OCD Inventory control

Bale

Minion
What seandamnit said. There's no such thing as too much detail in a bug report. Thank you for the picture. I'll investigate the problem and spin off a new release.

Bale

Minion
relay OCD db Manager Updated!

I appologize to icon315, fronobulax, seandamnit and all other first time users who were put off. I'm not sure at what point it became impossible to create a brand new data file, but the script is now very friendly to first timers. Please let me know if it is too friendly and creeps you out. ;)

seandamnit

relay OCD db Manager Updated!

I appologize to icon315, fronobulax, seandamnit and all other first time users who were put off. I'm not sure at what point it became impossible to create a brand new data file, but the script is now very friendly to first timers. Please let me know if it is too friendly and creeps you out. ;)

No need to appppppologize. Works great now, I appreciate it!

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I blew away the data file and tried the new version. It correctly detected I had no data file available. Thank you.

I noticed a couple of things which I will throw out, although it is not clear whether they are the result of operator confusion, incorrect operator expectations, the script not behaving as desired or a feature missing from mafia. (In other words, I am trying very hard not to point a finger - just reporting observations).

I had a couple "with a fly in it drinks". OCD IC went through all the motions that made me believe it would sell them on kBay. However after the script ran they were in my inventory. In the relay browser there was a [drink] link by them which suggests to me their basic properties might be incorrect somewhere. Error in a datafile or a string match that accepts X and X+"with a fly in it", perhaps?

OCD IC made an auction with a designer hand bag as the only hand bag. The auction title was VIP Klaw Prizes but I wonder if the item name would be a better title if there is only one item type in an auction? If the handbag goes for less than 40,000 meat then I'd suggest that the title allowed someone to get a bargain ;-)

There were several items I had purchased multiples of from kBay, moved one to my DC and wanted to resell the remainder. OCD IC did not kBay them as expected. It may have been due to OCD ICs rules about auctions, items and overloading kBay (in which case some feedback would have been helpful) or there may have been something else going on. blue plasma thingies and Loudmouthed Lamprey are two.

Since I am running it on a character in permanent aftercore, I keep a complete set of the former sewer items in inventory so clovers are gotten efficiently. The next time I start from a blank data file it might be nice if it knew what those items were and automagically characterized them as Keep One, Mall sell the rest.

I am not quite sure I understand the outfit options but it would also be nice if on initialization it automagically characterized any items used by a custom outfit as Keep the appropriate amount and mall sell the rest. This might be non-trivial since the same item can appear in multiple outfits, thus requiring only one but it may also appear multiple times in the same outfit thus requiring many. It is also true that I have outfits defined where I need to pull the items from the DC so the absence of an item in an outfit should be expected. I am somewhat OCD about cleaning up Custom Outfits and I recognize this there are special cases that will only be useful to someone who has no data file and who is probably in aftercore.

Thank you.

Bale

Minion
I had a couple "with a fly in it drinks". OCD IC went through all the motions that made me believe it would sell them on kBay. However after the script ran they were in my inventory. In the relay browser there was a [drink] link by them which suggests to me their basic properties might be incorrect somewhere. Error in a datafile or a string match that accepts X and X+"with a fly in it", perhaps?

Weird. I'll take a look at it to try to figure it out when I have a chance, but it won't be as simple as a string match.

OCD IC made an auction with a designer hand bag as the only hand bag. The auction title was VIP Klaw Prizes but I wonder if the item name would be a better title if there is only one item type in an auction? If the handbag goes for less than 40,000 meat then I'd suggest that the title allowed someone to get a bargain ;-)

Worthwhile suggestion and I don't think it will be hard to implement.

There were several items I had purchased multiples of from kBay, moved one to my DC and wanted to resell the remainder. OCD IC did not kBay them as expected. It may have been due to OCD ICs rules about auctions, items and overloading kBay (in which case some feedback would have been helpful) or there may have been something else going on. blue plasma thingies and Loudmouthed Lamprey are two.

That was probably OCD operating properly. If there are only a couple of low-cost items then it won't kBay them. This is because I don't want a days worth of "Tasteful" items to be an entire auction by itself.

Perhaps you're right about feedback. A single blue line about you having these auctions and not selling them until you have more would be helpful to the user. I'll put that on the to-do list.

Since I am running it on a character in permanent aftercore, I keep a complete set of the former sewer items in inventory so clovers are gotten efficiently. The next time I start from a blank data file it might be nice if it knew what those items were and automagically characterized them as Keep One, Mall sell the rest.

That is a subset of a larger issue I've been considering. I haven't figured out the correct way to implement it yet.

I am not quite sure I understand the outfit options.

Outfit options? If you mean "Remove Outfit First", that only means to remove what you're wearing before taking action. So that it can be considered for disposal.

icon315

Could you add a "Propose trade to" Category? Something like:
PHP:
boolean propose_trade(item it, int quant, string player) {
string obj = to_string(ocd[it].info);
string many = to_string(quant);
string url = visit_url("makeoffer.php?towho="+player+"&action=proposeoffer&pwd=" + my_hash() +"&howmany1="+many+"&whichitem1="+obj);
if (contains_text(url,"Your trade offer has been sent.") return true;
else return false;
}

Bale

Minion
Thank you for being so exacting in your request, though I query if you are right about the value of &whichitem1. Shouldn't that be to_int(it), not some random text string in the info field? What data are you expecting the info field to contain.

emmie

I had an older version of this script, and then my computer died, and I had to start from scratch. Now, when I run the db manager, I don't seem to have "use" or "craft into" options. Is there a reason I can't think of that those wouldn't be in the dropdown list for items they previously were in the list for (ie, I can't choose "use" for my briefcases, or "craft into" for my hamethyst)?

Bale

Minion
Nobody else has had the problem before you and I cannot think of a cause in my script, so I wonder... What version of KoLmafia are you using? The very recent build r9198 has changes to local file reading. If you're using r9198+ then I suspect that is the cause, so downgrade and see if you've still got the problem. If so, I'll see about reporting a bug.

If you're using r9197 or less, then I'll have to take responsibility.

emmie

Huh. I like the Sunday builds, but the most recent wasn't working with zlib so I was using r9199, and this morning "use" was back in the dropdown (which was almost enough to make me think I was crazy last night, despite restarting Mafia a few times), but "craft into" still wasn't. Using r9197 they're both there. Guess I'll stick with the earlier build for now.

Sputnik1

Hey Bale, I don't know if this has been asked or not but would there be a way for the user to sort the items into their item groups like consumables (food, booze, etc) and equipment. Its just been a pain to have to look through the alphabetized list just for booze or whatever item to put in the mall since I am using your script as a daily item manager.

Sputnik1

I run it at the end of every day to sell deal with items ive farmed. It's easier to use and takes care of pricing.
I just want to easily update the item list as I acquire items. See what food items I can sell, equipment that can be smashed, etc.

Last edited: