go see if you can fix whatever problem he's having.

matt.chugg

Code:
[779] Visiting Dr. Awkward's office
Encounter: Dr. Awkward
Encounter:    Tobias J. Saibot
*** Monster 'Tobias J. Saibot' has monsterId = 2204    and image 'roboss_saibot.gif'