New Content - Implemented West of Loathing - 2016 Spring Challenge!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 16776 adds that.

Does that maximizer realize that you can only have one song, one expression, and one walk at a time? I can't test it right now since I have turns of Cautious Prowl active, but if I maximize for "item drop, meat drop", it recommends "Leisurely Amble" - which will cancel "Cautious Prowl".

Now, I didn't add code to the maximizer to understand that, but when I looked to see if it handled Songs and Expressions, I found nothing.

Yendor

Does that maximizer realize that you can only have one song, one expression, and one walk at a time? I can't test it right now since I have turns of Cautious Prowl active, but if I maximize for "item drop, meat drop", it recommends "Leisurely Amble" - which will cancel "Cautious Prowl".

Now, I didn't add code to the maximizer to understand that, but when I looked to see if it handled Songs and Expressions, I found nothing.

Checking for maximize "elemental dmg" suggests both "icy glare" (sic) and "Snarl of the Timberwolf", as well as both Song of Sauce and Song of the North. Checking for spell damage suggests all the Flavour of Magic intrinsics, although I have one on already. In no case does it realize you can only have one of each.

Is there any way to pour cans of beans on a plate, other than manually clicking "plate" in the relay browser?

I keep forgetting to eat those delicious little legumes, since the canned versions don't show up in the Food section of the Item Manager. So it'd be nice to script plating them.

Bale

Minion
Nope. There is no way to do that. It would be nice if mafia knew that plates of beans could be made from cans of beans. It would also be nice if mafia could let you convert them by choosing "use" in the mafia frame.

Calling chat commands is not exactly mafia functionality. Nor is it something I can do by clicking a simple button.

My bad. I assumed Mafia could call chat commands because of the other thread where it was pointed out that it was intentional functionality to stop griefing that Mafia could not pull the names of those present in any chat channels but /clan. I assumed that such was to stop people from writing scripts to message everyone in /newbie or some other such thing.

Bale

Minion
You can call chat commands, but it isn't exactly mafia functionality and it follows a very different set of rules. It would work like cli_execute("/use Hellfire Spicy Beans"); to just send the chat command straight to chat, but it isn't a mafia command so there is no error checking to see if you are doing anything sane. Any decent scripter would prefer a use() command for several reasons.

digitrev

This won't be all that surprising, but WoL aftercore does not get the FoB extra fullness.

Code:
> fullness_limit

Returned: 31

> my_fullness

Returned: 16

Crowther

This won't be all that surprising, but WoL aftercore does not get the FoB extra fullness.
Sad, but not surprising. I too experienced that this morning. It made eatdrink.ash go into an infinite server hitting loop.

EDIT: Although it was a slow one that spent most of its time computing things on my computer and not hitting the server, just to be clear.

The skill Beanweaver doubles the enchantments of the offhand cans of beans (similar to the AT skill Accordion Appreciation). Mafia is currently unaware of this enchantment doubling.

Lxndr

Whenever I ascend AWOL, I get the three Tales of the West. But, for some reason, only two of them get 'use' links - Beanslinging and Snake Oiling. Cow Punching, for some reason, is ignored. (Sure, I can use it from inventory, but I don't get the automagic use link that the other two get).

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
You can use it from the charpane. "You can do some Cow Puncher learnin'" or something will take you right there.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Whenever I ascend AWOL, I get the three Tales of the West. But, for some reason, only two of them get 'use' links - Beanslinging and Snake Oiling. Cow Punching, for some reason, is ignored. (Sure, I can use it from inventory, but I don't get the automagic use link that the other two get).
I can confirm this. Unfortunately, I forgot to get a DEBUG log.

I notice that all three Tales of the West books appear in my General Inventory in the Item Manager, but the Cow Punching one is not in the Recent pane.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I don't need your screen shot since, as I said, I confirmed it (visually) myself.
I expect to ascent today as a Cow Puncher. I'll get a DEBUG log. I hope.