Bug - Fixed Missing environment info for many locations

Bale

Minion
Removed all bugbear locations from the chart. Only a few locations are left now! Let's solve some more of them.

Ah, The Tower of Procedurally-Generated Skeletons! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.
Ah, The Landscaper's Lair! I have a number of species that thrive in outdoor environments!

Oh dear, that last one is a name change!

Veracity

Developer
Staff member
Revision 12433 reverts The "Fun" House because it makes KoLmafia throw an exception at login.

Code:
Exception in thread "Thread-4" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.LoginManager.initialize(LoginManager.java:172)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.LoginManager.doLogin(LoginManager.java:90)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.session.LoginManager.login(LoginManager.java:74)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.processLoginRequest(LoginRequest.java:439)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.handleServerRedirect(GenericRequest.java:1912)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.retrieveServerReply(GenericRequest.java:1807)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.execute(GenericRequest.java:1473)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.GenericRequest.run(GenericRequest.java:1366)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.request.LoginRequest.run(LoginRequest.java:261)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:222)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread.postRequest(RequestThread.java:185)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.doLogin(LoginFrame.java:343)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.LoginFrame$LoginPanel.actionConfirmed(LoginFrame.java:299)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.panel.GenericPanel$ConfirmedListener.execute(GenericPanel.java:627)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.swingui.listener.ThreadedListener.run(ThreadedListener.java:239)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.RequestThread$ThreadWrappedRunnable.run(RequestThread.java:342)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Arrays.binarySearch(Arrays.java:1943)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.utilities.StringUtilities.getMatchingNames(StringUtilities.java:316)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.AdventureDatabase$AdventureArray.find(AdventureDatabase.java:1071)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.AdventureDatabase.getAdventure(AdventureDatabase.java:608)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.AdventureDatabase.refreshAdventureList(AdventureDatabase.java:480)
	at net.sourceforge.kolmafia.persistence.AdventureDatabase.<clinit>(AdventureDatabase.java:116)
	... 16 more

lostcalpolydude

Developer
Staff member
The NPE comes from trying to use the OLD_LOCATIONS and associated values before they are initialized, but that's only supposed to happen with user-supplied input, so the real problem is that StringUtilities.getMatchingNames() (the call 5 lines before the one that leads to an NPE) isn't finding a matching name. After staring at it for a while, I don't feel any close to understanding why. If I remove the code for old name matching, things start up fine, but there is nothing that I can figure out to put in $location[] to avoid a fuzzy match warning.

Bale

Minion
Perhaps we need a new bug report for the "Fun" House?

r12431 added the following:

Correct KoL Locationenvironment
The Landscaper's Lairoutdoor
The Tower of Procedurally-Generated Skeletonsindoor

The list is very nearly complete. Just a few more to go.

Crowther

I'll continue to steal Bale's thread. . .
$location[Smut Orc Logging Camp] is called "The Smut Orc Logging Camp" by the Florist/KoL.

I've made amazing progress at planting the entire kingdom with +25% flowers on my non-ascender.

Bale

Minion
Only 4 locations still unknown: The Temple Portico , Heartbreaker's Hotel, Chapel, Arrrboretum

Bale

Minion
Courtesy of Cannonfire40:

Ah, Vanya's Castle Chapel! Nothing brightens up an indoor space like some plants, I always say.

Don't forget to change the location name as well as add the environment info.

Last edited:
Heartbreaker's Hotel is not open for business.

Hello! You should go scout out an appropriate location for me to plant something... at.

That is to say, Heartbreaker's Hotel is not actually a location. The zone number is not actually the hotel. The hotel is not, in fact, adventure.php, it's just a carryover from when it was planned to be adventure.php.

Bale

Minion
Thanks cannonfire40! You really went to hell and back to spade that. Ascending Bad Moon, visiting the hotel and then dropping Bad Moon so that you could visit the Florist. aWesomE.

Someone, please change $location[heartbreaker's hotel].environment to none.

Now we just need someone to visit the temple portico and we'll finally be able to close this thread.

Bale

Minion
I should do that by next week. Now that it is the last I want to find it out and close this thread.