Universal Recovery Script

Try deleting recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from Mafia's /data folder.

So I did this, and still got errors:

Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '2011-06-08T05:30:03-05:00' to ''...
Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '2011-06-08T05:30:03-05:00' to ''...
recoveryScript_map_v2.txt =>
...recoveryScript_map_v2.txt updated.
Searching for "ancient Magi-Wipes"...
Search complete.
Searching for "phonics down"...
Search complete.
_meatpermp => 4.0
_meatperhp => 0.76656777
_version_BalesUniversalRecovery => 3.891
No match attempted or previous match failed (Universal_recovery.ash, line 1650)
Did not fully restore HP for some reason.

Now you get an error from the part of the code that checks the version. Are you on a laggy connection ?

Nope, Verizon FioS ... really fast actually.

I went through my DEBUG log and found this:

Invalid line in data file: "Notes from the Elfpocalypse, Chapter I 30
40 30 40 35.0 35.0" (Universal_recovery.ash, line 137)

errors continue:

Invalid line in data file: "Wint-O-Fresh mint 0 0 3 5 0.0 4.0" (Universal_recovery.ash, line 143)
Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '2011-06-08T05:30:03-05:00' to '2011-06-08T05:30:03-05:00'...
Map modified within foreach (Universal_recovery.ash, line 174)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Wow. Those errors just don't make any sense to me.

I understand them, but they shouldn't happen in that context. And more importantly, why doesn't anyone else see any errors in code that runs for everyone, every time they recover anything, regardless of their character's specifics. (Well, the last error is in Beecore code, but that's still pretty common.)

Anyway, that code looks kosher so I don't know why even one person would have an error. I'm stumped.

Here's the latest one

Invalid line in data file: "pixellated candy heart 4 5 0 0 4.5 0.0" (Universal_recovery.ash, line 1633)
Updating recoveryScript_map_v2.txt from '' to '2011-06-08T05:30:03-05:00'...class java.lang.NullPointerException: null
java.lang.NullPointerException

I am getting an entire debug log.. you want me to post the entire thing?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Sure, post the debug log. I can't make heads or tails of those things, but maybe slyz will find a clue why you have these errors.

Didn't have the option to attach until I went into advanced mode.
Hopefully this worked.

Attachments

• DEBUG_20110801.txt
    108.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Bale

Minion
You should post the debug log as an attachment. Please edit that post accordingly since the huge wall of text is troublesome. As the debug log says,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
KoLmafia v14.7 r9695, Mac OS X, Java 1.6.0_26
Please note: do not post this log in the KoLmafia thread. If you
would like the dev team to look at it, please write a bug report
at kolmafia.us. Include specific information about what you were
doing when you made this and include the log as an attachment.
Timestamp: Mon Aug 01 14:51:57 EDT 2011

Allucaneet

I checked the "visit the nuns" box for the HP-autorecovery. Why is it that it doesn't even visit the nuns, when it needs to? I finished the nuns quest as a hippy, if that helps.

Winterbay

I checked the "visit the nuns" box for the HP-autorecovery. Why is it that it doesn't even visit the nuns, when it needs to? I finished the nuns quest as a hippy, if that helps.

How much were it to restore? I think it will deprecate the option if it will waste a lot of it.

Theraze

Another weird bug here:
Restoring HP! Currently at 52 of 90 HP, 49 of 216 MP, current meat: 2490 ... Target HP = 86.
Restoring MP! Currently at 52 of 90 HP, 49 of 216 MP, current meat: 2490 ... Target MP = 53.
You need 1 more six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola to continue.
Purchasing magical mystery juice (1 @ 100)...
You acquire an item: magical mystery juice
You spent 100 Meat
Purchases complete.
I think this is why it's trying...
> inv new cloaca

New Cloaca-Cola (6)

> inv six new cloaca
It broke up the pack earlier, but never used it. Not sure though why it thinks a 2600 or 21690 value item (quote follows) was better than a 100 meat item.
> mall_price new cloaca

Searching for "New Cloaca-Cola"...
Search complete.
Returned: 2600

> mall_price six new cloaca

Searching for "six-pack of New Cloaca-Cola"...
Search complete.
Returned: 21690
I needed 4 mp (officially), and with a 35lb data spider, regenerating mp in combat is easy...

Bale

Minion
Allucaneet: Winterbay has the truth of it. It will only use the nuns for recovery when you are very low on HP so as to not waste such a powerful and limited use healing.

Theraze: Your HP and MP seem a bit low for aftercore. Are you still in hardcore/ronin. If so, then that is your answer. UR has no heuristic to judge your ability to regenerate MP in combat.

Theraze

Yeah, that's still in HC... but why would it prefer to spend a 2600 meat item (or 6 of them) instead of a 100 meat item?

Bale

Minion
Yeah, that's still in HC... but why would it prefer to spend a 2600 meat item (or 6 of them) instead of a 100 meat item?

Because it is completely ignoring the meat value and only caring about using up the most powerful items when you are capable of making use of that much healing.

Theraze

Ah... so the only way to protect SR is to closet, etc. So... still bugged in that it's trying to use the 6-pack instead of the individual can though.

Bale

Minion
It should be trying to use the 6-pack to break it down to cans, then use the cans. Since you already broke it down to cans I wonder why that's happening. I will confess to never having tested that.

Winterbay

Got an interesting error today. Adventuring in the Alcove in the relay browser. I did not click the HP-restore link, but I have Mafia set to upkeep my HP/MP in manual adventuring. The following transpired after a fight:

Code:
Restoring HP! Currently at 18 of 54 HP, 183 of 304 MP, current meat: 977 ... Target HP = 52.
Restoring HP! Currently at 18 of 54 HP, 183 of 304 MP, current meat: 977 ... Target HP = 52.
Casting Disco Power Nap 1 times...
Casting Disco Power Nap 1 times...
You gain 40 hit points
Disco Power Nap was successfully cast.
Disco Power Nap was successfully cast.
Map modified within foreach (Universal_recovery.ash, line 174)

Now, line 174 does not have a foreach, but the lines above it is in one so ehh what?

(also, the fight before this ended with a "Expression syntax error for 'modifier_eval()': expected end, found olfman Nardz" but that is most likely a completely different error)

Bale

Minion
Captain Kirk was also reporting this, but I just don't know. It's totally fine to remove the key currently being checked in the foreach as long as I don't remove a different key.

(also, the fight before this ended with a "Expression syntax error for 'modifier_eval()': expected end, found olfman Nardz" but that is most likely a completely different error)

That sounds like BatMan since I don't use modifier_eval(). Very strange that it is checking for a mangled restorative item.

Winterbay

Yeah I know, I tried to get it to come back but have failed so far. I tried getting a debug log with the map-error but a) a debuglog of batbrain, SS and spamattack is over 700MB (and the fight wasn't even done by then) and b) it didn't reoccur :(

Oh well. The modification error has gone away now :)