Slime Tube Adventuring Script

Theraze

Just checking... you've completely closed and restarted mafia and the problem is still happening, right?

Theraze

Good that it worked. :) Sometimes outfits or other things just get a little confused, so a mafia restart will get things back in sync.

My favourite such confusion several months back was when it decided that the backup outfit wasn't the same as the Backup outfit, so it needed to abort. Nevermind the fact that there was only one outfit in question. Ah well... :)

Least you're set again! :D

Crowther

It would have been a PITA to gather 30 skill glands without this script. Thanks Alhifar. We appreciate the legacy that you've left.
I'm currently getting my mom factoids (one down) and my skill glands (three left) and this script ran smooth as silk. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, and I just got a slimeline using this script! Yay!

Last edited:

Mrs Trout

So.. the script is making me 'go get slimy' every other turn. Could this be because my auto attack CCS has entangling noodles first?

Edit: just changed it and yes it is, well that sucks. It seems it's only the first action that matters though so I can take 1 hit then cast noodles maybe.

Edit 2: ok it's doing it again now even though my first action is saucegeyser

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
The script is completely unaware of your CCS.

You'd need to post a lot more information for someone to figure out your issue, but it is probably because of your outfits and the amount of ML that you are running.

Alhifar

It actually is aware of your ccs as long as it doesn't contain kol macro lines. If you could paste the complete contents of your ccs, I'll be able to help a bit more when I get home this evening.

Mrs Trout

Was using:
item Rain-Doh blue balls
item Rain-Doh indigo cup
skill entangling noodles
skill saucegeyser x lots

However it might be my outfits as Bale says. I am wearing full slime hates it gear. Can I manually adjust the survival calculation? Because with the stunning I can handle the slimes.

roippi

Developer
You need a minimum ML outfit that is low in ML. Otherwise when you get slimed, it will be for a low # and you won't be able to survive the next round. The script is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

edit: oh, I missed the part where changing your CCS affects things. Ignore me.

Last edited:

Alhifar

I'd be willing to bet that the problem is that it doesn't know about any stunners besides entangling noodles. I'll fix that tonight and put out the first update in like a year. Maybe I'll try to figure out sourceforge to get it on svn.

Mrs Trout

ok, I have been slimebagging, in low ML gear. I tend to get 9-10 turns of coated in slime. Even with no protection that is survivable until 6 turns left (ignoring slime attacks).

If the script does recognise entagling noodles, I will try editing my ccs to start with that and see what it does.

With entangling noodles as first action and no rain-doh items in the ccs I get 2 maxml advs before it re-slimes me. This is good enough for now.

Last edited:

Alhifar

Alright, I've updated the script to add all of the multi-round stunners listed on the wiki. You can get the latest version of the script by typing
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/slimetube/code/
in the cli.

Rejem

Okay, I'm apparently a helpless n00b when it comes to this. When I run relay_slime (copied to my scripts directory) I get no reaction whatsoever. My old copy of slime.ash is borked, so I can't downgrade.
Thanks!

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
relay_slime is meant to be run from the relay browser. Put it in your relay directory, then look for the "-run script-" dropdown in the topmenu frame in the relay browser (relay_slime will be abbreviated to "slime").

Sentrion

I don't ever Slime anymore, but a clannie of mine was using this script and encountered a small problem. If you PvP, it lists the wrong clan, since it looks in your profile for the first instance of a link to a clan. The fix is easy.

Line 566 should be:
Code:
matcher m = create_matcher( "Clan: <b><a class=nounder href=\"showclan.php\\?whichclan\=\\d+\">([^<]+)" , visit_url( "showplayer.php?who=" + my_id().to_string() ) );

Edit: I totally forgot ASH now has variables for clan_id and clan_name. get_clan_name() should make that entire function unnecessary.

Last edited:

Finolin

I just started hitting the old Slime Tube in the last week or so and after a run or two to make sure I understood the mechanics, I turned things over to your script. Today I was able to solo the tube with minimal fuss. It's an excellent script and took a part of the game that was a bit tedious and let me focus on having the right outfits and buffs instead of doing the exact same set of clicks hundreds of times. I still need quite a few skill organs, and I plan to continue to use it until have all those sorted. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Fin

PsyMar

Logic error can cause beaten up on low-ML combat after chamois

I've been using an old version of this, and just encountered what I believe to be a problematic logic error which appears to not be fixed in the newest version (which I just downloaded to check). Namely, after detecting that you are low on HP, and that the slime damage will kill you from max HP (the "if( slime_damage() >= my_maxhp() )" section), it uses a chamois first, *then* restores hp based on slime_damage.

However, if a chamois has been successfully used, slime_damage will return too low a number, as you do *not* take 0 slime damage when entering combat with 0 turns of coated in slime, but are instead coated in slime and then take damage from it. As a result, this start-of-combat damage can cause you to be beaten up if you are low on HP prior to using the chamois.

This cost me a turn in my most recent slime run; fortunately I had "do not auto-recover health" and "stop if auto-recovery fails" set, so I only lost the one turn, and I have always left two turns of padding for mistakes and none of my squeezers screwed up this time.

A quick fix is to insert the line
Code:
if( !restore_hp(my_maxhp()) ) abort( "Unable to restore HP!" );
*before*
Code:
if( !chamois() ) abort( "Slime removal failed! You won't survive another turn!" );
and this should cause full (though perhaps more than needed) HP recovery before the otherwise-potentially-up-beating fight. (I expect Mafia to use Cannelloni Cocoon for almost all my HP recovery needs anyway, so I'm not worried about exactly how much HP is recovered; I leave it as an exercise to the reader to make this recover only the needed amount of HP based on ML, especially since Mafia doesn't know how many squeezes are in the tube...)

Khari

Trying to use the current version generates: "Bad skill value: "Eye of the Stoat" (relay_slime.ash, line 253)" because "the Seal Clubber skill Eye of the Stoat has been replaced with a new, more interesting skill. All of the passive benefits of Eye of the Stoat have just been cooked into the skills it modified, so nothing has been lost."

Not sure how much of a fix this requires since the revamps.