Bug - Fixed Relay browser has a broken combat action bar.

VladYvhuce

ee98f33cb2cec9cda55b4f65c60ffec2.png

Something has broken. Previously, this had not happened to me using r25946, but started with r25953, and now is also affecting r25946 and r25945 as well. It works fine if not using Mafia, so it's probably not something in KOL being broken. Attempted to include a debug log, but it's too big.

fredg1

Mh... the relay decorator makes its own combat action bar in front of a certain HTML element, replacing the existing one, maybe it positioned itself in front of the wrong one...

VladYvhuce

Apart from Again, both sets of buttons are non-functional. Though they can be toggled by number keys. The upper "empty" Skills and Combat Items buttons are exceptions to this, as one can drag skills/items into the lower set as if that's where it was supposed to go. The upper set of buttons highlights on hover, like normal, but neither set does anything if clicked with the mouse. Oh, and I finally got a small enough debug log to upload, by starting log right before a combat encounter and stopping right after the fight was over. Maybe that can help. Also, this showed up in the graphicle CLI after the fight:
Preference stationaryButton1 changed from 4005 to 1005
Preference stationaryButton2 changed from 1005 to 1037
Preference stationaryButton3 changed from 1037 to 1014
Preference stationaryButton4 changed from 1014 to 150
Preference stationaryButton5 changed from 150 to
Preference stationaryButton5 changed from to 199

Attachments

• DEBUG_20211201.txt
    980.9 KB · Views: 3

SalMonella

FYI, I see this too, on a Mac with Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Tried flushing images, rebooting, etc., to no avail.

VladYvhuce

I noticed the HTML was referencing a cloudfront server for hosting static things, which I don't recall being the case before.
Specifically https://d2uyhvukfffg5a.cloudfront.net/
I tried building mafia with that instead of https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.kingdomofloathing.com in KoLmafia.java, and it appears to have resolved the problem for me, but there may of course be other consequences. I'm not that familiar with how that is used.
Building mafia is beyond my tech knowledge level.

Rinn

Developer
I'd be concerned the the subdomain in that cloudflare url isn't stable. Also all the images seem to still be using the aws url if you log in normally. Maybe this is something that should be parsed from the page source the first time it's needed.

Magus_Prime

The change in r25958 breaks image handling in ChiT and several other relay scripts. Reverting to r25945 fixed the problem for me.

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Yeah, 25959 was a pure revert of 25958.

Do you have to revert all the way to 25945? Does reverting to 25957 work? (Either way, we've reverted that commit, as observed.)

Evidently this'll have to be a more involved change. We use that image url in a bunch of places across KoLmafia's UI.

Which images are broken? What about these scripts is broken? Are they referencing the S3 url directly? I couldn't find anything from a quick skim.

I did notice that my ~/.kolmafia/images/ contained a https:/ directory, which seems... wrong; I'd have to figure out why that was happening.

Lacey Jones

I actually reverted to 25945, images were fixed but the combat bar was still broken, when I opened jenkins I saw there was a new version so I downloaded that (25959), images still fixed, combat bar still broken.

Magus_Prime

I didn't spend a lot of time checking other relay scripts but the, immediately, obvious ones that broke were ChiT and Bales relay overrides: https://kolmafia.us/threads/bales-relay-overrides.12644/

Specifically topmenu.

Topmenu is looking for images directly from images.kingdomofloathing.com while ChiT seems to be using the local cache.

I didn't check other version of KoLmafia, r25945 was the one I downloaded yesterday and it was "on hand", and won't have the chance to do so until after work.

Last edited:

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
ChiT seems to be using the local cache.
Ideally, that should always work. Which is to say, only KoLmafia should need to know how where the KoL image servers are.
KoLmafia depends on this heavily itself; when it crafts HTML to display in the Relay Browser (clover warnings, decorating the big island, whatever), it uses "/images"

VladYvhuce

I checked with other versions in my orginal post. r25946 had worked fine and was the last update I had downloaded before downloading and running r25953, which caused the issue. Trying to go back to r2946 did not fix the issue, nor did going back to r2545.

bsmith

I haven't updated my version of Java, so I'm still plodding along on Mafia build 20831 and am also getting the broken combat bar. My guess is Asymmetric changed something on their end that Mafia doesn't like.

VladYvhuce

None of the buttons are clickable, Except Again being where it should be and the blank spot where Skills should be. You can assign skills as normal to the skill images and thus use that to swap out skills. Numbers 1 trough 0 and = work on skill toggling from the combat bar. - does not seem to work. Vanilla actions is a less confusing thing. Also, some skills add extra clutter on top of where the combat bar actions images are. The combat action bar images will also scroll down the page, if you have a long enough combat page to scroll down.