One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

zarqon

You need to let mafia know you've finished this sidequest. In the relay browser, visit the lighthouse in the correct outfit so that mafia knows you completed that sidequest already (the appropriate letter should show up over the image). Then fix your optimal.txt back to how it was -- if you wanted to edit something, you should have edited your settings file. Warplans are read-only and do not contain the status of your quest.

@snooty: Well, I fixed everything that I could fix based on your post. I'll need more info to help with other problems. What is the error? What is line 86? etc.

Heffed

I had to flyer Cyrus manually again. Perhaps the script (not sure if this would be a function of Wossname or FTF) needs to adjust a choice adventure in regards to Cyrus? I'm unsure on this because when I look at the choice adventures under primordial soup, I see none that specify Cyrus. Like I mentioned earlier, I have yet to explore the memories, so all my choice adventures are whatever KoLmafia defaults them to.

The script will also not gaze into another bottle if the initial gaze runs out.

lostbug

In the relay browser, visit the lighthouse in the correct outfit so that mafia knows you completed that sidequest already (the appropriate letter should show up over the image). Then fix your optimal.txt back to how it was -- if you wanted to edit something, you should have edited your settings file.

At this point I'm pretty much in 'reporting results' mode-the script is being quite helpful in doing the quest by hand, but I've given up on it being 'one click.' I went to the lighthouse in frat fatigues, and when that didn't give me the letter on the image, I edited the settings file to sidequestLighthouseCompleted=fratboy. After rebooting mafia, this still didn't update the image, and the script still tried to complete the quest-so I assume there's some place that I've missed to tell the script that it's done.

Again, to clarify, I'm very happy with what I am getting from the script, I'm just reporting that it's not completely idiot-proof. ;)

Heffed

I was a bit hasty to say flyering is fixed. It appears to be warplan related. Running the fastest.txt successfully completes flyering, (with the exception of Cyrus as noted earlier) but optimal.txt will flyer until you have flyered enough ML but it cannot complete the flyering step and the script halts. After manually visiting the arena in the proper outfit will allow the script to continue.

Jazzmin

I ran into a slight problem when trying to complete the Mcmilliancuddy farm quest. The first adventure I got was Cornered! and the script hung up, I think it was trying to use a chaos butterfly but failed because it was a choice adventure.

BTW, I love the script

mredge73

I ran into a problem with the Mcmilliancuddy farm quest:
Code:
Step 1: McMillicancuddy's Farm sidequest
Mood swing complete.
Putting on current...
You are already wearing "current."
Removing items from closet...

[1301] Barn
Encounter: How Many Corners Does this Stupid Barn Have!?

[1301] Barn

[1301] Barn

[1301] Barn

[1301] Barn

Heffed

The frat-6-alpha battleplan doesn't work. It does go through the farm quest in your default outfit, but when it changes to the frat warrior outfit to complete the subquest, it isn't able to complete this step because you can't reach the farm in the frat outfit yet.

zarqon

@Jazz, Edge: Tried a fix for this which will be in the next update.

@Heffed: I'm doing a string of 100% runs and haven't been able to test the Cyrus part of OCW yet. Next run, I guess I'll go with the llama so I can test this out.

And this is what I have for frat-6-alpha:

Code:
0	false	sidequestArenaCompleted	fratboy
1	false	sidequestLighthouseCompleted	fratboy
2	false	sidequestJunkyardCompleted	fratboy
3	false	hippiesDefeated	64
4	false	sidequestOrchardCompleted	fratboy
5	false	hippiesDefeated	192
6	false	sidequestNunsCompleted	fratboy
7	false	hippiesDefeated 458
8	false	sidequestFarmCompleted	fratboy
9	false	hippiesDefeated 1000

Seems OK...?

@lostbug: Which settings file did you edit? It should be called myname_prefs.txt, in mafia's settings directory, and you should edit it when mafia is not running. I have actually never experienced this problem, and I've gotten literally dozens of Wossnames using this script. If you make sure to do ALL of your adventuring using mafia, always running it from the same location (if in Windows), never deleting your settings files, it's just about impossible for this situation to occur.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
@Heffed: I'm doing a string of 100% runs and haven't been able to test the Cyrus part of OCW yet. Next run, I guess I'll go with the llama so I can test this out.
You'll have better luck finding Cyrus if you go with a Sandworm.

zarqon

Didn't you know? Today is International Say Llama When You Mean Sandworm Day. Or is that only a Korean holiday?

Bazaaretw

So for 2 ascensions in a row, it puts on the hippy outfit, and finishes the farm stand quest, turns in the the heart, then starts doing frat quests and turns them in. Obviously this isn't the optimal way, so I'm having a hard time understanding why.

zarqon

It's been quite a while since I made optimal.txt (named optimal because of the sidequest rewards earned, not the number of turns spent), but I think the idea was to unlock the hippy store (daily meat and pies) and Nuns restore option as quickly as possible. For unskilled characters those pies are pretty nice.

If you prefer a different order, feel free to make a warplan that better suits your needs. You can look at the other warplans for ideas.

Heffed

And this is what I have for frat-6-alpha:

Code:
6	false	sidequestNunsCompleted	fratboy
8	false	sidequestFarmCompleted	fratboy

Seems OK...?

Sure. However, the version in the Wossname 1.5.7 (The latest, correct?) is this:
Code:
6	false	sidequestFarmCompleted	fratboy
8	false	sidequestNunsCompleted	fratboy

Heffed

Ran the frat-6-alpha warplan on another character with the nuns and farm swapped and you still aren't able to reach the farm as a frat warrior at that point. (step 8)

zarqon

@Heffed: I recommend fixing it and submitting the fixed version. Otherwise, it'll go on my to-do list, which seems to be getting larger rather than smaller. :)

@Knuckles: To tweak this script, you need to adjust a variety of ZLib settings. Type "zlib vars" in the CLI to see your current ZLib settings. If there aren't any settings that start with "ocw_" you need to run OCW once (you can abort it before it starts adventuring). Then you can see a variety of settings that begin with "ocw_". These settings, as well as one called defaultoutfit, will affect OCW's operation, and are described in the first post. To change a setting, type "zlib settingname = xxxx" in the CLI.

Hope that helps.

Idran

I don't know if this is a known issue, but it looks like the script really hates running out of adventures in the middle of doing the Orchard sidequest. It just happened for me, and it got caught in an infinite loop of trying to continue the next step of the quest and getting the out of adventures error.

sojiro87

this is my graph, plz tell me what i did wrong...

> call scripts\Wossname.ash

battleAction => custom combat script
Internal checkpoint created.
"optimal.txt" loaded (14 steps).
Checking for outfits...
Starting the war...
Putting on Frat Warrior Fatigues...
Equipment changed.
Searching for "deodorant"...
Purchasing deodorant (1 @ 1,500)...
You acquire an item: deodorant
Purchases complete.
Using 1 deodorant...
You acquire an effect: Fresh Scent (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished using 1 deodorant.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Choices Left: 1
Choices Left: 1

Request 1 of 20 (Island: Hippy Camp) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

War successfully incited. You provocateur you.
Verifying Wossname progress...
Current step: 0
Completing step 0 of 14...
You have specified a default familiar that you don't have! ('Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot')
Restoring initial settings...
battleAction => attack with weapon
Putting on crown-shaped beanie...
Equipment changed.
Putting on poodle skirt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on Baron von Ratsworth's monocle...
Equipment changed.
OCW stopped.
Unable to complete step 0
OCW stopped.

burton062

I'm having the same problems as above. Tried changing the names in the wossname.ash to look for my familiar but it still gives the same error. And is there a way to stop it from buying deodorant when i'm already buffed with Fresh Scent?

I'm new to Kolmafia so sorry if this was already discussed.

> call scripts\Wossname.ash

battleAction => custom combat script
Internal checkpoint created.
"optimal.txt" loaded (14 steps).
Checking for outfits...
Starting the war...
Putting on Frat Warrior Fatigues...
Equipment changed.
Searching for "deodorant"...
Purchasing deodorant (1 @ 1,300)...
You acquire an item: deodorant
Purchases complete.
Using 1 deodorant...
You acquire an effect: Fresh Scent (duration: 10 Adventures)
Finished using 1 deodorant.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: Choices Left: 1
Choices Left: 1

Request 1 of 138 (Island: Hippy Camp) in progress...
You can't get to that area.

War successfully incited. You provocateur you.
Verifying Wossname progress...
Current step: 0
Completing step 0 of 14...
You have specified a default familiar that you don't have! ('Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot')
battleAction => skill stream of sauce
Putting on star hat...
Equipment changed.
Putting on los chinos...
Equipment changed.
Putting on amulet of extreme plot significance...
Equipment changed.
OCW stopped.
Unable to complete step 0
OCW stopped.

slyz

Developer
[*]OCW will use the specified familiars, outfits, and moods for each sidequest. Set the variables in your vars_myname.txt file to configure this to your liking. Variables beginning with "ocw_o_" are for outfits, "ocw_f_" for familiars, and "ocw_m_" for moods. OCW also uses your "defaultoutfit" setting for adventuring on the bettlefield.

Try redownloading a fresh version of the script, and setup you familiars etc in vars_<yourname>.txt ... unless you already did that ?