New Content - Implemented You, Robot - Spring Challenge Path

matt.chugg

You're a robot,
Theres a whole new enery/adventures system, no food booze spleen
Hats, weapon, offhand and pants only when robot is configured to be able to wear them
No shirt, back accessories (that I've found) **accessories are in fact equippable

Probably going to need a fair amount of debug code for quest tracking which I dind't think about earlier so will just start with items and monsters

All the non-boss monsters seem the same, but bosses are replaced (and have MM entries so looks like i'm doing 3 runs at least)

from api.php
Code:
"path":"41"

Code:
Encounter: the Boss Bot
*** Monster 'the Boss Bot' has monsterId = 2201    and image 'roboss_bat.gif'

Code:
Encounter: the Gobot King
*** Monster 'the Gobot King' has monsterId =    2202 and image 'roboss_goblin.gif'

Code:
Unknown item found: robo-battery (10735, 319416752)
--------------------
10735    robo-battery 319416752 robobattery.gif usable q 0
# Item robo-battery
--------------------

Last edited:

Magus_Prime

Don't feel bad. I only figured it out at the end of the day. :rolleyes: There are so many new mechanics to figure out that it didn't even occur to me to check until late in the day.

matt.chugg

Crypt:

Missed initial council text

Code:
<p>We're still getting some kind of "broad-band electromagnetic radiation" coming out of the Cyrpt. Or at least, the lab geeks are, and they told us about it, so now we're telling <i>you</i> about it, and we want you to go there and stop it, whatever it is.</p>

Code:
<p>A robot dragon? I mean, dagon? Huh. That's weird. Well, good job destroying it! Probably we won't have to worry about any more of that sort of thing.</p>

Code:
Encounter: the Robonerdagon
*** Monster 'the Robonerdagon' has    monsterId = 2203 and image 'roboss_dagon.gif'

matt.chugg

Trapper

Code:
<p>Oh hey, Roboventurer -- or Adventurebot, or whatever the marketing guys end up deciding to call you -- you're just in time. Which is to be expected, I suppose. Anyway, there's a trapper out at Mt. McLargeHuge, in the Big Mountains, who's requested some assistance. Snow-covered mountains is probably not the best terrain situation for a robot, but we figured it'd be a good way to really put you to the test. I'll upload his location to your map directory thingy, so go see what he wants and deal with whatever it is.</p>

Code:
<p>Apparently, you still haven't dealt with whatever the trapper's problem is. Did we forget to make it clear that you're supposed to do what he tells you, the same as when <i>we</i> tell you to do things? Because if we didn't, then yeah -- he does have that command access, at least for now. So, y'know, get to it. Beep boop.</p>

Code:
Encounter: Groarbot
*** Monster 'Groarbot' has monsterId = 2207 and    image 'roboss_groar.gif'

Last edited:

King Dave

Black Angus Quest Text

Code:
Okay, robot -- can I call you Robby? No? Well, I don't think you have a say in it really, Robby. Anyway, there's another guy we need to loan you out to -- a minor noble called Black Angus. His tower is in the Highlands, on the other side of the Orc Chasm. Go see if you can fix whatever problem he's having.

Strange Leaflet Quest Text

Code:
This seems like it must be a mistake, but some mail came for you? Probably one of the programmers put your name on a junkmail list as a joke, or something, but here you go anyway.

gausie

D̰͕̝͚̤̥̙̐̇̑͗̒e͍͔͎͈͔ͥ̉̔̅́̈l̠̪̜͓̲ͧ̍̈́͛v̻̾ͤe͗̃ͥ̐̊ͬp̔͒ͪ
Staff member
Ok so jobs that need to be done:
  • Name the path etc
  • Recognise new council text
  • Support new items and monsters
  • Track scrap and energy
  • Track what the player's assembly configuration is (youRobotLeft, youRobotRight, youRobotTop, youRobotBottom -> the number suffixing the image tag probably)
  • Track CPU upgrades (youRobotCPU comma separated?)
  • Toggle modifiers from the assembly
  • Toggle use of certain slots from the assembly
  • Handle the choice adventures (just mark them as non-captive? Is there anything else we need to do?
Anything else?

Last edited:

dark_adonis

I'm tinkering with this as a layman so don't wait on me, but going through the code to try to update name of path, image, etc and add some support for recognizing path.

I notice "isPATH" vs "inPATH" is this an avatar thing (is vs non-avatar path for in)?

Also notice that support for eating/drinking uses in one place a set of || statements vs separate if statements is there a preference on that?

Also noticed/alerted on kol forums that the image for the path ascension history doesn't appear to be implemented. Should I wait for that before filling in the expected image?

Here's my attempt at step 1.

Attachments

• Adding_in_You,_Robot_Path_name,_id,_and_restrictions_.patch
    4.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

matt.chugg

Anything else?
Not right now

Level 10 council:

Code:
<p>Got a new job for you -- the Nearby Plains are filling up with garbage that's falling out of the sky. We were going to just send you out to clean it up, but the lab guys said it would be more efficient to have you stop the garbage at its source, and I guess I can't argue with that. I mean, I tried, but the nerds got all pouty. They wouldn't even listen to my idea of selling the place to Disney as a WALL-E theme park. But, whatever, so long as you deal with that trash one way or another.</p>

Code:
<p>Hey, seriously, we need you to go deal with that garbage that's piling up on the Nearby Plains. The roaches living in it aren't nearly as cute as the one in the cartoon.</p>

gausie

Staff member
I'm tinkering with this as a layman so don't wait on me, but going through the code to try to update name of path, image, etc and add some support for recognizing path.

I notice "isPATH" vs "inPATH" is this an avatar thing (is vs non-avatar path for in)?

Also notice that support for eating/drinking uses in one place a set of || statements vs separate if statements is there a preference on that?

Also noticed/alerted on kol forums that the image for the path ascension history doesn't appear to be implemented. Should I wait for that before filling in the expected image?

Here's my attempt at step 1.
Thanks for your first patch! r20634

dark_adonis

Council Level 10 quest complete:

Code:
Looks like you managed to stop that garbage falling out of the sky. The lab guys tell me I should be nicer to you, because they think maybe you're developing sentience, or sapience, or whatever? So, good job. Good job, robot. Who's a good robot? It's you, yes it is. Here, you can have this thing we found as a reward.

dark_adonis

Thanks for your first patch! r20634
It looks like one of the files didn't get included in the update, I checked the patch and I think I see the file being updated. (AscensionPath.java should have an update to include You, Robot) Not sure what is going wrong there, but included a patch to hopefully fix this.

Attachments

• Adding_in_You,_Robot_Path_name,_id,_and_restrictions_1.patch
    975 bytes · Views: 3

gausie

Staff member
How strange, that was present on my side and shows as committed in my local SVN logs but not in sourceforge... Very weird

Anyway, r20637 draws the rest of the owl. All that is left now is:
  • council text
  • new monsters
  • new item (just the battery? is there a reward item?)
  • some helper commands perhaps, but not necessary

gausie

Staff member
I'm playing through right now and throwing up a commit for anything I come across.

gausie

Staff member
Ok it looks like we should also track
  • How many times you've activated the chronolith
  • How many times you've collected energy

gausie

Staff member
Perhaps we want to make scrap and energy an AdventureResult? What do people think