The latest Daily Build

uffda

Any idea what was changed between versions 7839ish and 7978ish and up that broke tards framework in the relay browser? I've changed the pages it effects to include "http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php" and even "*127.0.0.1:*/*" but no luck

edit: hmm it still works fine if I use http://127.0.0.1:60080/main.html

Last edited:

Muhandes

Any idea what was changed between versions 7839ish and 7978ish and up that broke tards framework in the relay browser? I've changed the pages it effects to include "http://127.0.0.1:60080/game.php" and even "*127.0.0.1:*/*" but no luck

edit: hmm it still works fine if I use http://127.0.0.1:60080/main.html

Are you sure this is mafia's fault? There was a server side change which broke the framework, a fix was discussed here, and it works well for me.

uffda

Are you sure this is mafia's fault? There was a server side change which broke the framework, a fix was discussed here, and it works well for me.

well, it still works for me in daily build 7839 but the next version i have (7978) it doesn't and later versions like 8058 also don't, but in the versions that don't work normally, if i go in and use /main.html instead of /game.php it still works

i'll definitely check out that link though, thanks

piesquared

I had a minor problem crop up in the last day or two with the daily builds. Upon logging out, I have mafia set to run the following childishly simple script:

Code:
fold cheese diaper
outfit Adventures

And upon logging in an even simpler script removes my sword behind inappropriate prepositions.

Code:
unequip sword behind

This previously had the desired behavior, ensuring I always have on my RO outfit while also ensuring that I never have my Sword Behind screwing up my chat. (something I kinda wonder why more people don't do, but whatever.)

Last night, though, I noticed an error message flash just as mafia was closing. A little more checking today revealed that the "fold" command does not work when you are wearing the only appropriate item. (Example: I have one cheese item. I am wearing the stinky cheese eye. "Fold cheese diaper" gives the error: "You don't have anything transformable into that item!")

Uninformed speculation: probably has to do with the code added recently that attempts to minimize the damage you take folding by picking the best fold-able item. Perhaps it doesn't check equipped items?

It might be a good decision to pick an item that's not equipped if there are some that aren't... but when you only have one cheese item it's probably safe to assume that when you say "fold" you mean to unequip it first if necessary.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That's actually a new feature, not a bug. And Veracity did it on purpose. In case you have three foldable items of a type you can choose which one is folded into a new form by only unequipping that one. It grants greater control over the process.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Your idea makes sense for cases where you have exactly one and it's equipped, but what if you have two and they are both equipped? Half the time mafia will unequip the "wrong" one to make what you want, if it unequips stuff at all.

piesquared

So have it prefer unequipped items, or even return a "I'm not sure which one you want to fold" error when it can't figure it out. But returning a "You don't have anything transformable into that item!" error when I have only one item that can possibly be folded seems wrong.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I might change it like this:

- First look for squishable items in inventory. Choose the one which is "closest" to your final form and squish that through to completion. (This is the current method)
- If you have none in inventory, look at equipped items. If you have exactly one form (even in multiples - stinky cheese eyes?) - unequip one and do the above.
- If you have more than one form equipped, punt.

One report that inspired the current algorithm complained about unequipping all three eyes and squishing them varying number of times until a single diaper resulted. The current "squish to completion" method, which knows the squish sequence, solves that, and would still solve it, if we unequipped a single eye.

I'm back in Hardcore, and I'm not going to look at this until I free the king again.

namol

Daily build 8098 will not get past the "sending login request" phase. I have sent a debug log to Veracity. Build 8097 works.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Please stop sending debug logs for this issue, unless they end with a stack trace.
Without the stack trace from your console, there is nothing I can say about this.
Thanks.

Uh, Daily Build 8012 keeps thinking the rounds are one more than what KoL thinks they are. I'll be trying 8101, going to see what happens.
8101 works.

Last edited:

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
Uh, Daily Build 8012 keeps thinking the rounds are one more than what KoL thinks they are. I'll be trying 8101, going to see what happens.
8101 works.

You attack in one round, the damage shows up the next round. Mafia only shows the damage, so based on the request here stuff was changed.

slyz

Developer
Do you have "session log records monster health changes" checked in Preferences -> Session Logs ?

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
I am also drastically changing how we parse the fight page and there are bound to be bugs. For example, until this morning, it wasn't showing elemental damage.

Bug reports are fine, but they have to be a LOT more specific than "doesn't show any attacks landing". What kind of attack? Exactly what weapon, spell, skill, item? Etc.

slyz

Developer
I finally started adventuring today, and apparently the damage done on the round the monster is killed doesn't appear.

I'm not in the position to spade much right now (I'm doing a slimeling run), but this is what my combats look like:

Code:
[3829] The Slime Tube
Encounter: towering Slime leviathan
Round 0: slyz loses initiative!
Round 1: ML irritates the crap out of you and your opponent with his incessant high-pitched yapping.
You lose 1,278 hit points. (Slime damage)
Round 2: slyz casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: slyz attacks!
You gain 170 Muscleboundness
You gain 94 Magicalness
You gain 110 Roguishness

I'm waiting for a fumble or for someone else to post more info.

EDIT: I finally fumbled. Should I post other info? Or turn on debugging?

Code:
[3812] The Slime Tube
Encounter: huge Slime behemoth
Round 0: slyz loses initiative!
Round 1: ML irritates the crap out of you and your opponent with his incessant high-pitched yapping.
You lose 581 hit points. (Slime damage)
Round 1: slime5 takes 1 damage.
Round 1: slime5 takes 4 damage.
You lose 24 hit points. (hot damage)
Round 2: slyz casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 3: slyz attacks!
You lose 4 hit points.
Round 4: slyz attacks!
You gain 177 Strengthliness
You gain 103 Mysteriousness
You gain 100 Chutzpah

Last edited: