OCD Inventory control

Bale

Minion
I don't understand. What does that have to do with needing items sorted by group? Please explain how you use this software without assuming that I have any clue what you're talking about, even if something seems obvious to you.

Sputnik1

Just as you mentioned in your OP, I am using the OCD script to deal with specific items and not my entire inventory. I run it everyday to either mallsell, autosell, or just keep items. I was just looking to have the "Add Items" section of the relay script possibly sorted into food, booze, equipment, etc so I can look through it from time to time and better handle new items that I acquire. Obviously I don't have one of every item in my inventory currently. For example, say when I summon a certain booze, I would like to be able to see that I have it in my inventory as a booze item from the relay script. I currently have to switch back and forth between my inventory and the script and search through the alphabetized list over and over again in order to handle a few items.

I didn't think it would be this hard to explain.

I also understand that there probably aren't any current ways to sort items easily. It was just an ease of use idea.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I see. You add just a few specific items to it each day so you are in constant need to search through it.

I hadn't thought to use it that way.

Sputnik1

I mean eventually the need to search would be limited as there's only a certain available number of items one can encounter in one day. I just see it being very beneficial even when I'm not farming, like on a Holiday, etc.

I mean really I would like to sell my consumables and smash my unusable equipment and the only way to do that would be to sit down and spend a long time going through the list.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
That wouldn't help him. He'd simply move his "to be assigned list" from one place to another.

This is a serious concern. I think it ties into the existing problem with OCD displaying very long lists of items.

slyz

Developer
I meant that if he marks all the items he doesn't want to deal with as "Keep All", they wouldn't show up in the "Add Items" section. Any new food/booze he wants OCD to process would then be easy to find.

EDIT: oh I see, he still wants to configure the other items.

Being able to select whole sections and apply the same setting to all would be great =)

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I'm pretty sure that "booze" was merely an example, though he's welcome to advise us of more specifics. Since we obviously don't use this program the same way he does it's possible that I'm wrong.

Bale

Minion
Did you fix that to work with the new OCDdata filenames?

Also, what do you mean "newest ver. of OCD"?

Paragon

I was under the impression that you were working on some newer version. I didn't know that you were already done making the changes you were talking about earlier... was the only thing that you changed the filenames?

Bale

Minion
That's the only thing that should break the workings of your script though I've added quite a few interesting features since then, like kBay support.

Paragon

That sounds sweet, can't wait to check it out and I'll try to update my script rather then trying to blame my procastination on other people... :p

shazbot

Small feature request - Ability to trade in Alice's Army cards at the counter for credits.

Or, an even more advanced feature (although admittedly not likely), is the ability to register a script with your script so they call a function for the registered script with the item and keep quantity as inputs.

Bale

Minion
Trade army cards for credit? Nah, I think I'll pass. That's the sort of thing that one would do in large groups, not every day as they accumulate and it is very specific.

I'm not sure that I even understand the second suggestion or what problem it is intended to solve.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I'm not sure that I even understand the second suggestion or what problem it is intended to solve.

A while back I mentioned that there is no way to have the script handle yeti fur, turning it into hippopotamus skin before autoselling it, so I had to settle with Keep All for that item. I believe the suggestion was some general way to handle special cases without having a category for each type of action that comes up.