Winterbay's Helpful Automatic Monsterbasher (WHAM)

Valliant

A quick note/warning. WHAM is using the combat items obtained in KOLHS. Perhaps those should be blacklisted by default? They're significantly more useful as crafting materials than they are in combat.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Actually, I believe you can't take the items outside of KOLHS, as most of them are either quest items or taken away when you graduate (i.e. defeat Mooney or drop the path).

Winterbay

Can someone give me a list of items?

I'll probably be stuck in aftercore for a couple of more weeks doing dreadsylvania runs (don't want to lose my level 31 stats when I got them and do not really need the karma, also not that fond of highschool as a theme...).

Edit: Also, not sure what was the problem in the stasising fight. It should've aborted due to "maxhp reached" a lot sooner than it did which is strange.

Valliant

The set of combat items in KOLHS, with item number:

surgical tape : 6653
illegal firecracker : 6656
twisted piece of wire : 6370
angry inch : 6374
chlorine crystal : 6379
nugget of sodium : 6382
jigsaw blade : 6384
wood screw : 6385
blob of wood glue : 6387

Also, a permanent blacklist might be preferred, as the crafting materials don't vanish at the end of ascension like the crafted items do.

Last edited:

Winterbay

Ok, so I've updated WHAM (not beta yet) to try and add those to the blacklist at runtime. If anyone would be willing to test it that'd be great :)

Winterbay

Also, I'm happy to report that WHAM (thanks to BatBrain) happily beat down Falls-From-The-Sky without me having to remember which skill goes with which stupid attack. Great!

Crowther

Also, I'm happy to report that WHAM (thanks to BatBrain) happily beat down Falls-From-The-Sky without me having to remember which skill goes with which stupid attack. Great!
That's pretty cool. It's not that I can't remember, I can't even get it right when I consult the wiki. The two "hide behinds" are especially hard. As mafia and batbrain add more information about higher kiss monsters, things will get even better.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I have it on my list to auto-select the correct skill in the Relay Browser when you fight Falls-From-Sky and he signals his special moves, just like we do for the Mer-kin gladiators you face in the Colosseum.

It's going to be at least five days before I face him for the first time, so, from my viewpoint, there is no rush. :)

I'm glad I got a manual. It's snippets like this that fit in perfectly with my awesome sense of humor. :D

Code:
"The Mer-kin switchblade takes a few minutes to learn, but a lifetime to master, especially now that you're missing half your fingers."

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
As mafia and batbrain add more information about higher kiss monsters, things will get even better.
What do you want to bet: by the time "mafia and batbrain" get things perfect, nobody will be doing Dreadsylvania any more.

I submitted a KoL bug report requesting that they mark up the fight.php page with something to indicate "kiss level" (or "difficulty level") for the monster you are fighting. If they do that, KoLmafia will be able to determine the exact kiss level for the zone - and a consult script will have access to the exact kiss level. Until then, it will be all heuristics: what was the last kiss level we saw in the zone? Did you just gain X turns of an effect, from which we can conclude kiss level is X+1? And so on.

I often do get a response to my requests to make something easier for KoLmafia - but it may be a year later. Or never.

For what it's worth, I gave exact specifications for two alternatives for how they could do this that would be useful. That won't mean that CDM will spend any time on this, since Jick is constantly pulling him to do things that do things that don't help only those who use KoLmafia or KoLproxy.

I wish I could be on /dev like Eleron, so I could make my suggestions a little more directly. :-/

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
What do you want to bet: by the time "mafia and batbrain" get things perfect, nobody will be doing Dreadsylvania any more.

People were still doing Hobopolis up to a week before Dreadsylvania was released, so I suspect that Dreadsylvania will be interesting to people for years to come. Or, at least, until another large scale Clan Dungeon is released.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Dreadsylvania gave people a reason to return to Hobopolis even (hardmode Mayor Ghost). Clusterbombs will probably find some niche outside Dread, and people will always want phials.

Crowther

The sea worked that way for me. I was done by the time things were mostly worked out. Some people were slower, because they did hardcore runs. As Bale says, people will still be in Dreadsylvania. It's going to take me a very long time to get everything and once I do, I will still be helping clannies get stuff.

However, I won't take your bet. I believe you and I have similar definitions of perfect and I don't believe Dreadsylvania handling will ever reach that threshold.

Bale

Minion
On the main KoL forum I saw this interesting exchange:

Caelic said:
How can I get mafia to automatically stop when I've tamed my mighty seahorse? For now I've just got a css setup to use an item I don't have when I'm fighting him, to stop automation.

RNG-HeHateMe said:
I just put an abort after combat in my css script for the seahorse.

That would probably be a good idea for WHAM also.

Winterbay

I have an attempt to do that coded, but I cannot check in things to sourceforge at the moment which is incredibly frustrating. It'll get in there as soon as that fixes itself...

Valliant

I just had WHAM decide that Larry of the Field of Signs was the perfect target to banish...

Code:
[67] The Laugh Floor
Encounter: Larry of the Field of Signs
Round 0: ililili wins initiative!
ATT: 231 (94% × 20.03, death in 25)
DEF: 224 (95.45% × 125.34 (5), win in 2)
HP: 231, Value: 835.31 μ, RES: 0
WHAM: Monster HP is 231.0.
WHAM: Running SmartStasis
Profit per round: ActionProfitDamageOtherbase; Mini-Hipster (6.9μ)6.9μ(10.28) (10.28) Actual: 20.56 (-0.34 μ/dmg)Att: -0.29 (-0.02 DPR) Def: -0.29 HP: -2.42 MP: 2.42
WHAM: Starting evaluation and performing of attack
WHAM: We are going to 6-shot with Give Your Opponent the Stinkeye, Give Your Opponent the Stinkeye, Give Your Opponent the Stinkeye, Give Your Opponent the Stinkeye, Give Your Opponent the Stinkeye and attack with your weapon.
Round 1: ililili executes a macro!
Round 1: ililili casts GIVE YOUR OPPONENT THE STINKEYE!

EDIT: Maybe it's thinking that since "GIVE YOUR OPPONENT THE STINKEYE!" is a 0 cost, 0 damage action it's a fantastic stasis option? Personally, I'm blacklisting it right now, but it seems like a bug.

Last edited:

Winterbay

No, it did not try to stasis with it, it tried to cast it 5 times and then attack normally as the way of killing the monster.

This is apparently yet another example of WHAM deciding to use custom actions even though it shouldn't. It would've been interesting to get a 10 verbosity fight of that so that I can see why it isn't skipped :(

Winterbay

Verbosity 10 does not perform anything so any combat where Stinkeye is a potential option would be sufficient for the need, if you want it to happen again and catch the data there you need verbosity 9 instead.