OCD Inventory control

Bale

Minion
Check the "Configure Script" tab. Set both accounts to use the same name for data file.

Important note: If you click the save button it will overwrite that file with the current data. If you click the "Change filename" button, then it will switch to the data in the name you designate.

Banana Lord

A request for automatically making use of the Still before/after farming came up in the Harvest thread. Since this felt like an inventory management feature I wondered if it was something you might like to add to OCD. If not I'll just go ahead and build it into Harvest :)

Bale

Minion
Heck, no. That doesn't belong here at all. I'd recommend that people just put that into their login scripts like I do. Or else you can put it into Harvest as you suggest for the folks that don't know how to make login scripts.

As a quick example of why I don't want it in OCD, here's the code my login script uses in aftercore which checks the mall to find out what is selling for the most profit. It will purchase items so that it can make greater profit than just dealing with items in inventory. OCD just doesn't work like that.

Code:
void improve_spirits() {
	if(stills_available() < 1)
		return;
	item [item] upgrade;
	upgrade[$item[bottle of gin]] = $item[bottle of Calcutta Emerald];
	upgrade[$item[bottle of rum]] = $item[bottle of Lieutenant Freeman];
	upgrade[$item[bottle of tequila]] = $item[bottle of Jorge Sinsonte];
	upgrade[$item[bottle of vodka]] = $item[bottle of Definit];
	upgrade[$item[bottle of whiskey]] = $item[bottle of Domesticated Turkey];
	upgrade[$item[boxed wine]] = $item[boxed champagne];
	upgrade[$item[grapefruit]] = $item[tangerine];
	upgrade[$item[lemon]] = $item[kiwi];
	upgrade[$item[olive]] = $item[cocktail onion];
	upgrade[$item[orange]] = $item[kumquat];
	upgrade[$item[soda water]] = $item[tonic water];
	upgrade[$item[strawberry]] = $item[raspberry];
	upgrade[$item[bottle of sewage schnapps]] = $item[bottle of Ooze-O];
	upgrade[$item[bottle of sake]] = $item[bottle of Pete's Sake];

item best;
	int profit = 0;
	int test_profit;
	foreach key in upgrade {
		if(historical_age(upgrade[key])>1) mall_price(upgrade[key]);
		if(historical_age(key)>1) mall_price(key);
		test_profit = historical_price(upgrade[key]) - historical_price(key);
		if(test_profit > profit) {
			best = key;
			profit = test_profit;
		}
	}

print("Creating " + stills_available()+ " " +upgrade[best]+ " to sell @ "+historical_price(upgrade[best]), "blue");
	retrieve_item(stills_available(), best);
	create(stills_available(), upgrade[best]);
	put_shop(historical_price(upgrade[best]), 0,  upgrade[best]);
}

Last edited:

Banana Lord

Sure, perfectly understandable, just thought I'd check. Thanks for the code too! I'll probably make use of it when I get a chance to work on Harvest again.

EDIT: Heck, since you've GIVEN it to me like that I guess I'll just go and add it right now. Sheesh, way to make my life easier Bale :p

Last edited:

matt.chugg

I have a couple of requests, I apologise if these have been brought up in the 61 pages of posts before!

1: Could you add alternate row colouring in the tables.
2: Could you add rollover highlighting to the table so you can see which row you are looking at (this would require javascript as :hover pseudo class doesn't work for table row/cell)

Awesome work, more powerful than I first though!

Bale

Minion
I have a couple of requests, I apologise if these have been brought up in the 61 pages of posts before!

1: Could you add alternate row colouring in the tables.
2: Could you add rollover highlighting to the table so you can see which row you are looking at (this would require javascript as :hover pseudo class doesn't work for table row/cell)

The first one definitely not since I would find it unattractive. The second sounds interesting and it would solve the same problem so tell me more about it. How would that be done?

Awesome work, more powerful than I first though!

I'm glad it works for you.

matt.chugg

I meant to say doesn't work in IE, I believe tr:hover {background-color:silver;} WOULD work for standards compliant browsers, if you feel the need to add support for ie 2 you'll have to use JS

I usually use jquery since i tend to need more js functions, but that seems a little overkill here, $("tr").hover(function() {});

or without jquery

<tr onMouseOver="this.bgColor='yellow';" onMouseOut="this.bgColor='white';">

Personally I'd go with the hover css class if it works, and not bloat the generated relay file with inline js or loading a library!

Bale

Minion
It's my policy not to worry too much about IE. Sucks to be them.

Added the sliver highlighting. It's kinda interesting. I'm going to live with it for a bit to decide if I want to keep that.

After I decide... It's a little awkward for me to post a new version of the script right now since it implements a new feature that doesn't work and I can't make it work until zarqon fixes his map manager's upload. As soon as that is finished I'll switch that feature from using a local file in my data directory to his map manager and release an update.

gilrain

I've seen a number of references to a PAtoOCD script. I've searched everywhere I can think of, but can't actually find a copy of this script. I think it'd be really useful in helping me set up OCD for the first time. I'm a very new KoL player and find myself paralyzed trying to figure out what to sell and what to keep for the future.

Can anyone link to the script, if it still exists?

fronobulax

Developer
Staff member
I've seen a number of references to a PAtoOCD script. I've searched everywhere I can think of, but can't actually find a copy of this script. I think it'd be really useful in helping me set up OCD for the first time. I'm a very new KoL player and find myself paralyzed trying to figure out what to sell and what to keep for the future.

Can anyone link to the script, if it still exists?

I was all set to give you a snarky response and then realized I can't find it using the board's search either. I had to use Google and a bunch of educated guesses.

So this is probably the original post. You will have to copy the code and paste it into a text file. This is a version someone is kindly maintaining at DropBox and I have taken the liberty of adding mine to this post. I know I changed something in mine because keeping 5 of various items was excessive, IMO.

It requires PriceAdvisor and for that you can start here.

Attachments

• PAtoOCD.ash
    2 KB · Views: 56

gilrain

I was all set to give you a snarky response and then realized I can't find it using the board's search either. I had to use Google and a bunch of educated guesses.

Yeah, I tried to do my due diligence... glad it wasn't right under my nose, somehow. Thank you very much for digging that up. I'll start setting it up right now!

zarqon

I have PAtoOCD.ash sitting in my script directory, so if I ever posted it as a script that was its name. However, that script wasn't exactly meant to be run as posted. The filters were very minimal and meant to be excessively safe -- they were meant to be tweaked by other people who were more, well, OCD than I am. I can think of several additional features I'd want off the top of my head. I posted the script merely to demonstrate how one might use PA to populate their OCD map. I'm happy to see that others have run with the very basic torch I posted.

Donavin69

I've found a minor bug with the stock part of the script. I will usually use the stock part on my ascending characters, in the mode, keep, until I'm about ready to ascend, then switch it to acquire. I have it set to stock a certain number of several things (like 10 milk of magnesium), I used 1 while farming today, so it pulled them from the closet and used them (that's fine) but when OCD re-stocked them, it acquired 1 from the closet, and put them back (so there were only 9 in the closet).

Bale

Minion
I believe I have fixed that. Fixed a bunch of other stuff also, most of which bothered nobody except for myself.

OCD Inventory Control Updated!

Donavin69

I still see the issue:

> call scripts\Utils\OCD Inventory Control.ash

Stocking up on requred items!
Removing items from closet...
You acquire hot hi mein (2)
You acquire an item: prismatic wad
Placing items into closet (request 1 of 2)...
Placing items into closet (request 2 of 2)...

Nothing to do. I foresee no additional meat in your future.
Requests complete.

> call scripts\Utils\OCD Inventory Control.ash

Stocking up on requred items!
You acquire hot hi mein (2)
You acquire an item: prismatic wad
Placing items into closet (request 1 of 2)...
Placing items into closet (request 2 of 2)...

Nothing to do. I foresee no additional meat in your future.
Requests complete.

I went into item manager and unchecked "Use Closet"

and it wend out and bought a bunch of stuff that apparently I didn't have enough of...(I just checked my closet on those items and now I have the amount I wanted)