OCD Inventory control

Bale

Minion
I'll have to work on that then. Not sure why I can't figure out that matter. (Although it is tricky because of how available_amount() will give different responses based upon your closet preference --- still it shouldn't give me this much trouble.)

Theraze

Isn't the "stocking" part designed for ascension, where all the stuff in the closet goes into the same Hagnk pot? I think the 'fix' for this would be for Donavin to run this in a wrapper that disables using the closet, runs OCD in stock mode, and then re-enables the closet. Wouldn't want that in main code because it causes bugs if someone cancels out partway through script-execution, but...

Art_Shamsky

I'm very confused...

How to use:

Get zlib if you don't already have it. If you're running any other scripts, odds are that you already have it.check
Download OCD Inventory Control to your /scripts directory.check
Download relay_OCD_dB_Manager to your /relay directory.check
Invoke OCD dB Manager from your relay browser's top menu. Use it to create a map file with a list of how you want to treat every item. This map file can also be edited in a plain text editor if you're careful.invoke what? how?
Run OCD Inventory Control from your script menu to make all your excess items go away.i've tried. it kmailed Bale, took everything out of my closet, and did nothing else.

So...what am I doing wrong?

Banana Lord

invoke what? how?

Open the relay browser (map icon at the top left of the mafia window), go to the drop down menu at the top right of the browser window that opens (it's just to the left of the chat pane) and select OCD_db_Manager. The rest should be fairly obvious.

Art_Shamsky

Oh, geez! Every time I've run scripts in the past, I've done it from the Mafia drop down, and not in relay. It totally makes sense now, thanks!

Banana Lord

No problem. A bunch of script authors have started writing companion relay scripts (scripts that are run from and in the relay browser) to go with their main scripts to make them more interactive, or just easier to use.

FishyBug

Love this script! Thanks Bale.

Feature Request!

I would like to specify which clan I can stash a specific item in. I have two clans. One to store Investment/High priced items and one for stuff I just want to keep around/mementos.

Thanks,
FishyBug

Bale

Minion
My script does automatic stashing? Wow! I seriously didn't even know it could do that...

/me quickly checks script and confirms that somehow that functionality does indeed exist!

Huh. I don't remember that. I guess the script has come to life and added a feature all on its own. I have to admit that it would be an important addition to the feature if the user could specify which clan stash to use. Otherwise clanhopping could cause someone to accidentally put an item into a clan to which you only switch so that you could bite in their haunted house, squeeze the gall bladder in their slime tube or otherwise not want to use their stash.

I'll definitely see into adding that feature since it seems kinda ill conceived to add an item to the stash of an anonymous clan.

Banana Lord

I think it's fairly obvious what's happened here. Bale of the future has invented a time machine and is improving his code before he even writes it. I would't bother adding that feature Bale, your future self has it covered ;-)

Here's some output from OCD:
Code:
Taking off everything...
Everything removed.
pulverize 3 cold powder, 3 hot powder, 1 sleaze nuggets, 3 stench nuggets, 3 stench powder, 1 twinkly nuggets, 2 twinkly powder

Waiting for more items to kBay "Klaw Jewelery" 3 heart necklace @ 20,000
Waiting for more items to kBay "Tasteful Gifts" 8 Loudmouth Larry Lamprey @ 50
Waiting for more items to kBay "The Klaw" 1 rubber WWJD? bracelet @ 1000, 1 rubber WWtNSD? bracelet @ 1000
Waiting for more items to kBay "VIP Klaw Prizes" 1 bejeweled cufflinks @ 1000, 2 garish pinky ring @ 1000, 1 giant designer sunglasses @ 1000

Putting on leather aviator's cap...
Equipment changed.
Wielding sword behind inappropriate prepositions...
Equipment changed.
Putting on General Sage's Lonely Diamonds Club Jacket...
Equipment changed.
Putting on stinky cheese diaper...
Equipment changed.
Putting on depleted Grimacite grappling hook...
Equipment changed.
Putting on depleted Grimacite weightlifting belt...
Equipment changed.
Putting on dead guy's memento...
Equipment changed.
Why does OCD need to reequip my gear item by item (rather than just saving it as a Backup outfit), and why does it need to equip them at all since I'm already wearing them?

slyz

Developer
That's the way Mafia equips outfits. If I remember correctly, it's because we don't know how predict in which slot accessories will end up after the outfit changing request.

Banana Lord

How do you mean "the way mafia equips outfits"? Swapping between a couple of outfits gives:
Code:
Putting on outfit: Bounty-Hunting Rig
Equipment changed.
Putting on outfit: Farming
Equipment changed.
Putting on outfit: Bounty Hunting
Equipment changed.

Bale

Minion
I added item-by-item gear equipping because backup outfit was failing. Backup has the problem that if you need to equip the bugbear outfit to bake a pie it will save a new backup outfit to use. It was possible to have mafia save a new backup outfit for several reasons. That caused a bug I decided to overcome in this way. I could not use the checkpoint command for much more horrific reasons.

How do you mean "the way mafia equips outfits"?

KoL will randomly shuffle acc1, acc2 and acc3 when you equip an outfit. This is a KoL bug, not a mafia bug.

Last edited:

Banana Lord

OK, I see your problem. But could you add a check to see if the character has the item equipped before trying to equip it again anyway? It's really minor, but it bugs me every time I see it /OCD.

EDIT: Oh and I know about the longstanding KoL accessory bug, I just wasn't entirely sure what Slyz was referring to.

--

Feature request: Specify a minimum mall price for items (if the field is left blank OCD ignores it and behaves as normal). Some items I sell go up and down in price quite a lot. *I* know what I can sell them for, but OCD doesn't, and the mall price sometimes falls too low for my liking.

charred

bale, what do you think about adding an "All" tab for the relay script under Edit Database?
theres been times i forget where i categorized an item and i want to find it and edit it and have to try going through all the tabs to find it

Bale

Minion
Well, if you lose an item you can always open the data file directly. I don't really want an ALL tab for several reasons. (Too darn big and extra fields have different meanings.)

Banana Lord

I've had the same problem as charred, and by the time I've opened the data file I might as well have searched through the tabs manually (hope that doesn't sound critical, it's not meant to). I wonder if it'd be possible to add a search field that would return a link to the item's tab, and potentially scroll down to it? Could be more trouble than it's worth for something so minor.

Quite often I go into the data file and hit ctrl-f to find the item I'm looking for. I'm going to guess that's a lot easier then making a search function in the relay version.