One-Click Wossname -- automatic level 12 quest completion

kain

For what it's worth, I am having the exact same problem notjim is having.

I have moved FTF and SmartStasis to my default scripts directory (previously, they were in a CCS directory), my CCS is set up the same way:

[ default ]
1: consult SmartStasis.ash
2: skill Spring Raindrop Attack
3: skill shieldbutt

I fliered the GMOB, I insulted pirates, I didn't putty lobsters ('cause I don't have putty on this char) but I auto-kill (noodle, raindrop, shieldbutt, shieldbutt) every gremlin.

Code:
> ash get_property("currentJunkyardTool")

Returned: molybdenum hammer
My auto-attack account setting is disabled.

Code:
> wossname

Checking for updates (running OCW ver. 1.5.1)...
battleAction => custom: solomonster.ccs
Internal checkpoint created.
"frat-4-gamma.txt" loaded (6 steps).
Verifying Wossname progress...
Current step: 2
Completing step 2 of 6...
Mood swing complete.
You can't wear that outfit.
Warning: there was a problem equipping your chosen familiar/outfit.
Countdown: 5 seconds...
Countdown: 4 seconds...
Countdown: 3 seconds...
Countdown: 2 seconds...
Countdown: 1 second...
Waiting completed.
Conditions list cleared.
Step 2: Junkyard sidequest
Mood swing complete.
You can't wear that outfit.
getting molybdenum hammer...
You need 1 more molybdenum hammer to continue.
Conditions list cleared.
Condition added: molybdenum hammer

Request 1 of 97 (Junkyard: Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it) in progress...

[1113] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: vegetable gremlin
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\E073933\My Documents\KM\ccs\solomonster.ccs [default]
Round 0: solomonster wins initiative!
Round 1: solomonster casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 2: solomonster casts SPRING RAINDROP ATTACK!
You gain 24 hit points
You gain 25 Muscularity Points
Round 3: solomonster casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 3: vegetable gremlin takes 130 damage.
You lose 4 hit points
Round 4: solomonster casts SHIELDBUTT!
Round 4: Senor Senor holds out the plastic pumpkin bucket, hoping for extra goodies.
Round 4: Senor Senor bends its brim into an approximation of a smile.
Round 4: vegetable gremlin takes 256 damage.
You gain 4 hit points
You gain 20 Muscularity Points
You gain 72 Meat
You gain 24 Strongness
You gain 15 Enchantedness
You gain 15 Sarcasm

Casting Empathy of the Newt on yourself 2 times...
You acquire an effect: Empathy (duration: 20 Adventures)
Empathy of the Newt was successfully cast on yourself.

Request 2 of 97 (Junkyard: Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it) in progress...

[1114] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Encounter: batwinged gremlin
Strategy: C:\Documents and Settings\E073933\My Documents\KM\ccs\solomonster.ccs [default]
You gain 13 hit points
You gain 18 Muscularity Points
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 148 damage.
You lose 4 hit points
Round 4: Senor Senor holds out the plastic pumpkin bucket, hoping for extra goodies.
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 242 damage.
You gain 4 hit points
You gain 59 Meat
You gain 24 Strengthliness
You gain 17 Mysteriousness
You gain 12 Cheek

Casting Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric on yourself 2 times...
You acquire an effect: Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric (duration: 30 Adventures)
Fat Leon's Phat Loot Lyric was successfully cast on yourself.
Casting Jackasses' Symphony of Destruction on yourself 1 times...
You acquire an effect: Jackasses' Symphony of Destruction (duration: 15 Adventures)
Jackasses' Symphony of Destruction was successfully cast on yourself.

Request 3 of 97 (Junkyard: Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it) in progress...

[1115] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Round 0: solomonster loses initiative!
You lose 5 hit points
Round 1: Senor Senor can't think of a good trick to play on your opponent, and resorts to just hitting it with the plastic bucket. It's not very imaginative, but it deals 25 damage.
Round 1: batwinged gremlin takes 25 damage.
You gain 17 hit points
You gain 19 Muscularity Points
Round 3: Senor Senor holds out the plastic pumpkin bucket, hoping for extra goodies.
Round 3: Senor Senor bends its brim into an approximation of a smile.
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 155 damage.
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 67 Meat
You gain 33 Fortitude
You gain 14 Enchantedness
You gain 6 Cheek

Casting Leash of Linguini 2 times...
You acquire an effect: Leash of Linguini (duration: 20 Adventures)
Leash of Linguini was successfully cast.

Request 4 of 97 (Junkyard: Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it) in progress...

[1116] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
Round 0: solomonster loses initiative!
You lose 4 hit points
You gain 18 hit points
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 140 damage.
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 250 damage.
You gain 1 hit point
You gain 57 Meat
You gain 32 Beefiness
You gain 10 Enchantedness
You gain 14 Smarm

zarqon

Bizarre. I can't duplicate this error. So, a few more questions.

1. Which version/build of mafia are you using?
2. Do you have any old mafia data files in your data directory?
3. What happens when you type

ash to_monster("batwinged");

in the CLI?

kain

I'm using daily build 7167 and 7210

Code:
> ash to_monster("batwinged");

Returned: Batwinged Gremlin

Code:
bounty.txt
dailydungeondata.txt
dungeonstatchecks.txt
eatdrink_drink_data.txt
eatdrink_food_data.txt
eatdrink_spleen_data.txt
fastest.txt
frat-0-omega.txt
frat-1-zeta.txt
frat-2-epsilon.txt
frat-3-delta.txt
frat-4-gamma.txt
frat-5-beta.txt
frat-6-alpha.txt
hippy-0-balloon.txt
hippy-1-horseshoe.txt
hippy-2-diamond.txt
hippy-3-clover.txt
hippy-4-moon.txt
hippy-5-star.txt
hippy-6-heart.txt
itemflags.txt
ItemsOfLoathingPrices.txt
locs_by_meat.txt
locs_by_xp.txt
ocean.html
optimal.txt
pricelist.txt
recoveryScript_map.txt
restore_map.txt
slowest.txt

I have a number of data files in my data directory. I have the support files for eatdrink.ash, warplans, daily dungeon script files, and the map files for the universal recovery script.

I've started taking FTF and SmartStasis apart and putting print statements everywhere (one of the only ways I ever manage to troubleshoot things) so I'll let you know what I find ...

Last edited:

zarqon

Hmmm, I think I fixed it in SmartStasis 1.4 -- see if that fixes it. The stasis loop was exiting if you weren't "in the clear". I was unable to replicate this problem since I tested with higher-moxie characters.

kain

I'll check it out. I was just going to post that after peppering print statements absolutely everywhere, I had determined that I wasn't ever entering the stasis loop.

>>edit<< (also posted in the smartstasis thread) ... sorry I didn't get it fixed PRIOR to whining loudly. I was on my way, though, and I now have a far greater understanding of how this script works :)

boohya! Problem fixed!

Code:
[1132] Next to that Barrel with Something Burning in it
true
Round 1: Senor Senor ties its shoelaces together. It trips and takes 27 damage as it lands on its face.
Round 1: batwinged gremlin takes 27 damage.
Now running round 2
true
Round 2: solomonster uses the turtle totem!
Round 2: batwinged gremlin takes 1 damage.
Now running round 3
true
Round 3: solomonster uses the turtle totem!
Round 3: batwinged gremlin takes 1 damage.
You lose 3 hit points
Now running round 4
true
This gremlin does not have a molybdenum item!
Round 4: batwinged gremlin takes 148 damage.
You gain 59 Meat
You gain 27 Strengthliness
You gain 11 Magicalness
You gain 18 Sarcasm

Requests complete.

Last edited:

Braska

Just a feature request... or possibly an explanation of how to change the script myself to do this.

Is there any way to have a toggle between using the GMOB and flyering in the hole in the sky? Whenever I can set up GMOB beforehand, it'd be nice to use, but if it isn't properly set up, I'd love to have the script start flyering in the HitS to collect the star items while finishing the quest. I'm pretty sure it takes around the same amount of adventures as having to get the GMOB adventure if you haven't set it up already.

Again, it may not require a change to the universal script, just a personal change. I'm just not sure how to go about setting that up.

MapleMario

You'd have to repeatedly make the script adventure in the HitS (obviously, you'd need to have your CCS configured to flyer all HitS monsters) and after every adventure, it would need to check the text of the arena page. Unless you have a definite number for how many HitS monsters you'd have to kill to finish off the flyers quest.

mredge73

Hey Zarqon
Can you add a check to see if I have the mirror in inventory before adventuring in the bathroom and going up against the guy made of bees? I am running your script for the first time on one of my guys and this is my output:

[2083] Haunted Bathroom
Encounter: Having a Medicine Ball
Encounter: The Guy Made Of Bees
Strategy: d:\Data\My Stuff\kol\AlotaVagina\ccs\pasta.ccs [default]
Round 0: alotavagina wins initiative!
Round 1: alotavagina casts ENTANGLING NOODLES!
Round 1: Hottie produces a gout of flame from her fingertips, singeing your opponent for 10 damage.
Round 2: alotavagina uses the rock band flyers!
Round 3: alotavagina casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 3: Hottie produces a gout of flame from her fingertips, singeing your opponent for 14 damage.
Round 4: alotavagina casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
Round 5: alotavagina casts CANNELLONI CANNON!
You lose 22,184 hit points

Conditions satisfied after 35 adventures.
Casting Lasagna Bandages 4 times...
You gain 61 hit points
Lasagna Bandages was successfully cast.
Step 0 completed!
Completing step 1 of 10...

and my CCS is:
[ default ]
1: consult SmartStasis.ash
2: Cannelloni Cannon
3: Cannelloni Cannon
4: Cannelloni Cannon
5: Cannelloni Cannon

zarqon

I feel certain that many users encounter the GMOB without the mirror -- they are simply using him to finish the quest.

But for SC players, you're right -- they could purchase a mirror prior to adventuring.

Further, the CCS could attempt to run away from the GMOB after flyering if you don't have a mirror and for whatever reason you are still alive.

I'll add these in to the next update.

Alhifar

and after every adventure, it would need to check the text of the arena page. Unless you have a definite number for how many HitS monsters you'd have to kill to finish off the flyers quest.
Actually, it would simply have to check:
Code:
 while( get_property( "flyeredML" ).to_int() < 10000 )
{
// Keep adventuring
}

zarqon

I'd like to add the Hole in the Sky option to the arena quest. Ideally, the script should compare

1) the estimated adventures remaining to complete your flyering in the Hole in the Sky, vs.
2) the estimated adventures remaining to find and fight the GMOB.

Then, if the GMOB is completely prepared beforehand (as I usually do) the script will select that course; otherwise, depending on how many times you have said "GMOB" the script will choose whichever course has fewer estimated adventures remaining.

Hole in the Sky is all combats so that's pretty easy to figure out. But if someone can tell me a formula to figure out the frequency of specifically GMOB choiceadvs given your encounter modifier (ideally returning the estimated number of adventures required to get 1 more GMOB choiceadv), I'll add this in.

Braska

If you assume a lowest base ML in HitS of 150, then it will take 67 adventures worth of flyering. This is a very pessimistic estimate, as my runs typically hit 10000 ML if I do it manually after about 45-55 adventures. Also, for this option, if a custom outfit command was added in, you could theoretically boost your ML even more.

For the bathroom, chance of a non-combat is 25%. So, about 1 out of every 4 should be a non-combat. If 1/3 of those is the GMOB, then a pessimisted turncount for a full setup would be about 60 adventures.

(1/3 * 1/4 = 1/12, 1 in 12 adventures, *5 GMOB = 60 adventures.)

Again, that is pessimistic, assuming no + non-combat. This is also assuming that you get the GMOB once every 3 non-combats. But to be honest, I don't see where that number comes from. I'm not saying it's wrong, but by my math it should show up once every 5-6 non-combats.

Last edited:

mredge73

This is the first time that I ran the script and it did confuse me a bit and didn't switch familiars and did a few other weird things but I am overall satisfied. I probably confused it a bit when I hit abort a few times to change familiars and to see what the hell it was doing in the castle and why it was in the bathroom without a mirror.

to get back on topic and for statics purposes it only took me 34 adventures in the bathroom to complete the GMOB with no setup whatsoever (I never do the GMOB), so I hope that helps
also, 33 adventures to achieve the star items in the hole in the sky, adventuring any more here would be wasteful.

Just my two cents..
I prefer to do the flyers in the junkyard (usually gets to 50% ML before completing quest) and finishing in the hole in the sky. This way I get 3 things done in two steps.

Alhifar

But to be honest, I don't see where that number comes from. I'm not saying it's wrong, but by my math it should show up once every 5-6 non-combats.

4 noncombats, and two are twice as common as the other two. That should work out to 1/3 if I'm not mistaken (which is a real possibility >.>)

HikerMike

You acquire an item: Order of the Silver Wossname
Victory! Veni, vidi, vici and all that stuff.

Awesome - thanks for the script! I had to do the Junkyard manually and the GMOB did not use the antique mirror even though I had one in my inventory. Other than that, flawless. I ran this on a lev 18 DB btw. I screwed this up last time - did the whole thing by hand and something went wrong and I got a lesser ribbon. I was NOT going to do that again.

Mike

Braska

I forgot to take out the bad moon adventure and the towel. Though I am not sure if ignoring the towel would be a good thing, since if you haven't adventured in the bathroom and got it yet, it would waste one of your non-combats.

I am also thinking that if while one non-combat happens twice as often as the other two, it would not affect the GMOB non-combat. I assume the probability is something like this now.

GMOB: 24%
Muscle:19%
Moxie:19%
Mysticality:38%

The numbers are rounded for simplicity, since I believe now that GMOB is exactly 1/4.

zarqon

@mredge: Your usual flyering method is great for many IsleWar plans, but one of OCW's design priorities is being completely multipurpose, functional no matter the warplan or sidequest sequence. Which is why I would like to revise the script to intelligently select which method is better.

OK. This is what I have for formulas at the moment:

Estimated Adventures to Complete Flyering in HitS
ceil((10000 - flyeredML) / (159.3 + monster_level_adjustment()))

Estimated Adventures to Find the GMOB
(5 - guyMadeOfBeesCount) * 12

The 159.3 number is the average ML of HitS, assuming all monsters happen with equal frequency. The second formula is based on Braska's info above (thanks for that). The '12' would really be expressed as

(1.0 / 0.25) * 3

But it's still not complete -- I need to know how this interacts with your combat frequency modifier. I have never messed with calculations based on combat frequency modifier -- I just modify it as much as I can when desired -- and don't really know the mechanics.

Perhaps something like

ceil((5 - guyMadeOfBeesCount) * (1.0 / (0.25 + combat_rate_modifier())) * 3)

??

I don't really have any characters I can test this with at the moment -- would appreciate confirmation or correction.

@HikerMike: you're welcome! Also, it looks like you did not have the GMOB or the gremlins properly handled in your custom combat script (CCS) -- or, you didn't have your CCS selected. OCW is no longer an autonomous, self-standing script -- you have to take care of some things in your CCS for it to work completely.