OCD Inventory control

tragus

[deleted due to self-dumbness. I overlooked the option I was requesting]

So, many thanks for this script. This is looking awesome for my first use, though I've got rather a large accumulation of old crap that needs to be sorted (so the page loads *very* slowly).

Last edited:

AlbinoRhino

I am suddenly having a problem where the script no longer recognizes that jalapeño slices have been categorized. Using the version of zlib mentioned here, the CLI just reports "Item(s) have been categorized." However, re-loading the script in the browser shows the slices to still be uncategorized.

Using the previous version of zlib gives this in the CLI:
"Cannot apply operator ^ to ( n * 10.0 ) (float) and place (int) (zlib.ash, line 90)"

Using r8974.

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. I go into the OCD relay script, and suddenly, all of my items with special characters - tm, tildes, accents - are showing up as uncategorized.

roippi

Developer
Might be related to another issue I've seen elsewhere...

Code:
[All Covered In Whatsit] does not match anything in the status effect database.
[Jabañero Saucesphere] does not match anything in the status effect database.
[Jalapeño Saucesphere] does not match anything in the status effect database.

Not sure what's caused this, it's not the exponentiation operator dealie.

Winterbay

Your guess on the file-caching might be the thing I guess. Test it with a mafia version before and after that change? (I'm in HC and don't have access to most of those items...)

ETA: Tested. With version r8960 acquired 1 jabañero pepper and classified it. Closed teh relay browser and reopened it and the pepper is still classified.
Started r8963 and opened up the relay browser and ran the script and there are now two more unclassified items than before, the jabañero pepper and the Swabbie(TM) swab, both with special characters. The other one was definitely classified before I ran the script in 8960 and didn't show up there then.

Last edited:

PadainFain

This is probably not exclusive to this script but the relay script SAVE functionality is broken in Firefox 4.10 beta. It takes a few moments to process and then presents you back with your list of categorizations but as soon as you change Tabs to Information or 'Edit Database' you find that nothing has been updated.

Banana Lord

Potential bug: Setting an item to be sent as a gift via the "Edit Database" list removes it from the database as there is no "Information" text box to tell the script who to send it to.

Feature request: A way to deal with stuffies (send to kbay, send in a trade to a user defined person). There are a couple of scripts that sort of do this, but none of them terribly elegantly. Hey, if I wasn't OCD I wouldn't be in this thread would it? :p Bonus addition: Print a rough estimate of how much meat to expect in return for each trade (based on hard coded or user defined values) to reduce risk of being ripped off.

Still loving this script two years on!

Bale

Minion
I'm happy you like the script so much. I too would like it to be a simple one-step solution to inventory disbursement, but I do want to keep the interface simple enough to not frighten casual users and that is sometimes a problem.

Feature request: A way to deal with stuffies (send to kbay, send in a trade to a user defined person). There are a couple of scripts that sort of do this, but none of them terribly elegantly. Hey, if I wasn't OCD I wouldn't be in this thread would it? :p Bonus addition: Print a rough estimate of how much meat to expect in return for each trade (based on hard coded or user defined values) to reduce risk of being ripped off.

How would you like that to work? A kBay option that sends all things to kBay as a single combined auction regardless of what is in it? (How should the minimum bid be determined?) Obviously I'm not sending 20 items as 20 auctions since that pissed off turias the last time someone created a script to do that. Perhaps I could determine auction groups to get all stuffies together and so forth? (Should they be user definable?)

How should the trade option work?

slyz

Developer
I forget OCD is that old... I guess it's because people really started using it when Bale took up an interest in Relay scripts.

Banana Lord

That's the gist of what I was hoping for yes. The problem with the other scripts I've seen is that you end up with (at best) 1 auction per item type, which, while better than one per item, is not always ideal. Based on what I've seen on Kbay and what I've sold in /trade most buyers are only interested in two distinctions among stuffies: Regular and VIP. So as long as you kept those two classes separate you could bundle together as many stuffies as will fit in one auction. In fact you could probably even get away with putting the whole lot together as there are very few buyers picky enough to ignore a whole auction just because it has a couple of things they don't want in it. And I guess you could add options for extra customisation as well (eg: 1 auction per item type).

Min bid is easy. Just make it a percentage (say 90%) of the hard coded or user defined values for stuffies I mentioned before (there are really only a handful different values to take into account here, regular, VIP, chests, handbags, heart necklaces etc.). The prices on stuffies tend to be fairly static, and most people aren't going to mind if they miss out on one or two hundred meat here or there if it's in the interests of automation.

Wish it was even older... I could have used this from day one! (Well, kinda). Aside from Mafia itself this is easily my favourite and most used addition to KoL.

Bale

Minion
What about non-stuffy VIP goodies, do I put them in the same auction as VIP stuffies? What about wanting to put non-stuffy goods up for kBay?

What do you mean by "hard coded ... values for stuffies"? The only hard coded value for a stuffy I know is its autosell value. Should I just put them up for auto-sell? This doesn't sound easy to me. Please be more informative about selling price.

Banana Lord

Yeah, I'd say stick all the VIP items together, though it wouldn't hurt to put them in a separate auction either.

Well if you're going to go to the trouble of updating the script to kbay stuffies then if makes sense to extend that to include all possible items. So yeah, non-stuffy goods would be sweet too :D (Min bid could be user defined for these, or perhaps something more complicated that used mafia's mall data or price adviser to make a guesstimate of value).

I've probably used the wrong nomenclature. By hard coded I just meant pre-defined (by you) in the script.

I hope that makes slightly more sense than it did before :)

Bale

Minion
You used the term "hard coded" correctly, I just wasn't clear on who was hard coding their price. ;)

I think I've got an idea for a simple interface to set this up. I'll work on the KBAY option when I have some time. (I'll group all auctions in the three categories of stuffy, VIP stuff and other.) I'd be nice to get those stuffies out of my inventory already.

Bale

Minion
Working on this now... Found a new question for you:

How long do you think that these automatic kBay auctions should last?

And here's a small taste of what I'm doing. Note the default groups for items and the default bids. Please tell me if you disagree with those values. You will be able to change the bids for individual items if you like, these are just the default values.
PHP:
string min_bid(item doodad) {
	OCD[doodad].message = kbay_type(doodad);
	switch(OCD[doodad].message) {
	case "Stuffies":
		return "100";
	case "The Klaw":  // Non-stuffy Klaw items
		return "600";
	case "VIP Klaw Prizes":
		return "1000";
	case "Hilarious Objects":
		return "500";