MrEdge73's Item Handling Script Suite!

shazbot

If you do go down the pulverize path, can you also go down to considering whether or not to convert equipment in the process. Like leather bat skin can be made into gear and then smashed for wads. You may want to consider the mafia preference cost_of_adventure value in doing so.

xKiv

It would be worth it if stats from the resulting wads (potentially prismatic) allowed you to skip an entire powerlevelling turn (not going to happen) (also limited by/dependant on run type and other spleen consumption), or if the buffs allowed you to unlock your powerlevelling areas earlier enough to be worth an entire adventure in the end (you don't get wad early enough for this).
ETA: or if the meat was enough to buy an entire adventure worth of powerlevelling mainstats in the hall of legends

slyz

Developer
I posted this half-jokingly, but in some cases where you can't think of anything to do with a cast of inigo's, turning skins into wads sounds better than nothing.

the resulting wads (potentially prismatic)
I did forget the potential for turn generation from prismatic wads, that could be useful. I think spending adventures to generate adventures is overrated though, since it is useful only in few cases.

ETA: or if the meat was enough to buy an entire adventure worth of powerlevelling mainstats in the hall of legends
That would be one broken item!

Gemlad

With the change to the moon signs, all incidences of in_moxie_sign() in NSClosetier should be replaced with gnomads_available() in order to get the Gate Two items.

Have only tested it under The Vole, so I haven't checked whether it works properly or not, but it stops the Gate Two bit of script ignoring your chewing gums.

mredge73

I haven't updated it since the changes, it doesn't really work at all in a bees run.
I am trying to decide how to do it since new paths are likely to become available soon.
A rewrite may be in order, I just don't have a lot of free time.
I will try to look at it today, thanks for the heads up and the interest in my scripts.

mredge73

Updates!

NS Closetier
version 20110903
fix NG logic
fix display for telescope level 7
replaced in_moxie_class() with gnomads_available()
my_path() == "Bees Hate You"
added vendo key buying

HC Inventory Control

version 20110903
changed logic to dump the pulverizing hammer
added SIM variable
Warning: Simulation mode is unfinished!

adjusted Mallsell -> Autosell routine to only look up items in possession
equip turtle totem
Added 3 vars commands:
HCinventorycontrol_MallPriceHold -> Defaulted to True
HCinventorycontrol_DonateToStarvingScripters -> Defaulted to True
HCinventorycontrol_SimulationMode -> Defaulted to False
HCinventorycontrol_LogSession -> Defaulted to True
fixed toot
fixed artist
fixed untinker
removed free goofballs
User confirm Sim mode on "Way of the Surprising Fist"

Functions
version 20110903
parse mail is obsolete due to zlib update
Use Batch Commands on RetailSale (mall), Autosell, ConsumeItems, simulation option added
added mall advertisement functions
replaced in_muscle_sign() with knoll_available()

Item List
version 20110903
fixed key words for level 7 telescope items (hopefully!)
removed message record
keep seltzers in run
added back in historic age for my_price()
keep one of each starter items
added globe
added mall_item
save one goth kid t-shirt for better use of warm gift certificates
replaced in moxie sign and in myst sign

Last edited:

mredge73

That was one of the reasons that motivated me to spin this release.
I had been wanting to put in a Simulation mode but I didn't have a reason for it, so low motivation.
Now it works on Consume, MallSell, and Autosell. Still haven't finished pulverize or aftercore routines but they will be next.
So at start up it will check path for WotSF and run most functions in sim mode (after pop up check box).
Pop up is there if you actually want to donate these items to clean up inventory (trophy 102).

Pikolo

A couple suggestions

Awesome script MrEdge, I've been using it for some time. Just a couple of suggestions.

Sometimes (especially late in run) I don't want to create a bartender or chef that will be mostly wasted, so I changed the campground section (around line 1070) to:
PHP:
//Campground~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

//make In-A-Boxes and Meat Maid, 1.Chef, 2.Meat Maid, 3.Bartender
	if(user_confirm("Build bartender, meat maid, and chef?")) {
		QuestDone=QuestDone+FillCampGround();	
	}

Also, I've noticed that in aftercore, key lime pies are crafted before the chef is created, which can waste turns if you end up building a chef.

mredge73

Awesome script MrEdge, I've been using it for some time. Just a couple of suggestions.
Also, I've noticed that in aftercore, key lime pies are crafted before the chef is created, which can waste turns if you end up building a chef.

I have been meaning to fix this. It only requires setting the properties to make chef/bartender before crafting, just a few lines...

Winterbay

Go to line 787 and rename the variable called "item" to "it" instead :)
(don't have the script so can't be more specific)

Theraze

Any spot with "Item" (capitalized) should probably be changed to "it" (lowercase, not complete word). Pick your favourite text editor and go for it. If you don't have a fav, even Notepad should succeed... just don't try to use MS Word.

Theraze, I downloaded Editpad and went to line 787, but according to that the word "Item" was not in that line. I tried to do it in notepad but couldn't figure out which line 787 was.

Edit: Finally figured it out. As soon as I got it fixed and tried to run it again, it gives me another error on another line.

And thank you for the help.

Did a whole lot of line changes and now I'm getting "bad item value....cape of the goblin king" (Update: since I knew that this was no longer an item, I went thru and changed all of those to Codpiece and it's finally running :D Yippee

Thanks for teaching me something new Theraze

Last edited:

Theraze

Here are updates to the three scripts, since they haven't been posted before. The Item Lists script has been updated so that it doesn't have issues with mafia no longer allowing Item as a variable name. The Functions script has been updated to no longer do $type[""]. It also has a tweak to the still upgrades allowing you to say that you don't want to buy upgrades, useful when running still upgrades during a run. And all the various fuzzy matches have been fixed.

Attachments

• MrEdge73's Support Script -- ClanAdministrator(LITE).ash
    21.9 KB · Views: 39
  • MrEdge73's Support Script -- Functions (Beta).ash
    84 KB · Views: 49
  • MrEdge73's Support Script -- Item Lists (Beta).ash
    82.3 KB · Views: 48