Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

I don't know whether it can be made visible when the Combat Action Bar is enabled. If you go to the "Options" menu then, under that, to "Combat" deselect "Enable Combat Action Bar". After that you may have to close the relay browser and reload to see the change. Once you have text menu you should see a drop down menu with "run script". In that menu should be a selection for "WHAM dontuse".

I don't know whether it can be made visible when the Combat Action Bar is enabled. If you go to the "Options" menu then, under that, to "Combat" deselect "Enable Combat Action Bar". After that you may have to close the relay browser and reload to see the change. Once you have text menu you should see a drop down menu with "run script". In that menu should be a selection for "WHAM dontuse".
Ah ok, thanks 🙂

And the instruction will persist once I revert to using the action bar, right?

I found and clicked the dropdown menu item and all I got was a blank screen, as pictured in the attached screenshot.

Meanwhile, I've found out that the beehive is impossible to re-aquire by any means and the wall of skin is impossible to defeat without it so I guess the two of my three characters this happened to are just never going to ascend again! Oops, found out that it's actually reusable so there's no problem :D

Attachments

• kolblank.jpg
    kolblank.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Now it keeps trying to use red buttons even though I got rid of those, though. You or someone else mentioned the batbrain blacklist? What exactly would I have to put in which line of batbrain.ash? I'm sorry if I'm being too much trouble..

Now it keeps trying to use red buttons even though I got rid of those, though. You or someone else mentioned the batbrain blacklist? What exactly would I have to put in which line of batbrain.ash?
I wouldn't recommend editing the script for this. Here's a direct link to zarqon's instructions for using this piece of BatBrain's functionality: Blacklist

I suppose you could also closet any red buttons.

I wouldn't recommend editing the script for this. Here's a direct link to zarqon's instructions for using this piece of BatBrain's functionality: Blacklist

I suppose you could also closet any red buttons.
I read that post, but I don't have the blacklist file. Only BatMan files I have in my data folder are _happenings_[charname] for each of my 3 characters.

As for closeting them, I already went a step further and autosold them, but WHAM still tries using them, leading to a loop of looking for them that I have to stop manually every time it happens..

I did some more searching and the BatMan_blacklist_<username> file may not be automatically created. Here's zarqon's post on the subject: Blacklist and here's an example of how an item blacklist entry should look in the file:
use 2715 0
use 3118 0
use 3339 0
use 3391 0
use 4494 0
use 5048 0
Hope this helps.

I hope this hasn't been asked and answered repeatedly. I couldn't find documentation of this. When running any script relying on WHAM.ash, I get the following error and WHAM stops working:

Cannot store float [item] in drops of type int [item] (WHAM.ash, line 473, char 24 to char 37)
Consult script 'scripts\WHAM.ash' not found.
You're on your own, partner.

Additionally, when installing WHAM, I get this error, which I believe is part of BatBrain:

svn: E160013: '/AllenTuring/WitchessSolver/trunk' path not found: 404 Not Found (https://github.com)
Something went wrong while fetching svn directory info

Any help greatly appreciated!

Running KoLmafia r27935

I hope this hasn't been asked and answered repeatedly. I couldn't find documentation of this. When running any script relying on WHAM.ash, I get the following error and WHAM stops working:

Additionally, when installing WHAM, I get this error, which I believe is part of BatBrain:

Any help greatly appreciated!

Running KoLmafia r27935
Due to a recent KoLmafia update, I had to change line 473 in WHAM from
Code:
                    int[item] drops = item_drops(m);
to
Code:
                    float[item] drops = item_drops(m);

So, just got this error. Not sure if it's because I'd just freed the king or not. Been in casual, so nothing to pull from hagnk's. Didn't think to do "refresh all" before adventuring. Had been manually adventuring in the stew just fine.

Request 1 of 181 (Twitch: The Primordial Stew) in progress...

[2340] The Primordial Stew
Encounter: messenger RNA
Round 2: Rick Tyger executes a macro!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 1-shot with Stuffed Mortar Shell.
Round 2: Rick Tyger executes a macro!
Round 2: Rick Tyger casts STUFFED MORTAR SHELL!
Round 3: Xej ramps up their exothermic activity and bumps into your foe for 39 damage.
Round 3: messenger RNA takes 39 damage.
Round 3: Xej's very presence frightens your foe for 23 damage.
Round 3: messenger RNA takes 23 damage.
Round 3: Xej oozes into your foe for 12 damage.
Round 3: messenger RNA takes 12 damage.
Round 3: You don't actually see Ben bite your opponent, but you can tell he did because of the swelling. About 10 damage worth of swelling, it looks like.
Round 3: messenger RNA takes 10 damage.
Round 3: Your opponent writhes as it takes 3 damage from the poison.
Round 3: messenger RNA takes 3 damage.
Round 3: Xej oozes in between you and your foe and looks helpless. Your foe reconsiders its plans.
WHAM: We are going to 1-shot with cold mashed potatoes.
WHAM: Critical error: An empty macro was generated. Please report this in the WHAM thread of kolmafia.us.

Preference _concoctionDatabaseRefreshes changed from 798 to 799

And it just happened again. I'm wondering if it's because WHAM is assuming a 1-shot and that isn't strong enough to 1-shot?

[2342] The Primordial Stew
Encounter: proto-protozoa
Round 1: Rick Tyger executes a macro!
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
WHAM: We are going to 1-shot with Lunging Thrust-Smack.
Round 1: Rick Tyger executes a macro!
Round 1: Rick Tyger casts LUNGING THRUST-SMACK!
Round 2: proto-protozoa takes 323 damage.
Round 2: Xej ramps up their exothermic activity and bumps into your foe for 32 damage.
Round 2: proto-protozoa takes 32 damage.
Round 2: Xej's very presence frightens your foe for 30 damage.
Round 2: proto-protozoa takes 30 damage.
Round 2: Xej oozes into your foe for 1 damage.
Round 2: proto-protozoa takes 1 damage.
Round 2: Ben delicately nibbles your opponent's leg. So delicately, in fact, that your opponent doesn't even notice until the leg turns black and falls off, causing 9 damage.
Round 2: proto-protozoa takes 9 damage.
Round 2: Your opponent writhes as it takes 9 damage from the poison.
Round 2: proto-protozoa takes 9 damage.
Round 2: You lose 16 hit points
WHAM: We are going to 2-shot with Curse of Marinara and Stuffed Mortar Shell.
WHAM: Critical error: An empty macro was generated. Please report this in the WHAM thread of kolmafia.us.

I saw that too. I'm guessing it has some effect WHAM doesn't know about, but meh. Still I hate looping out of easy combats.

Back