OCD Inventory control

Rinn

Developer
I'm curious to why if you have Acquire these items for future use set for Items to keep in stock, you place them in the closet after acquiring them. I'd prefer if they stayed in my inventory personally, expecially since you're already taking them into account when doing other processes.

Bale

Minion
Worthwhile consideration. If you aren't interested in acquiring them, then it should be fine to let them get used up.

shoptroll

Not sure if this has been reported before but I have titanium assault umbrella listed in the mall sale panel in the relay control. I would like to mark these as something to craft (since they you can make gatorskin umbrellas from them) but I don't see the "craft into a..." entry in the dropdown even though the item description lists it as a meatsmithing component.

Last edited:

Bale

Minion
Interesting. That's doubtlessly because concoctions.txt lists 2 recipes for a goatskin umbrella and with the way file_to_map() works, there is no way for me to read both recipes out of the file. The only way I can get the titanium assault umbrella to show up is to code it in as an exception.

Add this line to the relay script after line 333:
Code:
	is_craftable[$item[titanium assault umbrella]] = true;

Last edited:
I didn't realize that I was the first person that replied to this when you posted it. But I'll give you an update. I Love this script Bale...it is by far the most used script that I have other than the ascension script that i use on my farmer. Thank you so much.

Banana Lord

A quick look at Kbay suggests to me that the default Kbay values for Deluxe Klaw items are too high. My history, for example, reveals a pattern. It's probably more down to the user to change those values, but it looks like a lot of people aren't doing that, and haven't noticed that their auctions aren't selling.

EDIT: Actually, scrap lowering the defaults. After talking to someone in /trade it seems the problem is no buyout. Could you add buyouts to the auctions OCD sends?

Last edited:

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Interesting. That's doubtlessly because concoctions.txt lists 2 recipes for a goatskin umbrella and with the way file_to_map() works, there is no way for me to read both recipes out of the file. The only way I can get the titanium assault umbrella to show up is to code it in as an exception.

Add this line to the relay script after line 333:
Code:
	is_craftable[$item[titanium assault umbrella]] = true;

You only can't read both recipes if you want to store the result immediately into a record [item] map. You certainly can read them if you use a multidimensional map. edit: Probably; I haven't actually touched datafiles in a while.

Bale

Minion
EDIT: Actually, scrap lowering the defaults. After talking to someone in /trade it seems the problem is no buyout. Could you add buyouts to the auctions OCD sends?

Please explain. That would require the use of another datafield so I would rather not.

You only can't read both recipes if you want to store the result immediately into a record [item] map. You certainly can read them if you use a multidimensional map. edit: Probably; I haven't actually touched datafiles in a while.

Hrm? I haven't studied how multidimensional maps store as files. What do you think this data structure should look like?

Winterbay

If you run sushi with sushi_debug set to true (zlib variable) you get a data-dump in your /data-folder of a multidimensional map (in case you want to see what it would look like :) ).

heeheehee

Developer
Staff member
Please explain. That would require the use of another datafield so I would rather not.

Hrm? I haven't studied how multidimensional maps store as files. What do you think this data structure should look like?
Presumably you'd have multiple keys. I forget how the file's organized... result/method/ingredient1/...?

Nonetheless, they're stored just the same as single-dimensional maps of records. Which is... key1/key2/.../keyn/value. (as opposed to key/field1/field2/.../fieldn)

Bale

Minion
Quest items are only recognized by OCD when I notice that there is something you can do with them. The list of these OCDable quest items is:
Code:
	case $item[Boris's key]:
	case $item[Jarlsberg's key]:
	case $item[Richard's star key]:
	case $item[Sneaky Pete's key]:
	case $item[digital key]:
	case $item[the Slug Lord's map]:
	case $item[Dr. Hobo's map]:
	case $item[Dolphin King's map]:
	case $item[Degrassi Knoll shopping list]:
	case $item[31337 scroll]:
	case $item[dead mimic]:
		return true;

No other quest item is OCDable either because there is no valid use for them that I am aware of, or else KoLmafia takes care of them automatically, like the paper strips from the Nemesis Cave and various clues from the Mine Foremens' Office.

Bale

Minion
I did not know that. The gash page always throws a reminder to do it yourself, so I just figured they went poof if you forgot.

KoLmafia autosells all autosellable quest stuff without even asking you when you go through the gash. Mafia figures that since it is going away as soon as you go through the gash, you might as well get a little meat from it. Unlike the things that you are reminded about, there is absolutely no downside so mafia doesn't bother to remind you. (Actually, there would be no down side to selling off the rat whiskers either, but for some reason mafia asks you about it...)

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
(Actually, there would be no down side to selling off the rat whiskers either, but for some reason mafia asks you about it...)

Probably related to whether the Artist's Quest has been completed or not. My recollection is that the reminder was originally done because it was easy. Now that we know that you can't turn in the whiskers if you have not completed the quest (right?) it seems to me that the FR would be to a) automagically and silently sell whiskers if you have any and you have completed the quest OR display that you have some on the gash page giving the user the option to decide to undertake the quest if they so choose.

Does mafia actually know that the Artist Quest has been completed or is this one of the things in teh oft hoped for "better quest tracking"?

Theraze

Can't find zarqon's PAtoOCD.ash anywhere in the forums for best attachment of this post, but this is one of the two threads that got found when I tried (the other was an SVN log) so I'm putting it here.

I recently got frustrated at its hardcoding to name, even if you've changed the name you'd like using the OCD relay script for shared purposes or ascension v. normal OCDness or whatever. Attached is a copy that should check your zlib variables to see what OCD file to use, so you can PA multiple bits easily if needed.

Attachments

• PAtoOCD.ash
    2 KB · Views: 90

Ferdawoon

Something I have considered is, if there could be some way to "flag" certain settings, and to be able to re-run Zarq's PA->OCD script on the rest..?

Since markets fluctuate, the settings could be re-done from time to time to adapt to that, but if I do that I get a completly new list and need to re-do the manual changes I have done on the old list. If I could flag some items as "locked" and re-run the PAtoOCD script to change everything else that could be taken into account.

Maybe the market do not really change that much and this is a bad idea, but after playing online games where the market can change quite a lot, being able to change a database like OCD in an easy way would be just pure awsomeness! :D