raidlog override a la Dr. Evi1

OK, I see the difference. You are looking at the "Noncombats" table - and when I do that, it correctly shows who unlocked it. But I run with the "Turns" table.

Which is neither here nor there, since the issue I am reporting is in the "Village" table, where the person who spent nothing but a skeleton key to unlock the Master Suite - they did not even go inside it to grab an eau de mort - does not show up, with a gold star (for generously unlocking the area) and nothing else done.

Okay, I see the problem. Because that action does not take a turn (and they've done nothing else) the function that puts users in the table skips over them, for having spent 0 turns in the area. I'll fix that.

EDIT: fixed

Last edited:
Okay, context menus have been added to the Item table and to the area tables (right click the noncombat names). Currently there is no checking done once it starts, so if something becomes unavailable before you get to it, it'll probably get stuck (and you'll need to correct it manually). More to come, as well as more robust handling for actually performing the actions, but for now, it's a very useful start.

Darzil

Developer
Minor bug, matcher "theMatcher["DreadVillage","+Square.23"]="made a cool(?:ing)? iron";" doesn't match Darzil (#2013921) made some cool iron greaves (1 turn).

Bale

Minion
Okay, context menus have been added to the Item table and to the area tables (right click the noncombat names). Currently there is no checking done once it starts, so if something becomes unavailable before you get to it, it'll probably get stuck (and you'll need to correct it manually). More to come, as well as more robust handling for actually performing the actions, but for now, it's a very useful start.

I am really loving this! Are you planning to add more actions, like making a Shepherd Pie, mixing Kiwitini, dancing, getting Stinking Agaricus, Eau de Mort and the like? I would be really happy if you added those to the context menu!

Also, would it be possible for "Use Dreadsylvania Key" un-closet or purchase a key if you don't have one in inventory? Or would that be another level of trouble?

I am really loving this! Are you planning to add more actions, like making a Shepherd Pie, mixing Kiwitini, dancing, getting Stinking Agaricus, Eau de Mort and the like? I would be really happy if you added those to the context menu!

Also, would it be possible for "Use Dreadsylvania Key" un-closet or purchase a key if you don't have one in inventory? Or would that be another level of trouble?

I am indeed planning on adding a bunch more, but RL has been super busy, so I haven't gotten around to it.

As for the key... um... I think right now it uses retrieve_item, so it *should* purchase you a key if you don't have one, unless coinmasters aren't considered in the flow of that (or you have purchase from coinmasters disabled)... in which case I'd be glad to add that. As for uncloset... I suppose I could have it check there first if that's not part of retrieve_item()s logic.

Just a question, since others in my clan have mentioned that on occasion mafia will get "stuck" in the noncombat when they try to use the context menus, has this happened to you (anyone)? It happened to me once, but I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably (or at all) to figure it out, and I'm wondering if it was just because of (the now outdated revision of) mafia not liking the noncombats.

Bale

Minion
uncloset is not necessarily a part of retrieve_item(), although coinmasters are. (And I have enabled coinmaster purchasing.) It would be nice to have the closet check because I often closet a key when I have one, to avoid accidental usage.

Theraze

Exactly. Player controlled already, and not needing an override unless you're trying to override the player's choice to protect their closet.

I found the tables were too dark, so I made the following changes (some colors taken from Dr. Evil) and I think the improvement is huge. What do you guys think? (for me it's way less eye strain)

Code:
/* writeln("table.sortable tbody tr:hover *{background-color:#000080 !important;color:#D0D0D0 !important;}"); */
 writeln("table.sortable tbody tr:hover *{background-color:#000080 !important;color:#FFFFFF !important;}");

/* writeln(".DreadCastleO{background-color:#989898;}"); */
 writeln(".DreadCastleO{background-color:#C8C8C8;}"); 
/*  writeln(".DreadCastleE{background-color:#A8A8A8;}"); */
 writeln(".DreadCastleE{background-color:#E8E8E8;}");

/* writeln(".DreadVillageO{background-color:#C8BE96;}"); */
 writeln(".DreadVillageO{background-color:#E6D5B6;}");
/* writeln(".DreadVillageE{background-color:#FEF3BB;}"); */
 writeln(".DreadVillageE{background-color:#FFEFCF;}");

/* writeln(".DreadWoodsO{background-color:#609060;}"); */
 writeln(".DreadWoodsO{background-color:#C6D5B6;}");
/* writeln(".DreadWoodsE{background-color:#70A070;}"); */
 writeln(".DreadWoodsE{background-color:#DFEFCF;}");

Last edited:
I can understand that. I don't know what I was thinking with the gray text for hover. That was silly. White it is. As for the others... what you supplied was just a touch *too* bright for me. So I met you half-way with the last update. Literally half-way.

EDIT: Also, all this multiple class mumbo jumbo isn't going to stick around for much longer, as I will be replacing it with much sexier CSS magic (my newly acquired skill). So... if you still want to use your values over mine, sorry, but you'll have to put them back in again in the near future when this entire block of code changes.

Xande1

I am loving this thing *SO MUCH*. It has made adventuring in Dread so much friendlier and easier to track (and also made keeping up with what's going on in my vanity clain a thing I can do without a physical notebook).

That said, I would like to make one request: Is it possible for the NC table to include whether the gallows item has been obtained? I realize it's not entirely trivial since there are 3 possible items that disable that choice, but it would be very handy to see at a glance.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
When right-clicking on area titles to take specific actions, the suboptions for banishing monsters/elements go off the screen for Castle noncombats. This is after the initial popup is against the right edge of the main frame.

Bale

Minion
That said, I would like to make one request: Is it possible for the NC table to include whether the gallows item has been obtained? I realize it's not entirely trivial since there are 3 possible items that disable that choice, but it would be very handy to see at a glance.

Actually, the raidlog doesn't discriminate by class or item: "hung a clanmate" and "was hung by a clanmate" is all that it says.

When right-clicking on area titles to take specific actions, the suboptions for banishing monsters/elements go off the screen for Castle noncombats. This is after the initial popup is against the right edge of the main frame.
I am painfully aware of this, but I am not javascript-savvy enough to handle it at this point. I will attempt to work on it when I have time, for now I suggest clicking as far left in the cell as possible, or clicking the noncombat name in the Castle table instead of the NC table.

Xande1, your wish is my command.

So I really enjoy the right clicking features you added to all of the non-combats. But I noticed that if the map has been unfolded but nothing done yet, the table isn't there, even if you have the Dread tab selected.
Can you make the NC table show up, so it's easier to pick that first noncom?

Winterbay

One thing that makes me go back to the GM script from time to time is the ability to load older dungeon logs. When I use this script that box with the old logs is just blank. Bug on my side, oversight or intentional change to the page?

One thing that makes me go back to the GM script from time to time is the ability to load older dungeon logs. When I use this script that box with the old logs is just blank. Bug on my side, oversight or intentional change to the page?

Must be a bug on your side, works fine for me.

Winterbay

Odd. the code for the iframe with the old logs in looks like
PHP:
<p><iframe width="100%" height="300" style="border: 1px solid black;" src="clan_raidlogs.ash?oldLogs=0">#document<html><head></head><body></body></html></iframe></p>

I.e. very very empty...