Universal Recovery Script

Theraze

So... AlwaysContinue forces it into purchase mode 3, since cost is always checked? You should still be able to say that you don't want certain things to be used. I heartily enjoy the ability to disable using red pixel potions between when I pick up the digital key and the top of the tower...

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
You should still be able to say that you don't want certain things to be used. I heartily enjoy the ability to disable using red pixel potions between when I pick up the digital key and the top of the tower...

One word. Closet.

Also, not sure what you consider different purchase modes and which one is 3.

Theraze

Actually *gasps* opened the script and looked at the code. Do you have auto satisfy with mall/NPC disabled? If so, and you want UR to purchase, the preference you may want to change is baleUr_Purchase... 1 means use your mafia preferences, 2 means use NPCs, 3 means use the mall.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
@Theraze - OK. I remember the preference but in the GUI it is radio buttons so the particular value didn't register with me.

@xKiv - No problem. All my "issues" with UR are with ascending characters during run.

Pyren

I tried looking in the thread, but it is very long, and my forum search skills are fairly limited, so I apologize if this has been addressed, but UR had some quirky behavior while Basementing. Nothing serious, but while restoring HP, it would visit Nuns before casting Cocoon. I did the Nuns as a Hippy this run, so they don't even restore MP (not sure if the script knows that, though). It just seems like a minor waste, is all - here's the snippet:

Restoring HP! Currently at 1311 of 6474 HP, 913 of 3508 MP, current meat: 2455032 ... Target HP = 6474.
Get thee to a nunnery!
You gain 1,000 hit points
Casting Cannelloni Cocoon 1 times...
You gain 4,163 hit points
Cannelloni Cocoon was successfully cast.

Perhaps if the script knows Cocoon will be one of the recovery steps, all other HP restores should be ignored?

Bale

Minion
That could definitely stand to be improved I suppose. Unfortunately if you have more than 3000 HP the Nuns are pretty useless since you'll always use Cocoon so the Nuns will never be used. You're wasting something which just isn't very useful. I guess that's why I didn't take the trouble to write that in. That and the fact that I usually think of the Nuns as a full heal or an MP heal -- my bad.

Even if you use all three nun visits, it is only half of your HP.

I'll get to it, but I don't think it hurts you much to waste it.

Bale

Minion
Pyren, I've fixed that in my local copy. I'm waiting to update it until after KoLmafia adds April Shower support. Just because I think that support for a 1000 MP restorative should be an option, even if you opt not to use it.

The shower will probably have options for restoring MP:
  • Never use
  • Use in hardcore/ronin only
  • Use in aftercore only
  • Use whenever helpful

Anyone have comments on how the shower should be supported by this script?

Last edited:

shazbot

This idea may be a bit overboard and handled well enough with your proposed options, but the shower has other useful functionality, so perhaps increase the 'cost' of using the shower, weighed with how much it would cost to heal that amount of mana in another mechanism and amount of the 1000mp heal is wasted.

Bale

Minion
The other useful functionality is the reason that I'm giving people so many condition to not use it. As much as I would love to implement your suggestion it seems impossible to me because the cost of using the shower is entirely subjective.

Perhaps you are suggesting that I ask people to put a meat cost on using the shower and then use it if the cost of restoration is less than that cost? Even that seems like the wrong path to me since many people will want it used at any opportunity because they hope to get the recipes. Others won't want it used regardless of the circumstances because they want to use it only for stats. Then there's the group that will want me to compare it to the current mall price of double-ice shards. Loi. Yeah, I think its better just to ask if they want it to be used.

If you can think of a method to implement your concept, then please tell me in greater detail what you would like.

shazbot

The other useful functionality is the reason that I'm giving people so many condition to not use it. As much as I would love to implement your suggestion it seems impossible to me because the cost of using the shower is entirely subjective.

Perhaps you are suggesting that I ask people to put a meat cost on using the shower and then use it if the cost of restoration is less than that cost? Even that seems like the wrong path to me since many people will want it used at any opportunity because they hope to get the recipes. Others won't want it used regardless of the circumstances because they want to use it only for stats. Then there's the group that will want me to compare it to the current mall price of double-ice shards. Loi. Yeah, I think its better just to ask if they want it to be used.

If you can think of a method to implement your concept, then please tell me in greater detail what you would like.

Yeah, I was thinking of the meat/mp path, but as you said, you have enough options in there to handle most cases. Having a user be left to define meat values for it is just too complex, and I don't see it being used often.

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
Latest UR and latest SmartStasis. Actually have them both enabled ;-) Auto remove malignant status effects is unchecked in mafia. I gain the effect Temporary Amnesia. Is it reasonable to expect something to try and remove the effect? Automation stopped because I was trying to remember a skill. I have a vague recollection that it was a treated as a removable malignant status effect by mafia and so am wondering if this is something that needs to be considered along with the advice to uncheck the mafia preference.

Thanks.

Bale

Minion
That effect sucks. Unfortunately it can only be cured with a soft. If you really want it removed put it in your mood since many people will be really upset using up a valuable sgeea in the middle of their run when they might be able to deal with the problem another way. Lots of things are treated as bad by mafia's automatic status effect removal and if you don't care about how it choses to remove them, then please feel free to enable it.

Remember that moods can be used to uneffect status effects if you don't mind automating the use of a sgeea

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've never been optimal enough to micromanage the use of SGEEA but I can understand why others might. Now that I don't expect UR to handle it, I can deal with it. Thanks.

slyz

Developer
The beauty of Universal Recovery is that it can be used even in speed runs without too much micromanagement.

I only need to play with my HP/MP recovery settings (and eventually the "hot tub" or "scroll of drastic healing" checkboxes) to make it behave the way I want, and it didn't take long to learn how to do that.

If the script starts using SGEEAs, I would still use UR of course, but it would add the hassle of closeting/uncloseting them ^^

Bale

Minion
Universal recovery v 3.85 & Configuration Relay v 1.14 released!

Changelog:
version 3.85 April 13, 2011
  • Added support for beer-scented teddy bear and comfy pillow
    (They are only used if you have your organ of steel.)
  • Hippy side nuns now cooperate better with Cannelloni Cocoon
  • Temporary Amnesia is Hot Tub worthy -- warning message otherwise
  • Use April Shower for MP if enabled using relay script v1.14

• Configuration Relay version 1.14 April 13, 2011
    • Added configuration for April Shower
    • Only show VIP options if you have a VIP Key

Download Universal Recovery v3.85 here:
(Universal_Recovery.ash goes in the /scripts folder)

Download relay_Universal_Recovery v1.14 here:
(relay_Universal_Recovery.ash goes in the /relay folder)​

Last edited:

tgetgel

Feature request - play nicely with CounterChecker.ash.

If the counters in CounterChecker.ash are decremented when UR uses the campground or the clan sofa to recover, the opportunity governed by the counter, like semi-rares, might be lost. Personally, right now, I am only concerned with the semi-rares (in kittycore, then doing BM cycle), but others might have further concerns. I am out of adventures, so I cannot test if the CounterChecker counters are decremented by resting.

Proposal: If the CounterChecker counters are decremented when resting or recovering on the sofa, determine the number of turns resting that will be needed, then check the CounterChecker counters; if the number of turns of rest is greater than the remaining counter, rest until the counter is zero, then stop or perform the action based on the counter, then finish resting. (I know there is more to this than simply that.)

Last edited:

Theraze

They should be, as long as mafia is aware of the action costing an adventure. CounterChecker runs based on mafia's awareness of adventures being spent, not UR. So... FReq is already working. :)