SmartStasis -- a complex script for a simple CCS

icon315

Can you make it to that the script does not try to do the turtle totem + hobo monkey trick while adv in hobopolis town square

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Simple way to circumvent this -- don't use a hobo monkey in Hobopolis. (Y'know, no meat drops to boost. =P)

zarqon

However, the script is supposed to be SmartStasis, so perhaps you should not be "in the clear" in the town square, since those hobo attacks cannot be prevented.

Raven: BatMan is delayed indefinitely until mafia tracks deleveling.

zarqon

Quantum Field Theory may be as good an explanation as any. :)

Theraze is exactly correct -- although, I still have plenty to do in the meantime -- the entire sorting algorithm still needs work, and familiars probably need restructuring (either move the switch statement from SS into dmg_familiars.txt, or move the data file into a massive, ungainly but slightly more efficient switch statement).

icon315

For some reason Smartstasis tries to heal some HP during combat, but since i am being attacked at the same time, it is just loosing HP and wasting MP

Theraze

Do you have a mosquito or other such HP restoring familiar? When I was using one, SS would run up to about 25-27 turns of stasis hoping it would restore HP before my normal combat would actually trigger... It would usually fail to succeed in the kill because of it. :)

icon315

Oh, i see...i was using a Slimeling. which did restore MP. But still, the whole trying to restore HP was not needed, since i lost more than i gained. I think it should only try to restore if it is Safe-Moxie

Bale

Minion
Oh, i see...i was using a Slimeling. which did restore MP. But still, the whole trying to restore HP was not needed, since i lost more than i gained. I think it should only try to restore if it is Safe-Moxie

It wasn't trying to restore HP, per se. It was trying merely to prolong the battle while your slimeling refilled MP. Restoring HP is a good way to do that since it uses few MP and prevents death at the same time. There should be a net gain. At least that is the intent.

Theraze

Does SmartStasis use any variables to decide when the amount you're getting hit is too hard, and that it's time to break out of the stasis? With the exception of gremlins, I try not to adventure too often in places where I actually get hit...

Bale

Minion
Does SmartStasis use any variables to decide when the amount you're getting hit is too hard, and that it's time to break out of the stasis? With the exception of gremlins, I try not to adventure too often in places where I actually get hit...

I always assumed that it did, but I just looked over SmartStasis and I cannot find evidence that it is considering how hard you're getting hit... If I'm missing it, I'd appreciate someone pointing it out.

Theraze

Yeah, I know that Levelup has a value for how much percentage of max health per hit is too much... Can't recall anything else offhand though. My guess is that moxie safety is probably a part of Batman, so... :D

matiash

There seems to be a problem with the Disco Bandit while learning the rave moves. Gothy Handwave should be cast only once per fight and then break. Otherwise, stasis items/repeated (useless) Gothy Handwaves are used afterwards until turn 26 or so.

I tried to fix this myself but I couldn't figure how to :(

Best regards.