Scripting the birth of a new life.

stannius

As I was making my private changes to the script, I noticed you implemented one already (the longer brick window). Maybe I can convince you to add preferences for the other two?

1) No-breakfast.
that starting MP is too valuable to burn on noodles or whatever right away.
2) set_choice("oceanDestination", "show in browser", "At the Poop Deck: take the Wheel and Sail to Muscle stats");
Some fraction of the time, I do the first few parts of the nemesis quest in-run. Some other fraction of the time, I don't have the meat to spare for sailing. Even if you choose not to do this - what would be the proper syntax of such a line? I just commented it out (in the three places it appears) in my copy, but I'd actually prefer to change it to "show in broswer" proactively.

Bale

Minion
To figure out the value you want to set, I'd recommend that you set the choice in the GUI, then check the value for the oceanDestination property.

Edir

Nice script and I've been using it, but I've got a suggestion - maybe, by default, do not get a seal tooth in AoB.
It's precious extra meat spent you might need for MP and you don't ever need to stasis with it - by the time you can get to the gremlins you should have a spectre scepter anyway...

Last edited:

Donavin69

I found one choiceadv that didn't get set correctly, so I've added it to my copy of new_life:
PHP:
	set_choice(134, 1, "Wheel in the Pyramid: Turn Wheel");
	set_choice(135, 1, "Wheel in the Pyramid: Turn Wheel");

I don't want to not turn the wheel again for my 3 choiceadvs...

I found one choiceadv that didn't get set correctly, so I've added it to my copy of new_life:
PHP:
	set_choice(134, 1, "Wheel in the Pyramid: Turn Wheel");
	set_choice(135, 1, "Wheel in the Pyramid: Turn Wheel");

I don't want to not turn the wheel again for my 3 choiceadvs...

To be completely correct, you probably want to set up a conditional for the wheel in the pyramid because outside of Boris, the middle chamber is never optimal, which is why the default is set to ignore the adv.

roippi

Developer
To be completely correct, you probably want to set up a conditional for the wheel in the pyramid because outside of Boris, the middle chamber is never optimal, which is why the default is set to ignore the adv.

Untrue. There are situations where a hybrid strategy - getting 9 ratchets then going to the middle chamber to plant and turn the wheel - is optimal.

ETA: and, as lost says, if you get the NC, you might as well turn the wheel.

OK. I usually do normal, pull 1 ratchet, use it, farm 10 ratchets to finish the lower chamber and never hit the middle chamber until I farm kittys in aftercore where the wheel is just a wasted turn.

Winterbay

Isn't it also optimal to be in the middle chamber if you can't muster enough +item but do have the ability to muster the +NC?

Isn't it also optimal to be in the middle chamber if you can't muster enough +item but do have the ability to muster the +NC?

Which is why we're there in Boris which was the reason the poster said he made the change in his. And I just said it was conditional how you wanted that choice set.

Bale

Minion
Being in the zone isn't optimal (usually), but if you're in the zone for some reason then turning it is optimal.

I completely agree. If you get the adventure and haven't yet opened the way to Ed, then you should definitely turn the wheel. I always do. That will be set in the next release of this script.

OK. I usually do normal, pull 1 ratchet, use it, farm 10 ratchets to finish the lower chamber and never hit the middle chamber until I farm kittys in aftercore where the wheel is just a wasted turn.

I guess you'll have to remove the lines or else change the choices for aftercore. This is the opposite of an aftercore script. There are many options in this script which aren't set up for aftercore. That's why this script turns them back to ascension positive options. Maybe you need a kingLiberatedScript to set up your Pyramid for farming?

Last edited:

stannius

I would disagree, but would say the wait() should only happen if tent == true. Y U TRY HID FRM BRCKS???

I thought the whole point was so that clannies could brick you in the bung (or other target body part). I feel like I am misleading people when I accidentally post to clan, just to have them waste their bricks on my tent windows.

StDoodle

Minion
Stannius, are you manually doing some of the start-of-ascension stuff, including putting up a tent, THEN running newLife? That's the only way I can parse what you're saying... but it's not the usual use-case. By "tent = true" I figured you meant "script is configured to put up a tent," but it looks like you meant "tent still needs to be put up," which is different, and I dunno if newLife even checks for that (I think it just checks to see if you're starting from scratch or not, without individually checking things like tent status, but I could be wrong -- we do have get_campground() after all -- but meh, that would involve looking at the actual code).

Also, STOP HIDING FROM BRICKS! :p

Bale

Minion
I think it just checks to see if you're starting from scratch or not, without individually checking things like tent status, but I could be wrong -- we do have get_campground() after all -- but meh, that would involve looking at the actual code

I'll save you the effort. It doesn't check for the presence of an already existing tent. I just assumed newLife is run before anything else. It wouldn't be hard to add though, it just seems so unnecessary.

stannius

Stannius, are you manually doing some of the start-of-ascension stuff, including putting up a tent, THEN running newLife? That's the only way I can parse what you're saying... but it's not the usual use-case. By "tent = true" I figured you meant "script is configured to put up a tent," but it looks like you meant "tent still needs to be put up," which is different, and I dunno if newLife even checks for that (I think it just checks to see if you're starting from scratch or not, without individually checking things like tent status, but I could be wrong -- we do have get_campground() after all -- but meh, that would involve looking at the actual code).

Also, STOP HIDING FROM BRICKS! :p

Normally this comes up because I play on two computers. So I run newlife a second time, well into an ascension, mostly just to set optimal choice adventure choices. I guess I should just do an import <newlife>; set_choice_adventures()

This ONE TIME I played the first day manually (no mafia) and used my tent. Oh the horrors! :p

If I understand the code correctly, tent = true when you have a tent in inventory and you can use it (e.g. not in Bees). I don't buy or accumulate tents so that's effectively the same thing as checking if I have a tent in the campground, I guess.

Well, now I see that campground() is only called if you are level 1. Why did I think it ever reposted my newbness? I have no idea. I am dumb. I will just leave my tent un-pitched next time. I am running low on bricks anyways.