OCD Inventory control

getfresh

I'm getting an error msg when attempting to run your script.

Bad location value: "throne room" (zlib.ash, line 419)

How do I fix this or is it a bug?

Also is pulverize an option as well? I couldn't see that in the picture(that item wasn't equipment anyways), so just asking in the mean time till I get your script working ^^

Bale

Minion
How do I fix this or is it a bug?
Update KoLmafia to the latest jar build. KoL has revamped the Knob since your version of mafia and KoLmafia had to update to deal with it. (The official release and EXE release are hopelessly out of date.) You'd want to get the latest jar buld to deal with the recent Cyrpt and Closet revamp as well...

Also is pulverize an option as well? I couldn't see that in the picture(that item wasn't equipment anyways), so just asking in the mean time till I get your script working ^^

Yes, pulverize is an option.

Last edited:

getfresh

Ahhh... I should have know it something silly like that... My version is the last build from 2009 when I was last playing this game, lol. *walks away feeling dumb*

getfresh

Ok this is a another dumb question. How do I update with the .jar? Do I just place it in the same folder as my current build and then run it, or do I do something else? I ask because when I ran it the first time it created new folders in the directory I ran it from and I am worried that if run in my current folder it will overwrite all my current settings files.

Winterbay

For some reason I can't get the script to craft anything with my brown sugar canes. "Craft into" is not among the viable options even though it is clearly indicated as a cocktail crafting ingredient.

Edit: Also a feature request:
In the "keep all" section it is shown how many of an item you have, could this be expanded to be the case for the other tabs as well?

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
I thought it made the other tabs look cluttered. I'll consider that.

For some reason I can't get the script to craft anything with my brown sugar canes. "Craft into" is not among the viable options even though it is clearly indicated as a cocktail crafting ingredient.

That bug makes perfect sense to me. I don't feel like making a release at the moment, so I'll just attach the fixed script to this post and you can test it for me. Does it work?

Attachments

• relay_OCD_dB_Manager.ash
    27.5 KB · Views: 39

getfresh

I have some ideas for additions to the interface that I think might make the relay browser more pleasing to navigate as well as increase the OCD factor from major to institutional.

The current listing method list everything at once which is not bad if you are dealing with a small intergration, but when you are revamping or add 100+ files at once it can become a mess. Having the ability to control what is actively displayed by type at any time would be extremely helpful.

One easy enough way to implement this would be to have a simple sorting mode based directly on your current existing "actions" available for each file. This would allow a user to display only items capable of being pulverized without having to jump back and forth between two different types of item handling. The same can be said for some of the others, i.e. use, items with no sell restrictions, etc...

On the note of items locked out of sell, trade, smash, combine, use, or anything else useful; couldn't there be a quick option for either closeting them or display casing them just to get rid of them? Since that is non-destructive and most anyone who uses this script would have more than likely made sure that they already safely set "keep all" to their items of the same type that they use in EQ sets or for anything else.

The last thing is less to do with your script and more to do with the add-on script(i think), but as far as i can tell if can be run by either. The newest versions of kolmafia have already added listings for the smash results of basically everything in their item manager. The current system of using an svn to connect to for each item, one by one, is not very streamlined at all. Not even getting into the fact that the svn is not always up, and that it has a database which isn't large descriptive or correct all that often, kind of kills the point of it at all.
When sorting items and figuring out if you need to save, smash, autosell, mall sell, craft, etc... you need a bunch of different data on the item to make a proper assessment. I'm sure you know all of this since you made this script like it is in the first place. While it is an improvement, a vast one on the current system, without that extended functionality it feels like it has lost quite a bit of it's appeal.

Sorry for making a massive rant post, and don't get me wrong I really like your script, it is the best I have seen of its type, including kolmafias item management interface(too cluttered). I just figure when someone takes their time to help everyone else out the least we can do is give constructive feedback ^^

shazbot

A while back I mentioned that there is no way to have the script handle yeti fur, turning it into hippopotamus skin before autoselling it, so I had to settle with Keep All for that item. I believe the suggestion was some general way to handle special cases without having a category for each type of action that comes up.

Precisely. Basically with OCD you can set an item to call a defined script for a function in said script called OCD(item item, int keepCount). I don't know how nicely yoru script/mafia would work with treating scripts as implementing an interface (as that's essentially what I'm envisioning this doing). And as lostcalpolydude pointed out, that's another usable option. It could also be used for a faster turnover in case of new items. Hopefully it's conveyed well.

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
I was envisioning a Custom option in the drop-down, and the Notes section or whatever it is would be used to type in a CLI command (which people could use to call a script or put "ash" in front if they want it to be run some other way).

Winterbay

I thought it made the other tabs look cluttered. I'll consider that.

That may be true, but I was just wondering how many of the items in my list I had and what would happen to them when I ran the script. I guess this is not so much of a problem if you fill it out yourself but I filled mine out with zarqon's nice little scriptlet and so had no idea how many of an item I had.

That bug makes perfect sense to me. I don't feel like making a release at the moment, so I'll just attach the fixed script to this post and you can test it for me. Does it work?

Yep, that seems to be working just fine. Thanks.

Also, the script just made me 8 million meat when I ran it :)

Ferdawoon

Also, the script just made me 8 million meat when I ran it :)

Last I used it, it spent over 2.5mil getting BRICKO-bricks, booze and trying to craft loads of clown shields which it, for some reason, failed to do (I had adv left to spend crafting) and left me with loads of mats!
There is a reason my entire Craft tab is empty atm =(

Winterbay

Well, Zarqon did say "go through and see that it hasn't given itself any stupid ideas" so I did and removed the bricko crafting things since I don't want my 500 bricko eyes to be crafted into airships... :)

zarqon

Edit: Also a feature request:
In the "keep all" section it is shown how many of an item you have, could this be expanded to be the case for the other tabs as well?

+1. This is exactly the edit I make immediately whenever I update this script -- I just add it as number in parentheses after the item name, rather than a separate column.

Last I used it, it spent over 2.5mil getting BRICKO-bricks, booze and trying to craft loads of clown shields which it, for some reason, failed to do (I had adv left to spend crafting) and left me with loads of mats!

PA is not quite finished -- and aqua knew it before she mysteriously disappeared. Sometimes it gives positively absurd advice; if you'd asked PA about a box on my machine yesterday it would have told you to buy wrapping paper and make a present out of the box, then mallsell the present for a hefty profit. The problem being, I had nowhere near enough meat to buy the other ingredients. The second option, mallselling the box, was far more reasonable.

Bale

Minion
getfresh, worthwhile suggestion, but I'm not going to do that simply because it'd be a lot of work and I'm not that bored. I hate answering like that, but it just sounds tedious. Everyone is going to have to live with the current long lists of items

This is exactly the edit I make immediately whenever I update this script -- I just add it as number in parentheses after the item name, rather than a separate column.

Thank you for the suggestion. I think I'll fix it like that. I like simple and pretty solutions.

Bale

Minion
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce that.

I'm only getting options to "Keep All", "Closet" and "Display". I have no idea why your experience should be different from mine. Could you please verify that? Tell me all options for your scepter even though I cannot imagine how that could be screwed up.

Sputnik1

Here's what it says on mine...

scepter.jpg