One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

Alhifar

Code:
ceil( ( 5 - get_property( "guyMadeOfBeesCount" ).to_int() ) * ( .25 * ( 1 - ( <bathroom_combat_rate> + combat_rate_modifier() ) ) ) )
Should be the correct formula, unless I'm mistaken. I'm taking the number of GMoBs needed times probability of a given adventure being GMoB. I've found the probability of an adventure being GMoB by multiplying the combat rate times the 25% chance of a noncombat being the GMoB adventure. Or, in other words, finding the probability of the adventure being a noncombat AND being GMoB. Does anyone see any fault in that logic?

Braska

Thanks Alhifar, I'll be testing it out today, I'll let you know how it works.

Edit 1: Also, added lines to FTF to automatically flyer if adventuring in Hole in the Sky with rock band flyers in inventory. This also needs to be tested, which I will post results afterwards. If it works, I'll post my version, so anyone can change it to add in the jam band flyers if needed. This is my FIRST attempt at changing a script myself, but I think it looks sound.

Update: Mafia correctly adventures in the hole in the sky with this change, though I notice that it doesn't save ML aquired from previous days. I am pretty sure this is a problem with Mafia itself though, not sure.

These are the lines added to FTF:

if (my_location() == $location[hole in the sky] && item_amount($item[rock band flyers]) > 0)
return act(throw_item($item[rock band flyers]));

Working great, fully automatic, just need someone to change it to use either jam band flyers or the rock band, depending on what you have. I'm not quite to that level... :p

Last edited:

mredge73

Here is one way to do it, probably a terribly inefficient way:

Code:
item it;
boolean flyers=false;

if (item_amount($item[rock band flyers]) > 0)
{
it=$item[rock band flyers];
flyers=true;
}
if (item_amount($item[jam band flyers]) > 0)
{
it=$item[jam band flyers];
flyers=true;
}

if (my_location() == $location[hole in the sky] && flyers )
return act(throw_item(it));

or for any monster

Code:
item flyers = $item[none];
if (item_amount($item[rock band flyers]) > 0) flyers = $item[rock band flyers];
if (item_amount($item[jam band flyers]) > 0) flyers = $item[jam band flyers];
if (flyers != $item[none]) return act(throw_item(flyers));

Last edited:

noxious

I think there is something wrong with hippy-0-balloon warplan. It starts by dressing in frat warrior fatigues, and says I cant get to (hippy camp) that area yet. I think its because its trying to do hipppy things in frat clothes. Attempting to change into hippy before just has ocw change back into frat once started.

printout:
War successfully incited. You provocateur you.
Verifying wossname progress...
current step:1
Step 1:win!
Non-Wossname:All steps completed, but not all enemies were slain. Check your warplan for errors.
Restoring initial settings...
OCW stopped.

At least there's an easy workaround on this medal.

StormCrow42

Wossname has been aborting on trying to summon the meat demon if I don't have everything necessary to do so. A simple fix is to catch the return value from the cli_execute command in an empty if statement.

Raven434

My wife, Kattawynn had tried 3 times to manually get her Wossname but something always seemed to go awry. She was able to let the script run while doing 10 other things to prepare for the long weekend, which made her very happy. She has her medal and asked me if I could express her appreciation to Zarqon and everyone else who helped to make this script.

Yay Kat!

This script is indeed, one of my all-time favorites.

And I really think the forums have leapt ahead in the past couple of months in terms of being a great resource and super helpful to players of all programming abilities.

/salute

mredge73

My Personal Little Edit, Consider it a Beta Test

Here is an Edit that I did to the Script:
Consider it as a Beta Test, I am sure someone more experienced can improve it.

Added HITS dialog to Wossname:
-User Confirm Dialog for if you want to either go to the Hole in the Sky for your arena points or the GMOB. (untested)
-Edited FTF to toss fliers at any monster once you receive your fliers (tested, works)

And now to the good part:
Added Hero Item Farmer! to Wossname.
This added functionality will make sure you get your preferred Hero item every time you fight in the battlefield using Wossname!

This is how it works:
FTF will CLEESH all enemies besides your hero once you reach the image where your hero is likely to appear.

Exceptions:
From what I have been reading, only one hero item will drop per side per run but the wiki is unclear. I have all items and image locations in FTF and have edited out all but the Natty Blue Ascot and the C.A.R.N.I.V.O.R.E. button. You can select whatever items you want to try by editing FTF. Also, if you are farming for a particular item you will need to first remove it from your inventory if you are using one. Putting it in the closet is fine.
If you want to try for all items, comment them in and post here if more than one drops.

WARNING: If you abort wossname and adventure somewhere else, the property will not change from the image and FTF will cleesh all monsters you encounter. For example, if you have FTF set up to cleesh all monster besides Neil, it will do so no matter where you adventure as long as the battlefield image is 24 and you do not have the longhaired hippy wig in inventory or equipped. Hero Farmer can be turned off by switching "GetHeroItems=true" to false in FTF.

Most of the edits are in FTF and this function does not affect normal operation of Zarqon's Wossname script but the edited version is necessary because I added two new properties that are handled by Wossname and not FTF.

To Use:
So download both .ash files
put FTF in your CSS as usual (rename it if you want)
configure the user editable items on top of both .ash files, and run as usual.

To see an example on how it automatically gets a Natty Blue Ascot look at the LogExcerpt.txt
Tested as a Hippy Sucessfully!

ToDoList:
fix the situation that occurs in the warning topic
build the function into either FTF or Wossname, but not both
adjust logic due to new discoveries (more than one can drop per side per run):
1: have it search for all of them on image 29 or 30; Need to know if two or more heros can appear on the same image before proceeding
2: have it search for the one you want for sure on the first image it can appear on for about 10 turns then try it on the next image for 10 then the next until you get him.

PS
I have Wossname set up for my runs so you will need to set it up for your runs as usual. I did change some of the dime numbers as well, I have it only trading in the quest items for valuables. Most changes are noted in the comments so they should be easy to spot.

Attachments

• Wossname~HeroEditMrEdge73052909.ash
    34.7 KB · Views: 31
  • FirstThingsFirst~HeroEditMrEdge73052909.ash
    13.7 KB · Views: 25
  • LogExcerpt.txt
    9.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

mredge73

Still not sure the success rate since more spading is necessary to improve the script.
I just finished it has a Hippy and the script worked perfectly for the Natty Blue Ascot, got it cleeshing less than 10 turns! Monty Basingstoke-Pratt, IV is supposed to be the first hero that you can possibly encounter. Originally I had it set up to find all heros and it spent over 30 looking for Brutus, the toga-clad lout for the wreath of laurels on image 25 without any luck. I made the assumption like many others that only one will drop;
But then on Image 27 I encountered Brutus
On Image 28 I encountered Danglin' Chad
On Image 30 (last turn) I encountered War Frat Streaker
I found all of these with the script turned off so I got four Heros on the same side on the same run.
So don't expect it to be perfect, more testing and spading is needed. I will try to improve it as I gather more information.

Theory being tested:
http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Talk:The_Battlefield
http://www.sevenlances.net/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b25jfsllum4aenhavratvhs7t4&topic=990.0

Last edited:

zarqon

@noxious, Raven, and several others via kmail: Yay! You found a typo. I'll fix it in the next update.

@StormCrow: You can capture cli_execute() commands? News to me. That will be changed in the next update.

@mredge: Fun!

Just a thought: I'm guessing from your post that in your version when OCW visits bigisland.php it sets a property if the battlefield image number is within a certain range, which is then read by FTF when fighting. You might be able to avoid creating an additional property (and thereby also avoid needing to use a separate version of OCW) by just looking at the "hippiesDefeated" and "fratboysDefeated" properties in FTF and seeing if they are within the possible values that will display the corresponding battlefield images.

Bale

Minion
@StormCrow: You can capture cli_execute() commands? News to me. That will be changed in the next update.

Well, apparently you can capture the error code. It would be a lot nicer if you could capture the CLI response as a string.

Bale

Minion
Ah. Right. I always forget about the possibility of mallbots.

Don't real mallbot writers just modify the source code of mafia and write the darn things despite such artificial limits? I guess there would be more though...

dj_d

@Zarqon: If you check the return value of a cli_execute command, then mafia won't auto-abort on errors. The return value itself, though, is inconsistent and poorly documented IIRC.

I never understood... why not just make searchmall put its results in the left pane of the UI, or show the results as an image inline instead of text, or make it an exception to the otherwise excellent plan of having cli_execute return the text, or disallow cli_execute from being used for that command, or...

NotJim

Zarqon: Huge problem with the script. For some reason, during the gmob section, it switches to attack with weapon instead of the custom combat script, thereby losing against the GMOB...

zarqon

That would actually be a problem with mafia, not the script. When you set your battle action to CCS within a script, the battle action field turns blank. Then, periodically, mafia resets this to "attack with weapon." I reported this bug long ago, but it remains unfixed. Go add your vote to the bug report.

EDIT: Looks like Jason was watching this thread; it just got fixed -- woohoo! That bug has been my biggest peeve with mafia since it started happening and I'm ridiculously happy to see the end of it. As soon as the daily build comes along I'm snapping it up.

Last edited:

Rinn

Developer
I always had to comment out any changes to CSS you were doing because of that bug, I'm glad it's fixed.

dj_d

Ditto that, dangerpin.

Small fix request: don't use consumables (e.g. deodorant) if you already have the effect. I aborted after one turn, restarted it, and got double the freshness. :)

zarqon

For the most part, OCW uses enough consumables to cover the estimated adventures remaining for whatever sidequest. Is there somewhere where it miscalculated how many adventures it woud take?