Nemesis quest script

Winterbay

I'm a bit concerned about that 'unreachable code' error

I think that is due to this:
Code:
    // if we know how to bind a Spaghetti Elemental
    if ( have_skill($skill[Bind Spaghetti Elemental]))
        use_skill($skill[Bind Spaghetti Elemental]);
        return ( my_thrall() == $thrall[Spaghetti Elemental]);

That would need {}-encapsulation since it is two lines. Otherwise the return-statement will be run always and the code after will never be executed. You would've noticed this if you had not already had the Bind Spaghetti Elemental-skill already.

Grabuge

OK thank you. Yeah, that error means that if someone doesn't know the skill but have the document, the script wouldn't know what to do. I'll try to figure out something.

Winterbay

Just change that part to:
Code:
    // if we know how to bind a Spaghetti Elemental
    if ( have_skill($skill[Bind Spaghetti Elemental])) {
        use_skill($skill[Bind Spaghetti Elemental]);
        return ( my_thrall() == $thrall[Spaghetti Elemental]);
    }

And at least the code will run all the way :)

Grabuge

Thank you Winterbay, I think that did fix it.

I still need someone who hasn't started the quest yet to test it but I think we are very close to a working script.

Last edited:

T_E

Woo! After fixing a c/p error on my part, I ran this and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Last edited:

T_E

I used Nemesis.ash from start to finish. I stopped the script as soon as the thugs were queued, did the sea quest manually, meat farmed until the volcano map dropped, then did the c/p work on the script and launched it again. After fixing an initial error of mine with the c/p, the script performed flawlessly (up to and through the maze). Thanks again!

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I am assuming the PM stuff is fixed (I have not tested it) and I committed this to SVN. Better to have something that is probably fixed than something definitely broken. Also tweaked the TT french turtle fight.

ckb

chi7p1

Hello, is there any way I can use the script without changing my familiar? I'm aiming for 100% familiar run

Theraze

Easiest thing to do is tell the script that it's a 100% familiar run.
zlib is_100_run = <whatever your familiar is>

Zen00

Delete the line that optimizes? Otherwise if you're using an automation, expect to live by the writers rules.

T_E

I'm having this issue:

> call nemesis.ash

Checkpoints cleared.
Internal checkpoint created.
Out of adventures.
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to Sauce Synergy-Mortar Shell
Problem occured while opening the Volcano island, exiting...
Restoring initial settings...
CCS set to Sauce Synergy-Mortar Shell

I have 270 adventures, so I'm not quite sure what's going on.

I've tried refreshing my session, Update Clear, logging out and back in again, etc.
I'm at the point where the volcano map just dropped (I have it in my inventory).
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

ETA: running KoLmafia-15553

FOLLOWUP: Using the map from my inventory seems to have resolved the initial issue- but it's doing some weird stuff in the fights- it spent over 201 turns getting the vials of slime before cooking anything. Something definitely seems amiss but I'm not sure how to check anything else on my end here as it went ahead and cooked stuff after I stopped and started it again.

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
Not sure if the script has been updated to handle the new no-pirate unlock.

It has. I believe it should work... at least it did in the last 2 runs I did (for this part at least).

I'm having this issue:

FOLLOWUP: Using the map from my inventory seems to have resolved the initial issue- but it's doing some weird stuff in the fights- it spent over 201 turns getting the vials of slime before cooking anything. Something definitely seems amiss but I'm not sure how to check anything else on my end here as it went ahead and cooked stuff after I stopped and started it again.

That is weird. There may be an issue with Saucerors. I remember having a similar issue a while back. I am in Ed now, I but I will try and remember to transition to sauceror and test this.

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I just finished an Ed run, and because a sauceror. The nemesis.ash script ran as expected with no errors (used the Volcano Map, make slime vials correctly).

T_E

To follow up, I just ran Nemesis.ash from start to finish (with my usual 'stop when the thugs are queued, do other stuff until the map drops, then launch the script again' thing) and had zero issues. I'm thinking that my earlier issues were perhaps caused by my weird connectivity and lag issues during that time rather than anything going amiss with the script. Yay! =D

Last edited:

T_E

It looks like the update to the Nemesis quest line (new quest info located here) has broken this script a bit. I received this error when I first tried to run it today post-prism:
Code:
Acquiring LEW... Don't know how to retrieve a (unknown item -1) Unable to obtain your Epic Weapon, please craft/buy one.

I manually obtained the 5-alarm saucepan, showed it to my guild dude, and tried the script again. Same error.
So, I manually crafted the 17-alarm saucepan and tried the script again. Same error.
I then went to the guild, talked to my guild dude, and tried the script again. Same error.
Lastly. I clicked on the cave location and then ran the script. Success! Woo!
Everything appears to be fine from that point on (I'm currently working my way through the thug queue).

ETA: I fired up the script again after receiving the volcano map- it ran flawlessly from that point forward- woo!

Last edited:

ckb

Minion
Staff member
I have not yet looked at how the script needs to be updated, but if someone (nudge nudge Zen00) wants to post a fix, I will gladly review it and submit it to SVN.